2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Who will win the 2008 Formula One Drivers Championship?

Lewis Hamilton
59%
Felipe Massa
41%

Total votes: 118

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by MP4/4#12 » 05 Nov 2008, 12:29

Hellooo, it`s obvious that we fans appreciate what a driver can do in a weaker car, all those drivers started in weak cars and showed great potential,motivation to do the best they could with what they had, look at Vettel`s example or even Alonso this season and nobody talked about "rules", it`s just one opinion that is shared with many fans.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 05 Nov 2008, 14:26

in the modern f1 era, i have known no one who has won a championship with a weak car.....maybe a lucky win or two, but never winning on a consistent basis. it's not villenueve or hamilton's fault if they entered f1 on quick cars - and it's none of any driver's fault if they are on weak cars.

tresxd
car driver
car driver

Post by tresxd » 05 Nov 2008, 14:38

joostlamers wrote: Hellooo, it is not in the rules that you have to start with a smaller team, you're talking absolute rubbish now.
lol, no one said it was under the rules to start with a smaller team. self pwed?
it just shows more of a driving talent from a driver who starts from a small team.
anyway, hamilton already met the max of his potential already.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Nov 2008, 17:39

blizzard wrote: If that would have been the case, Michael would have won 10 championships. Just rewatch 96 season, 98 season, 99 season and 2006 season.

If you´re trying to demagnify Michael´s achievements and contribution to Ferrari´s success, you´re very much on the wrong side of reality.
I don't think hes trying to demagnify his achievments - for he rebuilt Ferrari, but its the manner in which some of the races were run, like Austria 2001 and 2002, Indy 2002 etc.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 05 Nov 2008, 17:50

check out lewis' career so far.........he did probably drive in weak teams/inferior cars, but it's not his fault if the car he drives in f1 is fast and a championship contender.....

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 05 Nov 2008, 18:15

This is ridiculous.Hamilton got into F1 with McLaren,and as a rookie was a gearbox glitch away from a title.He beat Alonso fair and square in an equal car,and yeah he acted like a prick on some occasions but Alonso was just as bad as him.And in his 2nd year he's champion.Some of his drives have been magnificent,and he's the most talented driver on the grid.But at some point McLaren will give him a bad car and he'll have to deal with that.In fact 2009 I'd put money on BMW and Kubica to win the title next year as they've devoted most of 2008 to 2009,while McLaren were devoloping 2008 cars till the last race.Next year,with new regs,we'll see how good Hamilton is.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 05 Nov 2008, 18:26

swca92 wrote:This is ridiculous.Hamilton got into F1 with McLaren,and as a rookie was a gearbox glitch away from a title.He beat Alonso fair and square in an equal car,and yeah he acted like a prick on some occasions but Alonso was just as bad as him.And in his 2nd year he's champion.Some of his drives have been magnificent,and he's the most talented driver on the grid.But at some point McLaren will give him a bad car and he'll have to deal with that.In fact 2009 I'd put money on BMW and Kubica to win the title next year as they've devoted most of 2008 to 2009,while McLaren were devoloping 2008 cars till the last race.Next year,with new regs,we'll see how good Hamilton is.
Wouldn't be so sure on McLaren being bad next year. I believe they are building 2 types of F1 cars, 1 with short wheelbase and 1 with a long wheelbase.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 05 Nov 2008, 18:32

Fergie1 wrote:Wouldn't be so sure on McLaren being bad next year. I believe they are building 2 types of F1 cars, 1 with short wheelbase and 1 with a long wheelbase.
sounds interesting......they'll run with kers right? though i can see that this kers thing might be a main cause of reliability issues...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 05 Nov 2008, 18:42

swca92 wrote:In fact 2009 I'd put money on BMW and Kubica to win the title next year as they've devoted most of 2008 to 2009,while McLaren were devoloping 2008 cars till the last race.Next year,with new regs,we'll see how good Hamilton is.
For moment forget about Ferrari & Mclaren ... to me BMW made the biggest mistake this year by not trying 200% ..they could have won at least one title .. As Kubica said BMW is/was too rigid :tired: .Its hard for me to say this bcoz i have always loved BMW, they are the biggest loser & gainer of this season *thr is feeling of lost of golden opportunity* :s ...their is nothing like "next year is my year in f1".
megasyxx wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:Wouldn't be so sure on McLaren being bad next year. I believe they are building 2 types of F1 cars, 1 with short wheelbase and 1 with a long wheelbase.
sounds interesting......they'll run with kers right? though i can see that this kers thing might be a main cause of reliability issues...
from what i have heard is not the different wheelbase but one KERS compatible and other incompatible.

I think all tops team will start season without kers.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 05 Nov 2008, 18:43

Zack wrote:
swca92 wrote:In fact 2009 I'd put money on BMW and Kubica to win the title next year as they've devoted most of 2008 to 2009,while McLaren were devoloping 2008 cars till the last race.Next year,with new regs,we'll see how good Hamilton is.
For moment forget about Ferrari & Mclaren ... to me BMW made the biggest mistake this year by not trying 200% ..they could won at least one title .. As Kubica said BMW is/was too rigid :tired: .Its hard for me say this bcoz i have always loved BMW, they are the biggest loser & gainer of this season *thr is feeling of lost of golden opportunity* :s ...their is nothing like "next year is my year in f1".
megasyxx wrote:
from what i have heard is not the different wheelbase but one KERS compatible and other incompatible.

I think all tops team will start season without kers.
No its definately long wheelbase and shorter wheelbase. Or at least what I read.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 05 Nov 2008, 19:35

swca92 wrote:This is ridiculous.Hamilton got into F1 with McLaren,and as a rookie was a gearbox glitch away from a title.He beat Alonso fair and square in an equal car,and yeah he acted like a prick on some occasions but Alonso was just as bad as him.And in his 2nd year he's champion.Some of his drives have been magnificent,and he's the most talented driver on the grid.But at some point McLaren will give him a bad car and he'll have to deal with that.In fact 2009 I'd put money on BMW and Kubica to win the title next year as they've devoted most of 2008 to 2009,while McLaren were devoloping 2008 cars till the last race.Next year,with new regs,we'll see how good Hamilton is.
+1, big time :thumbsup:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 05 Nov 2008, 20:00

On his arriving in Woking:
The entrance sign of the McLaren Technology Centre:
I want that cap!!!! :laugh1:

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 05 Nov 2008, 21:39

how was lewis' world championship party? :)

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 05 Nov 2008, 23:55

Well, I didn´t say that a great champ HAS to start in a weaker car.
I just said that you can´t compare stats when one driver drove only the best car and nearly all the others drove good and bad/average cars. It´s like comparing apples with bananas.
Plus I absolutely hate this media hype about "the youngest of alll time", absolur bulls**.
Not only in Hamilton´s case, but in general. They went made, when Vettel scored a championship point as youngest driver in hustory back in 07, well nobody gave a damn about the fact, he was 8th in that race and the 8th spot is only a points paying position since 03. I hate these superlatives, I think we live in a society which is known as the "elbow - society", so why ALWAYS trying to pulverize anothers achievements? According to the media it´s not good enough to simply win, no you have to be the YOUNGEST winner, than you´re automatically better than the others.
Ridiculous.

And back to Hamilton: I´m not taking his credit away this season, he probably deserves it, Silverstone was great, Shanghai was as dominant as you like, Singapore was very mature. So a couple of great drives this year, my point is: Everybody hyping him now as the greatest ever, I don´t see that, certainly not at this point. To be the greatest or one of the greatest you have to win the championship with 2 teams and drive at a struggling team once during your career. At this moment Lewis is like Jacques Villeneuve early in his career, both nearly won it in their rookie season and both won it in their second year. Of course Hamilton is way better in the wet, but Jacques seemed a bit more mature than Lewis to be honest.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 06 Nov 2008, 12:28

Heidfeld: "It's certainly true that Massa made some progress. When we were teamates at Sauber, he sometimes spun 6 times in 1 race, this year he only spun 5 times in 1 race in Silverstone, so that's good progress."