2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Who will win the 2008 Formula One Drivers Championship?

Lewis Hamilton
59%
Felipe Massa
41%

Total votes: 118

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by MP4/4#12 » 04 Nov 2008, 13:32

hitman007 wrote:
MP4/4#12 wrote:
hitman007 wrote:ya man the guy was soooooooooooooooooo close to get it...... just 1 point man.....but i couldn't forget the expression on massa's father when he knew that his son didn't get the championship and when the ferrari engineer told him that lewis came in 5th and he started crying...... at that moment i couldn't feel my heart...dam it man i'm starting to cry...better luck next time Massa and in my eyes i see u the No.1 driver ...no matter what
Now here`s a pure fan :thumbsup:

Thnx man :D ....btw which team r u supporting ?
If i`d tell you i would have to kill you :D .
Seriously, and with no intention to start a controvertial topic, i used to be a Macca fan for many years, but after what happened with Alonso i gave up on them. Nothing against Hami, but the way the team treated nando was completely unfair, why to hire a double champ and then a couple of months later he was personna non grata. You see, i`ve been following the sport for many years (since the 80`s) and after so many (boring)seasons of Schumacher`s dominance, suddenly there`s this driver with unbelieveble talent that defeats him and gets 2 world titles in a row; 6 months later Lewis Hamilton is the "greatest ever" and nando is not good anymore, personnaly i dont get it. So at the moment i really dont support any team, i admire what Mclaren does, everyone has to respect Ferrari cause they earned that in their F1 history, and i like to think that Renault is a team that from time to time they come up with something that changes the sport ( turbo / V10 later) atm i support a couple of drivers, Alonso and Kubica. Cheers

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 04 Nov 2008, 14:03

MP4/4#12 wrote:i admire what Mclaren does
with Heikki !?! :n

I see you have great sympathy for nando :n and TBH ..it was evident before 2005 than Nando had Talent it wasn't something 'all of sudden'.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

hitman007
car driver
car driver

Post by hitman007 » 04 Nov 2008, 14:46

MP4/4#12 wrote:
hitman007 wrote:
MP4/4#12 wrote:
hitman007 wrote:ya man the guy was soooooooooooooooooo close to get it...... just 1 point man.....but i couldn't forget the expression on massa's father when he knew that his son didn't get the championship and when the ferrari engineer told him that lewis came in 5th and he started crying...... at that moment i couldn't feel my heart...dam it man i'm starting to cry...better luck next time Massa and in my eyes i see u the No.1 driver ...no matter what
Now here`s a pure fan :thumbsup:

Thnx man :D ....btw which team r u supporting ?
If i`d tell you i would have to kill you :D .
Seriously, and with no intention to start a controvertial topic, i used to be a Macca fan for many years, but after what happened with Alonso i gave up on them. Nothing against Hami, but the way the team treated nando was completely unfair, why to hire a double champ and then a couple of months later he was personna non grata. You see, i`ve been following the sport for many years (since the 80`s) and after so many (boring)seasons of Schumacher`s dominance, suddenly there`s this driver with unbelieveble talent that defeats him and gets 2 world titles in a row; 6 months later Lewis Hamilton is the "greatest ever" and nando is not good anymore, personnaly i dont get it. So at the moment i really dont support any team, i admire what Mclaren does, everyone has to respect Ferrari cause they earned that in their F1 history, and i like to think that Renault is a team that from time to time they come up with something that changes the sport ( turbo / V10 later) atm i support a couple of drivers, Alonso and Kubica. Cheers
lo0o0o0o00l man :laugh1: ...u want to kill me ....xD
dude what u wrote was truelly amazing and man i'll tell u something when started watching F1, i wasn't chearing for anyone ... i just like to watch the races and look at the drivers how they race each other and how they r trying to get to the podium and listening to that amazing F1 engine(sometimes i liked to watch it because of the accidents which happenes in the races like Kubica's accident in canada... i couldn't believe that the guy came out from the smashed car with just a broken uncle....and the pile up which happened in the european race which was held in germany in season 2007...that was funny)...but i do like other drivers like Kimi, Massa, Kubica,Alonso, Nick Hiedfield...and i like other drivers r trying to get to the podium more often like Vettel, Nelson Pique Jr., Nick rosbearg...etc. sooo i started watching this season and it was breathtaking for me. and when i saw that ferrari fighting against McLaren to get the championship....soo i started to support kimi at first because he was from ferrari and he had more points than lewis...and then he had engine problems and he started to lose race after race...then massa came and took over and he started to catch up to lewis and it was crunch time in brazil...and the unfortuneate thing happened to ferrari..but it's cool because hopefully ferrari will come back and take the championship.
"I know how to win and I know how to lose. " Felipe Massa

http://www.supercars.net/Pics?viewPic=y ... pID=604521

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 04 Nov 2008, 14:48

Lol, no not with Heikki, Lewis deserves the title and Mclaren continues to be a top f1 team so yeah you have to admire what R. Dennis keeps doing year after year. About Nando, ofcourse, his 1st win in Hungary was a top performance but only when he had a WC car he showed his true talent, but sure if you looked closely you could see he was could even driving the Minardi. Btw, what`s TBH ? Sorry

fclen
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by fclen » 04 Nov 2008, 15:11

MP4/4#12 wrote: If i`d tell you i would have to kill you :D .
You have summed up the reason why I hate McLaren so much perfectly. I was honestly begining to think I was the only one
that thought that Fernando got a raw deal over there. Now I see I'm not, but am just part of a very small club...

Here's hoping for a great 2009 championship with Fernando and Renault! :1st:

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 04 Nov 2008, 15:30

MP4/4#12 wrote: Btw, what`s TBH ? Sorry
TBH - To be honest
few others ...
IMHO - I my humble opinion
IIRC - If I Recall Correctly
and so on ....

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 04 Nov 2008, 16:14

Ferrari has won 8 constructors championships in the last 10 years with 90 wins, which is an average of 9 wins per season over the last 10 years... in 2002 and 2004 they won 15 races each year.

Not that bad I think. :)

They´re leading the all time list with 16 trophies. compared to Williams 9 and McLaren´s 8. That´s twice the amount McLaren have won. McLaren entered F1 in 1966 and the constructors championship had been invented in 1958.

Thats a rate of 0.186 championships per year

with Ferrari who could have won it since 1958
have a rate of 0.314 championships per year.

So it stays about twice as much as McLaren, under consideration of the different entry dates.

What do I want to say with this post? I don´t know to be honest :)
Well perhaps, that Ferrari is better than most of you people think, both teams had their era, McLaren in the 80´s and early 90´s with Prost and Senna and Ferrari with Michael. Ferrari are the statistical winners, shows also how much Michael was actually worth.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 04 Nov 2008, 16:19

fclen wrote: You have summed up the reason why I hate McLaren so much perfectly. I was honestly begining to think I was the only one
that thought that Fernando got a raw deal over there. Now I see I'm not, but am just part of a very small club...

Here's hoping for a great 2009 championship with Fernando and Renault! :1st:
I hated McLaren anyway. It's their crappy ethics - never admitting they are wrong, hyping themselves up with awful PR-Speak and being that particular type of British organization which talks about Britain in terms of Britain against the world.

The only time I didn't hate them was when I desperately wanted them to get a win in 06, cos I felt so sorry for Kimi, Pedro MDLR and to a lesser extent, fat Juan.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 04 Nov 2008, 16:27

I am getting the red one ASAP!!! Quite cheap for a shirt like that - i was expecting £40 or something

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 04 Nov 2008, 16:36

I'm not much of a fan of McLaren,but I'm even less of a Ferrari fan.McLaren have no charisma or excitement as a team,a team which always seemed to soulless.But I hate Ferrari,always have.When I started watching F1 they won everything,and got ridiculous luck at times (Spain 01,Magny-Cours 02 etc).Then there was their use of team orders which was farcical,and finally they're cheats.They always seemed to be pointing out other teams failings despite how they were just as bad if not worse than everyone else,and complaining if they didn't win.And the FIA have always favoured them,letting them off various offences (Silverstone 98,Sepang 99 etc).And Schumi's acts of road rage and traffic blockage don't help either.I dislike McLaren but simply hate Ferrari.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 04 Nov 2008, 16:49

swca92 wrote:I'm not much of a fan of McLaren,but I'm even less of a Ferrari fan. McLaren have no charisma or excitement as a team,a team which always seemed to soulless. But I hate Ferrari,always have. When I started watching F1 they won everything,and got ridiculous luck at times (Spain 01,Magny-Cours 02 etc).Then there was their use of team orders which was farcical, and finally they're cheats.They always seemed to be pointing out other teams failings despite how they were just as bad if not worse than everyone else,and complaining if they didn't win.And the FIA have always favoured them,letting them off various offences (Silverstone 98,Sepang 99 etc).And Schumi's acts of road rage and traffic blockage don't help either.I dislike McLaren but simply hate Ferrari.
Two very fair statements that almost perfectly reflect my views on these two teams. I will shed no tears if both Ferrari and McLaren find themselves fighting for the tail-end of the points next year.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 04 Nov 2008, 17:26

swca92 wrote:I'm not much of a fan of McLaren,but I'm even less of a Ferrari fan.McLaren have no charisma or excitement as a team,a team which always seemed to soulless.But I hate Ferrari,always have.When I started watching F1 they won everything,and got ridiculous luck at times (Spain 01,Magny-Cours 02 etc).Then there was their use of team orders which was farcical,and finally they're cheats.They always seemed to be pointing out other teams failings despite how they were just as bad if not worse than everyone else,and complaining if they didn't win.And the FIA have always favoured them,letting them off various offences (Silverstone 98,Sepang 99 etc).And Schumi's acts of road rage and traffic blockage don't help either.I dislike McLaren but simply hate Ferrari.
I knew Anti-Ferrari was hiding in you :p :laugh1:

Anyways, i see this things will change slowly as Ferrari is in fusion state ..you clearly notice softness created by Stefano Domenicali.

Other than this topic ..i think its very unfair to take season finale race away from Brazil :sad:

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kimi and mika » 04 Nov 2008, 18:13

Other than this topic ..i think its very unfair to take season finale race away from Brazil
Let's wait and see what the new track is like first...anyway some seasons could still be decided here.