2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Who will win the 2008 Formula One Drivers Championship?

Lewis Hamilton
59%
Felipe Massa
41%

Total votes: 118

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by HandoZiZle » 02 Nov 2008, 20:55

So are they really serious about this medal award system for next year????

Plexter
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Plexter » 02 Nov 2008, 20:57

kimi and mika wrote:I don't think Glock slowed but it is suspisious...even if he did the FIA can only punish him, not Lewis. On points this championship was rubbish...98 points, 110 last year. Massa deserved to win the race and I feel the Championship but he didn't, he took it well but I feel that next year will be tougher. He will have Kimi back in form, he will have the BMW's, Alonso, maybe Honda and then he will be against Lewis again, but I don't think 2 in a row is possible.
Suspicions at the Glock? This is absurd. I watching one of the broadcasts, and after the finish I saw clearly that the finish straight at last lap was quite wet. I think that Glock moving slowly, because of their tires. Tires was for dry conditions, you don't remember?
Fernando Alonso - Two Times World Champion. Best driver on the grid.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 02 Nov 2008, 21:03

I'm sick and tired of this.Please can you stop making stupid conspiracy theories that make no sense.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 02 Nov 2008, 21:05

No offense, but I don't think Hamilton fans have so much to say about conspiracy theories when thinking back to Spa for instance. So let's keep the hypocrisy out and let everyone to discuss as long as it doesn't go personal. Thanks.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 02 Nov 2008, 21:07

But I'm not a Hamilton fan mate.I understand people have different point of views,but when a point of view is so obviously wrong I should say something about it.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 02 Nov 2008, 21:11

Martin Whitmarsh says they were watching Glock on GPS and fairly confident they would catch him. They told Hamilton not to worry about Vettel.

Plexter
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Plexter » 02 Nov 2008, 21:13

AzShadow wrote:No offense, but I don't think Hamilton fans have so much to say about conspiracy theories when thinking back to Spa for instance. So let's keep the hypocrisy out and let everyone to discuss as long as it doesn't go personal. Thanks.
We all know the winner. But why something must to defend Massa? Won the best, or not? I think, yes.

Plexter
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Plexter » 02 Nov 2008, 21:16

iceman1 wrote:Martin Whitmarsh says they were watching Glock on GPS and fairly confident they would catch him. They told Hamilton not to worry about Vettel.

Indeed, interesting story. Lewis says something else: "Then he (Vettel) got past me and I was told that I had to get in front of him, and I couldn't believe it. Then at the last corner I managed to get past Glock and I'm telling you it was just amazing. I can only thank God."

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 02 Nov 2008, 21:17

Plexter wrote:
AzShadow wrote:No offense, but I don't think Hamilton fans have so much to say about conspiracy theories when thinking back to Spa for instance. So let's keep the hypocrisy out and let everyone to discuss as long as it doesn't go personal. Thanks.
We all know the winner. But why something must to defend Massa? Won the best, or not? I think, yes.
and why you do think any1 is defending Massa ? for what ?
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 02 Nov 2008, 21:18

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71949
Glock said car was very hard to drive

By Pablo Elizalde Sunday, November 2nd 2008, 20:16 GMT

Timo Glock during the Brazilian GPTimo Glock said he could do nothing to stop Lewis Hamilton from overtaking him on the final lap of the Brazilian Grand Prix, the German struggling with dry weather tyres.

The Toyota driver decided not to pit when the rain hit Interlagos with just a few laps of the race left, and the decision meant Hamilton found himself in sixth place at the start of the final lap, having been passed by Toro Rosso's Sebastian Vettel.

The Briton needed fifth to secure the crown, and he dully got it when he passed Glock on the final corner.

The German said his car was very hard to drive.

"I was on dry tyres at the end of the race when it was raining quite badly and it was just impossible on the last lap," said Glock. "I was fighting as hard as I could but it was so difficult to just keep the car on the track and I lost positions right at the end of the lap.

"Finishing in the top six is a decent result for me because I'd been struggling with the car earlier in the weekend but we were very close to fourth place so I am a bit disappointed.

"It's the end of my first season with Toyota and I'm happy with it as a whole. It was not easy for me early on but we improved the car a lot and I also improved myself during the year.

"Since Hockenheim it's been positive for me; beating my target of 20 points and finishing on the podium as well is a good achievement. Now we have to work even harder for next year to make another step forward."

Teammate Jarno Trulli finished in eighth position after he was stuck behind Giancarlo Fisichella for several laps after his first pitstop.

"It was an eventful race," said Trulli. "We had a good start and the first laps were pretty good, when I was following Felipe Massa. It started to dry up and we went for dry tyres.

"Unfortunately I got stuck behind Fisichella who was much slower than me. I didn't have the top speed to overtake him so I lost a lot of time over those laps. As soon as I got away from him I was one of the quickest on the track, I was recovering quite a lot and closing the gap to the guys in front but it was not enough.

"When it rained we took the choice to stay on dry tyres and we got a point. Having started second we missed an opportunity but overall we have done a good championship and I am pretty happy with that. Now we are aiming to make even bigger progress for next year."

hitman007
car driver
car driver

Post by hitman007 » 02 Nov 2008, 21:22

I loved the race because it was full of drama, especially the last 3 laps( i slept in the middle of the race for a while but i woke up in the 10th lap and saw the unfortunate ending...='''( ) ....at least ferrari won the Constructor award...tough luck to massa and hopefully man he will get it in the next season
"I know how to win and I know how to lose. " Felipe Massa

http://www.supercars.net/Pics?viewPic=y ... pID=604521

Plexter
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Plexter » 02 Nov 2008, 21:26

Zack wrote:
Plexter wrote:
It's simple my friend. They support Massa and defend him.

For Iceman:

Autosport, http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71945. Lewis admitted he did not know if he had won the title. Why the story about GPS is so funny.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 02 Nov 2008, 21:36

Now I can't wait for Hamilton WC merchandise :p
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 02 Nov 2008, 21:37

Plexter wrote:
Zack wrote:
Plexter wrote:
It's simple my friend. They support Massa and defend him.

For Iceman:

Autosport, http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71945. Lewis admitted he did not know if he had won the title. Why the story about GPS is so funny.
Defense for no offense :p Even i m Massa supporter!

I think its natural if you had ur Favorite in Massa's position probably you would have done same ..its not necessary for creating reason that Massa lost title or Hamilton won it :O

OT to decided that certain POV is correct/wrong when we all just know s*** of F1 is pure unjustified! :laugh1:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 02 Nov 2008, 21:41

A few quotes:
Martin Whitmarsh: We knew we'd catch Glock
http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=44507
I think Damon is a little be 2 enthousiastic here :p
http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=44515
And Dennis hails his 'special' protege
http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=44506
Last edited by JoostLamers on 02 Nov 2008, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at