2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Who will win the 2008 Formula One Drivers Championship?

Lewis Hamilton
59%
Felipe Massa
41%

Total votes: 118

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix - Title Decider

Post by swca92 » 28 Oct 2008, 09:39

I don't understand why in situations like this they say the other is feeling the pressure.They're both under massive pressure,so they should just accept that and prepare themselves accordingly.On another topic,how important could Alonso be? He truly hates Hamilton and would love to spin him round at turn 1 and see Hamilton have to fight from the back again.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 28 Oct 2008, 13:06

i guess it may be their way to release some of the pressure....(about 5 p.s.i. - approx.) :laugh1:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Oct 2008, 15:25

swca92 wrote:I don't understand why in situations like this they say the other is feeling the pressure.They're both under massive pressure,so they should just accept that and prepare themselves accordingly.On another topic,how important could Alonso be? He truly hates Hamilton and would love to spin him round at turn 1 and see Hamilton have to fight from the back again.
In the race it will be clear who can handle the pressure and who can't. They can talk what they want, but it will be made clear in the race. Not earlier, that's my view.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

andrebires
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by andrebires » 28 Oct 2008, 17:28

Lewis made a surprise-arrive in Brazil today:

(Portuguese) http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/ ... EM+SP.html

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Haukinen » 28 Oct 2008, 18:02

According to Formula.com, it's 2 D, 17 H, 57 Min and 30 sec to go...

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 28 Oct 2008, 18:39

joostlamers wrote: I have one more thing for Hamilton:
you DON'T have to win this GP, to become the next World Champion!!! Take podium, or settle for 4th/5th. DON'T take any risks!!

:cool:
Exactly
No risks Lewis! :pray:

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 28 Oct 2008, 21:17

Haukinen wrote:According to Formula.com, it's 2 D, 17 H, 57 Min and 30 sec to go...
until first practice.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 28 Oct 2008, 21:55

Fergie1 wrote:
Haukinen wrote:According to Formula.com, it's 2 D, 17 H, 57 Min and 30 sec to go...
until first practice.
Can't see that one, I got my first driving lesson that day, that time... Hope I don't hit a tree :roll:: ... :p

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 29 Oct 2008, 00:07

A driving lesson Friday afternoon just before rush-hour? You won't hit a tree mate,honestly...Just don't do a Deletraz and weave all over the track or do an Inoue and get get run over.And remember the old Dr Pepper ads,what's the worst that could happen?

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 29 Oct 2008, 09:05

This track does suits the Ferrari, I predict a Ferrari 1-2 in the race and Hamilton would be very happy to finish in 3rd.
I prefer Hamilton to Massa to win the title, he is really well deserved, although he made some errors in this season :)

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Oct 2008, 09:45

It will rain on raceday: 75% chance of rain, Qualification will, most likely, be dry (35%), and the friday practice sessions have wet periods as well (55%), so we get a eventfull title decider...
1. Hamilton 2. Vettel 3. Barrichello?

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 29 Oct 2008, 09:54

If its wet I'd put money on Rubens to win his home race.Dunno why but for a few weeks now I've been making maverick predictions,and Rubens winning at home would be fantastic.And with Brawn calling the strategy,and Rubens being good in the wet,he could do what he did at Silverstone.I want either Rubens or Heidfeld to win the race,with Lewis winning the championship,cos he's a better driver than Massa and Massa is just as arrogant as him.

gokul009
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by gokul009 » 29 Oct 2008, 10:15

raikkonen4ever wrote:This track does suits the Ferrari, I predict a Ferrari 1-2 in the race and Hamilton would be very happy to finish in 3rd.
I prefer Hamilton to Massa to win the title, he is really well deserved, although he made some errors in this season :)
Your prediction is right, Massa will win ahead of Raikkonen and Hamilton.

Anyway, Kubica deserves to be the champin, he just did not have the car (he's ahead of Raikkonen in the standings although he has got no fastest laps to Raikkonen's 10!!)

kimirai
kart driver
kart driver

Post by kimirai » 29 Oct 2008, 10:23

raikkonen4ever wrote:This track does suits the Ferrari, I predict a Ferrari 1-2 in the race and Hamilton would be very happy to finish in 3rd.
Yes you may be right, but a lot of people said the same for China, where Hamilton completly dominated. And Massa was far away from Hamilton's pace. So, I don't think Ferrari will have so much advantage that everyone expect if there will be any.

Don't forget Heikki. I've got strong feeling than he'll own. Let's just wait and see.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 29 Oct 2008, 10:28

Translated by AFCA Q&A with Domenicali: ...MUST READ IMO :O
Spoiler:
Q: Todt described himself as being obsessed by the will to win and the fear to lose. What about you ?
Domenicali: ''Thank god I don't live by obsessions. I'm not subject to depressions or exaltation's. I don't like excesses and I consider (having an) obsession as one. I see myself as a pragmatic.''

Q: But you must also be a fan of Ferrari.
Domenicali: ''That's not entirely accurate. I've never had professional or sportive myths. I do admire sportsman that obtain impressive results and leave behind a profound mark with their personality.''

Q: You're from Imola, you come from the heart of Ferrari's countryside, it's symbolised as the nerve territory in which the Ferrari brand has grown. All wrong ?
Domenicali: ''Mytholgy. I feel like a person that has been able to turn his passion for motorsports into a professional activity at a high level. If anything, I find the trajectory that I've gone through within the company remarkable. Once being part of Ferrari it was the tradition, probably a necessity, seeing yourself bypassed in the organisation chart by someone that came from outside. The fact that I'm (still) here has consolidated the motivation of people that are putting their energy and professionalism into the company. I live it, I notice it.''

Q: Was it this that you wanted to do being a grown-up ?
Domenicali: ''I wanted to fly airplanes. It's still my passion. And my favourite sport is basketball because I played it. I've graduated in business and commerce because I came from a secondary school that focused on sciences, but I didn't have a engineering kind of approach to things. My father now is the chairman of the Bank of Imola and manages local important companies. As a job I imagined doing something in sports management, but Ferrari didn't even cross my mind (as a realistic opportunity - AFCA). I've sent my CV to lot of companies. Ferrari replied. Two interviews and I was here, looking into fiscal matters.''

Q: And was it fun ?
Domenicali: ''Absolutely not. Fortunately I had gotten my license to be a race director and Mugello was there to carry forward. Four days a week I spent time at the company and during the weekends I was at the trackside with the DTM and bike races. And in 1993 I became the youngest director of a race of MotoGP. From there on Ferrari transferred me to the race department.''

Q: You've had a lot of good men around you.
Domenicali: ''I respect people. I repeat: I don't live by absolutism. Not even work is that. It's tough not being with the family for enough time, with my two children. On the other hand in this phase I cannot not be thinking about work from morning till nighttime.''

Q: Since you lead the Gestione Sportiva, has it ever happened you were thinking: I would have never said or done this to Todt ?
Domenicali: ''I always take for granted that I deal with intelligent people. If I would realise it's not like that I would behave accordingly. But I'm not Todt, I'm not at his age and certainly don't have his character.''

Q: Let's talk about the ongoings at the trackside and the championship: do you not have the impression that Ferrari fan are not as enthusiastic as they used to be ?
Domenicali: ''No, but let's discuss that at various levels. Firstly, in Formula 1 the idea that the fans deserve more is gaining ground, that it's right to be closer to people that spend a lot of money but often only see little. Secondly, the activities of our fan clubs are as intense as always and so is the contact with the company. Thirdly, the model racing driver for ferraristi was Gilles Villeneuve, who, beyond results, conveyed passion. From that point of view Michael Schumacher, the biggest one I have ever known - which I think he will remain for a long time - has grown over time, he became more Italian. Probably some of our fans would need to see more of the passion from our current drivers.''

Q: Some want to have Alonso.
Domenicali: ''I cannot but defend our drivers. Since he's been with us for three years, Massa has improved to an exceptional extent, as no one expected him to do. Raikkonen is extraordinarily talented and has gone through a very difficult period. I talked about it a few days ago with Rossi: look at how many said Vale's reign would be over and now have to change ideas. The same goes for Kimi. We're convinced of his abilities, he's a loyal and direct driver. I'm sure that in 2009, most of all he himself is willing to demonstrate who he is. This year for a number of reasons things haven't gone the way they should have.''

Q: Which reasons ?
Domenicali: ''We think we've singled them out. They're of a various nature. Now I only say that our drivers end up in front if we're able to give them a reliable and fast car.''

Q: So you will keep them in the future.
Domenicali: ''They have a contract till the end of 2010 and Ferrari has always respected contracts. The moment of evaluation will come.''

Q: In short: amongst Massa, Raikkonen and Alonso, why did you eliminate the third one ?
Domenicali: ''Together we've taken into consideration all the factors: age, current contracts, technical value, relationships, balance in the team. And during the hard moments you have to show to your own drivers you have faith in them.''

Q: The mecchanics feel they're having a hard time too. They say they make mistakes they've never made before.
Domenicali: ''None of the big teams have looked flawless this year. Unfortunately our mistakes have cost us very dearly.''

Q: It was better to keep Nigel Stepney is the witticism that goes around...
Domenicali: ''It's a witticism that hurts those that are loyal, those that make mistakes trying to help the team. Stepney was very good at his job, but the thought that in order to win passing through any thing is legal is beyond me.''

Q: Despite all the difficulties Massa is still in the race for the title. What have you done to this guy to make him the way he is now ?
Domenicali: ''He's always, as I say it, in record mode. He registers.''

Q: He listens, observes, assimilates...
Domenicali: ''From the technicians, the computers, his collegues. He's curious, never lazy. He doesn't rely on his talent. He wants to become the fastest on earth. And he's there learning.''

Q: Has it ever crossed your minds to take on Hamilton ?
Domenicali: ''He's very good, but he will become a great driver at McLaren. That's his home.''

Q: What about the likes of Kubica and Vettel ?
Domenicali: ''Well, for them it's different. In any case the future champion will come from these drivers.''

Q: What should a Ferrari driver be like ?
Domenicali: ''He should be very good, being able to win the title. He shouldn't be acting like a celebrity though. What we need are people to which the team is more important than anything.''

Q: Was Schumacher like that ?
Domenicali: ''He was special. The best one. The only one that explained the technicians where and how to change the car. The steering wheel wasn't enough for him: all those buttons that are added on there to optimise each aspect: the braking, the driveability in corners etc, are his work. In 1999 at Silverstone he risked his life and he has never said a word about it to the team, not even in private.''

Q: Let's change subject again. What is the cost containment about: is it a necessity, is it fashion, an excuse ?
Domenicali: ''A necessity, something that needs to be tackled but not with decisions that are taken in two minutes time or with sensational changes in strategy, which has unfortunately happened lately. We're moving in the right way. The balance has become precarious because the interests of the manufacturers are in contrast with those of the small teams, and Formula 1 can no longer do without any from either sort, not even one of them. The FOTA is working on this. But we must ensure not to turn Formula 1 into a sort of GP2, otherwise the big manufacturers might find it useless being involved.''

Q: Does that also apply to Ferrari ?
Domenicali: ''Ferrari is a constructor, perhaps not a big one, but one that has always made Formula 1 its flagship. So we're working in order there not to be any break(away). We play a central role acknowledged by all the teams because Ferrari is a big part of Formula 1's history.''

Q: How much hope do you have of turning around the situation in Brasil ?
Domenicali : By nature I'm an optimist but also a realist. Let's start by saying that there is a very good chance of winning the constructors title, which is very, very important for us. And then we have the duty of helping Massa till the end. We'll give our utmost knowing that we can do it only when something strange happens. And this year a lot of strange things have happened. It's worth hoping for.''

Q: Has the the technical handicap of the spy story been reset to zero ?
Domenicali: ''Let's look forward otherwise we hurt ourselves. It's been incident that was hard to digest. Once 2008 had begun McLaren's car was accepted for what it was.''

Q: They've also had the advantage of having the ECU being supplied by their associate company.
Domenicali: ''That's a mistake from the FIA. Due to the lack of understanding we've suffered from it, for instance in Australia. McLaren has had an advantage. Now we're on par in that area, but it has taken us a year and a lot of investments.'' (Renault also have recorded more than single DNF with reason associated with ECU)

Q: Will it also be a problem in 2009 ?
Domenicali: ''I don't think so. There are already enough other problems. Completely different cars, KERS, engines that need to withstand three instead of two races. Our timeschedule is tight: fortunately the championship will start a little later than normal. The priority we have set ourselves is to improve the reliability. But everything will depend on what we have with the basic design, that's the key question.''

Q: To what degree do you see the eternal battle between Ferrari and McLaren as a mainstay for Formula 1 ?
Domenicali: ''Well, there's always a team that interferes and then classic battles exist in every sport. It's important that Ferrari has always been fighting (for the title) for years. Crossing the line first isn't such a trivial thing, especially when you consider the enormous sums of money that are spend.''

Q: What would winning the drivers' title mean ?
Domenicali: ''It's a dream. One you awake from keeping your eyes open (seeing and realising it's reality - AFCA).''

Q: And losing ?
Domenicali: ''Comming short in the fulfilment of a profesional aim. To be tackled with coldness and rationality in order to keep the group motivated and restart improving in the morning of November the third.''

Q: The most beautiful race in your life ?
Domenicali: ''I will answer that one after the Brasilian GP.''
Gp of Brazil - Aldo Costa preview
[youtube]http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=dh7yBR46098[/youtube]
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO