2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Who will win the 2008 Formula One Drivers Championship?

Lewis Hamilton
59%
Felipe Massa
41%

Total votes: 118

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by sejtur » 02 Nov 2008, 20:03

Congratulations to Hamilton, he won it fair and square. Sorry for Felipe and his family! Maybe next year but I hope it'll be Kimi next year...

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 02 Nov 2008, 20:03

Lightning983 wrote:Dammit... now we're gonna have to put up with all the Hamilton fanatics for another year... and the worst thing is there'll be a LOT of sudden new Hamilton fans here i'm guessing :D

Most of them won't be older that 16, which is probably the direction in which F1 is heading in the near future :D lol

A shame really.
We have put up FA fanatics, Ferrari fanatics, Anti-Mclaren fanatics for 9 years ... So time to re-think your strategy !! :shhh:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 02 Nov 2008, 20:03

Wow, Top Gear looks good. Any1 else watching? sorry for being off topic but I'm sick of Glock-gate after 1 hour

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 02 Nov 2008, 20:03

PLEASE ALL HAMILTON FANS AND FERRARI FANS ( and the others ). It's the end of F1 racing for Coulthard!! :sad:

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 02 Nov 2008, 20:04

Lightning983 wrote:
Sanredrose wrote: If you read it only in British Media, then FIA wouldn't have started a campaign to avoid such incidents.

Spaniards had a reason to dislike him, fine .. np with that ... But expecting their man to get a No 1 driver status ?? I think that's not fair .. It was Alonso who quit Mclaren & who has been ranting about his old team till now.

Check your language - I didn't go around yelling anyone is a ' racist b******* '. So first read the post properly and then reply. When i don't use any bad words to describe anything, why do you want to portray that into the message ???

Things will start going in Ferrari's way only when they stop running to FIA and try to take the fight on the track !
Well because they HAVE to distance themselves... and anyways its only in Spain so i'll put it down to "overexcitement" and saying things in the heat of the moment.

And sorry about the comment, that was the only thing that came to my mind. And well... it didn't sound so bad to me when i wrote it :)
We might be hitting it off on the heat .. But if someone else is reading the post other than us, they might find it offensive ..

Heated discussions with valid arguments are fine with me .. as long as we don't cross the line ..

theo
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by theo » 02 Nov 2008, 20:04

What a race, i just can't beleive how it ended, all i hope is that the FIA review and study well what happened with Timo Glock, and decide whats right, and i hope Lewis Hamilton gets penalised!! :'(
GO KIMIIII....

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 02 Nov 2008, 20:05

Mitsuro Sano wrote:PLEASE ALL HAMILTON FANS AND FERRARI FANS ( and the others ). It's the end of F1 racing for Coulthard!! :sad:
Boo hoo. Maybe we won't see as many accidents next year.

Time for the old dog to hang up his gloves.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 02 Nov 2008, 20:05

Lightning983 wrote:Dammit... now we're gonna have to put up with all the Hamilton fanatics for another year
this what makes F1 more interesting :O - we have good Hamilton fans over here Sanredrose, philipo...they respect your opinion

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 02 Nov 2008, 20:05

Mitsuro Sano wrote:PLEASE ALL HAMILTON FANS AND FERRARI FANS ( and the others ). It's the end of F1 racing for Coulthard!! :sad:
What goes around comes around :p .. of course this is MS supporter :laugh1:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

spanno
car driver
car driver

Post by spanno » 02 Nov 2008, 20:06

theo wrote:What a race, i just can't beleive how it ended, all i hope is that the FIA review and study well what happened with Timo Glock, and decide whats right, and i hope Lewis Hamilton gets penalised!! :'(
what for overtaking?

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 02 Nov 2008, 20:06

Sad to see DC go out in the first lap. All the new livery and chances to see him in solid points finish vanished when the Williams duo decided to give DC an on-track FAREWELL PARTY !!

F1~Michi
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by F1~Michi » 02 Nov 2008, 20:07

The translation of the Premiere commentary by Jaques Schulz:

Massa seems to be safe now, he wins the race... He did his part to win the title, but further back the decision will be made in the final sector. Hamilton's still behind Vettel, now there he goes to attack the Toro Rosso driver, but Vettel manages to defend P5... Vettel has no reason at all to let Hamilton through, of course, now they come to the final corner... Vettel's got the momentum, look, Vettel gets past Glock, also Hamilton goes through to pass Glock. Glock doesn't even defend his position, but OHHHHHH, GLOCK WAS FOURTH AND SO HAMILTON IS FIFTH AGAIN, HAMILTON SEEMS TO HAVE PASSES GLOCK ON THE FINAL METERS, AND CHANGES THE ORDER COMPLETELY AGAIN!!! THIS COULD BE ENOUGH, WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE CHEQUERED FLAG, IT'S NOT CERTAIN YET... BUT YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS, HAMILTON'S DONE IT, HE HAS DONE IT, HE'S THE CHAMPION!!!

----
Amazing, a very emotional moment.
F1M's Motorsport Season 2010

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 02 Nov 2008, 20:08

AzShadow wrote:
Lightning983 wrote: If only Ferrari were smart enough to snatch Vettel, i'd be a happy man right now.
I was thinking that maybe they'd give him a race seat if he kept his position to the end of the race, but because of Glock it wasn't enough. :p
What I know for sure, if Vettel arrives to Ferrari, It's going to be Massa the one fired... I've been hearing many Ferrari's fans talking bad about Massa since he arrived to Ferrari that I don't understand now the disappointment. Most of them never liked Massa... He was always the second on the team...
Same thing happened with Irvine and Schumacher. When Schumacher had that accident in Silverstone, Irvine almost won the championship... but no many were wishing that... they wanted Schumacher as Champion, just as today they prefer Kimi as Champion...

I understand It was a very dramatic race... and most of us are still to excited about those last laps...

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 02 Nov 2008, 20:09

Sanredrose wrote:
Sad to see DC go out in the first lap. All the new livery and chances to see him in solid points finish vanished when the Williams duo decided to give DC an on-track FAREWELL PARTY !!
Solid points finish? Solid thwack to the wall more like. Face it, DC was never going to do anything. "Williams Duo"?? What as if Nakajima was at fault for that? He wasn't at all at fault.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Tommi
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Tommi » 02 Nov 2008, 20:09

Last lap:
Kubica: 1.26,7
Glock: 1.44,7

And both of them had dry tyres on the last lap...