2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Who will win the 2008 Formula One Drivers Championship?

Lewis Hamilton
59%
Felipe Massa
41%

Total votes: 118

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by JoostLamers » 03 Nov 2008, 10:09

Now I realise:
This year it was, just as many other years, that the winner of the first GP became WC of that season :D
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 03 Nov 2008, 10:34

Just seen the greatest pic of the day in The times newspaper: the top three on the podium with hamilton clebrating directly beneath but i cant find a pic of it on t'internet

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 03 Nov 2008, 11:51

Did you guys notice, how the crowd booed him, when Hamilton arrived at Parc Fermé? And Alonso´s face in the press conference, like he had lost the title himself.

It was only the McLaren boys celebrating, everybody else was not interested, they were like "Let them have their party, we´re focusing on the podium ceremony".

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 03 Nov 2008, 12:24

blizzard wrote:Did you guys notice, how the crowd booed him, when Hamilton arrived at Parc Fermé? And Alonso´s face in the press conference, like he had lost the title himself.

It was only the McLaren boys celebrating, everybody else was not interested, they were like "Let them have their party, we´re focusing on the podium ceremony".
Brazilian fans: very unsportive :tired:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

koyzinho
car driver
car driver

Post by koyzinho » 03 Nov 2008, 12:38

I am brazilian, but I'm LEWIS HAMILTON too. I am so happy. Lewis is the #1. GO GO GO HAMILTON! Bring us more satisfaction in 2009!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

F1 2008 WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!!

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 03 Nov 2008, 12:41

joostlamers wrote:
blizzard wrote:Did you guys notice, how the crowd booed him, when Hamilton arrived at Parc Fermé? And Alonso´s face in the press conference, like he had lost the title himself.

Brazilian fans: very unsportive :tired:
Honnestly, what did you expect ?

Anyway, congrats to Lewis, sadly i missed the race, but to become WC in the last corner it must have been a thriller race, not even Hollywood could write a finale like this. It seems to me that after this title Lewis can "relax" on his approach in some issues in the future and become a stronger and wiser driver. Enjoy it Macca fans

Living Legend
car driver
car driver

Post by Living Legend » 03 Nov 2008, 13:57

Gutted. Just can't believe how it ended.

We went mad and were jumping around like maniacs when Vettel past Hamilton. No way i can discribe how i felt, its almost like waking up and relizing the nightmare you just had acually is not true.

Then when Glock was slowing down .. again its like i relized i'm still stuck in the nightmare and only woke up from a nightmare during a nightmare. oh it was ugly, i've got the video but won't dare it watch it again.

Its like Man United in the nou camp 99.. 1-0 down .. injury time and all of sudden .. 2-1 up .. now imagine if Bayern got two goals in 10 seconds to make it 3-2.

Tommi
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Tommi » 03 Nov 2008, 14:00

Hamilton is luckiest F1 World Champion ever and as a driver he is at the same level with... Jacques Villeneuve.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 03 Nov 2008, 14:05

Yeah - both came into the top team with a champion team mate, then came 2nd then 1st in their 2 seasons

Living Legend
car driver
car driver

Post by Living Legend » 03 Nov 2008, 14:10

the probelm its acually raining in where i am .. it does'nt rain often here .. i see the rain and ''Glock'' with some other nasty words came to mind .. can't get it of my mind.

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 03 Nov 2008, 14:20

Tommi wrote:Hamilton is luckiest F1 World Champion ever and as a driver he is at the same level with... Jacques Villeneuve.
Go Home you troll :roll::

He won it fair and square well deserved victory you jealousy about Hamilton but you'll get use to that like anyother Hamilton haters :thumbsup: ...

4ever McLaren...

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 03 Nov 2008, 14:30

Lovin the pics McLaren F1

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Haukinen » 03 Nov 2008, 14:40

Tommi wrote:Hamilton is luckiest F1 World Champion ever and as a driver he is at the same level with... Jacques Villeneuve.
You got a point there. But Hamilton is WAAAAYY much faster than Jacques

BTW: I watched ITV:s final laps and thank god they noticed Glock ''OH MY GOODNESS ME!!!!!'' :laugh1:
Our commantetors didin't notice that overtake and they thought that Massa won the championship. But when Hamilton crossed the line in 5th, they were like: ''WHAT THE... WHERE'S GLOCK?!'' :)

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 03 Nov 2008, 15:01

Glock helpless on Hamilton pass

Timo Glock insists he did not hand the Formula One world title to Lewis Hamilton after the Briton dramatically overtook him on the last lap in Brazil.

That pass was critical, giving Hamilton the fifth-placed finish he needed to become the youngest ever world champion in the final race of the season.

But the German told BBC Radio 5 Live his decision not to change tyres as the rain began to fall ultimately cost him.

"It was a hard race," he said. "I tried my best to get some points for Toyota."

Ferrari's Felipe Massa thought he had won the world title as he crossed the line in front of his home Brazilian fans at Sunday's Grand Prix with Hamilton in sixth.

But, in a dramatic finale mere seconds later, Hamilton overtook Glock's Toyota - slowing because he was still on dry tyres despite the falling rain in the closing laps - to clinch the fifth place he needed, and with it the driver's championship by just one point.

"Six laps from the end I asked about the tyre situation and about the weather conditions, and I said every time 'I'll stay out, one more lap, one more lap' and at the end I stayed out for the whole race," explained Glock.

"That last lap just cost us the chance to be in the top five, and in the end (decided) the world championship.

"I think at the end I didn't give the title to Lewis - I think they worked for that the whole year, and Felipe as well.

"They both did a really great job all year and in the end it was a dramatic finale.

"I think it's exactly what the fans want to see - maybe the Brazilian fans are not on my side any more but I tried my best and drove my race, and in the end I can't change it."
Hamilton fans wins £125,000 on Hamilton's win

A fan who placed a £100 bet over a decade ago has won £ 125,000 after Lewis Hamilton has won the Formula 1 championship on Sunday. The unnamed punter placed the bet at Ladbrokes after seeing a 13-year-old Hamilton go-karting.

The F1 fan who wishes to remain anonymous placed a bet of £100 at 500-1 that Hamilton would win the F1 championship before his 25th birthday as well as a £50 bet at odds of 1,500-1.
he must have been sh!tting himself on the last lap
13m watch Lewis's title win on ITV1

Lewis Hamilton’s sensational last-gasp clinching of the world title in Brazil was watched by 13 million people on ITV1 on Sunday evening, ensuring the network enjoyed a record-breaking end to its coverage of Formula 1.

A peak of 13.1 million viewers saw the final-lap drama unfold live on ITV1 with Hamilton eventually crossing the line to seal the championship after claiming the fifth place he needed at the final corner.

The whole live Interlagos race show drew a huge average audience of 8.8m viewers and a 42% audience share between 4.00pm and 7.15pm.

This made it the most watched grand prix since ITV began broadcasting the sport in 1997.

ITV’s director of news and sport, Mark Sharman congratulated Hamilton on becoming F1’s youngest ever champion and praised the North One production team for its award-winning coverage of the sport over the last 12 years on ITV.

“I’m delighted for Lewis, who has reignited F1 on ITV,” he said.

“I’m delighted that we were able to bring ITV1 viewers yet another wonderfully dramatic sports event, and I’m also delighted for our production team, who have produced programmes of the highest standard for the last 12 years.

“What a climax for everyone.”

The peak of 13.1m viewers is the second highest for any sporting event this year after ITV1’s live coverage of the Champions League Final between Manchester United and Chelsea on May 21, which peaked at 14.6m during the penalties.
Last edited by phil1993 on 03 Nov 2008, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.