Alonso to Ferrari in 2011? (see P.16)

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Alonso to Ferrari or Honda or BMW ???

Post by Sanredrose » 23 Sep 2008, 19:48

Alonso has confirmed his stay at Renault for 2009 !!

anishdudecool
kart driver
kart driver

Post by anishdudecool » 28 Sep 2008, 15:07

He will do well at Red Bull

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 10 Oct 2008, 20:12

I will be very surprised if Alonso won't stay at Renault. The team knows him very well, showed some improvement for last two races and of course Alonso knows that Renault, unlike Toro Rosso or Honda, can make it again like back in 05 and 06 while BMW and Ferrari are no longer an option for him, at least until 2010. Rules for homologated parts and normalized horse power may also be a boost for Renault in 2009. Yet, Alonso must consider ING Bank's situation during this economical crisis, which is not a good sign for a team sponsored by a bank.

Btw, here is another "rumour" that Alonso has also made his choice but will anounce his decision in Brazil.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

cheng.damien
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by cheng.damien » 12 Oct 2008, 10:45

Logically speaking, with the 1 second/lap that Renault have found over the course of the season, and the fact that they have won World Championships and know what it takes to win - please stay Fernando and bring the Drivers Championship back to Renault for 2009.

hinchavcf
car driver
car driver

Post by hinchavcf » 12 Oct 2008, 10:54

sanredrose wrote:Alonso has confirmed his stay at Renault for 2009 !!
Where?
Maybe an insinuation, but at the moment he didn't say NOTHING about that.

Anyway, we all think that he will stay at Renault. We have to wait for the confirmation.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 18 Oct 2008, 16:03

[u][url=http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/081018165458.shtml]http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/081018165458.shtml[/url][/u] wrote: Alonso still eyeing future Ferrari seat

Fernando Alonso has admitted he still harbours a dream to race for Ferrari one day.

The Spaniard was linked with the Italian marque this year, but it is now clear that - while weighing up a big-money offer from Honda - he is likely to stay at Renault for the 2009 season.

But he told Italy's Corriere dello Sport newspaper: "I admit that one day I would very much like to be with Ferrari."

"It's the best team in the history of Formula One, and it is clear that those who go with them, are part of history," the former champion said.

The 27-year-old is believed to have been courted by BMW Sauber for 2009, but Alonso denies that the deal fell through because he would not have fit in at the team.

"I have raced karts since I was three years old. In the last 24 years I have been fine with all of my teams, except for one," Alonso said with reference to his disastrous spell at McLaren last season.

"It was the same team that had problems with Senna, Prost, Raikkonen and Montoya. Perhaps the problem is with the team rather than with the driver," he told Germany's Stuttgarter Zeitung.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 18 Oct 2008, 18:09

He should have stayed at renault for long time. They were reliable and winning championships.

20simao
car driver
car driver

Post by 20simao » 07 Nov 2008, 21:01

Ferrari should kick themselves for losing the 2008 drivers title.. after all, all those errors along the year were costly, and of course if they had the best driver in this formula 1, the one that ended the german's carrer, and the one who can lead a team like no one, the one who was the only second driver in history (in a team order) to equal his team mate total of points at the end of a year, the one who has shown so many times he not only has the talent, but also he can cope with the pressure.. yeah, u know what.. ferrari right now would have both titles.

And of course.. this is not off-topic because you know what, in 2009 or 2010, who knows something similar happens...