Istanbul GP

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Istanbul GP

Post by scermat » 16 Oct 2008, 21:37

you can visit pitlane on thursdays in Barcelona (Catalunya) and Hungaroring. used to be US GP as well but thanks to Mr.Bernie that's gone.

otherwise you'll have to buy a Paddock Club ticket. which (the way i see it) is mostly for people who have a lot of money to waste and arent really intrested in the racing but corporate c**p.

A General Admission ticket means you get entry to the circuit but you are not allowed to sit on the stands. in some circuits areas where you can stay is limited to (ex Silverstone you can stay wherever you want as long as its not grandstand, but Barcelona you can only stay at 1/4th of the circuit whereas hungaroring you can stay at around 1/2 circuit). the view from General Admission is usually compromised by fencing and stuff.

Unfortunately Turkish GP moved backwards and i will mroe than probably have exams when its being held. so i'll have to make do with some Turkish Kebabs at home ::oops:;

eleanor
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by eleanor » 17 Oct 2008, 11:09

thx a lot scermat, this is exacly what I was thinking of...
so I guess my net gp live will be hungarorig:)
'Life is about passions. Thank you for sharing mine.'

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 17 Oct 2008, 15:27

been there this year (with maltafan and a few others), and its well worth it definitely recommend it. we were sitting at Silver 3 and it was quite a nice view. also spend a bit more and use the hungaroring taxi service. on thursday mostly because otherwise you have about 1hr 30m of walking up steep hills to reach the entrance and on other days because you arrive at the main gate. and if you go early like we did, you'll get to see the whole F1 clan arrive at the circuit like so

imo thursday makes the ticket worth it all alone!

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 17 Oct 2008, 17:11

I agree with scermat on this. It's a bonus, a very precious one to be able to go into the pits. Also, taking pics with the pole position place and the start finish line. Opportunities that are missing in other circuits where one cannot visit the pits.

jagevall
car driver
car driver

Istanbul GP 2009

Post by jagevall » 06 Feb 2009, 23:27

Hey!

Just booked my plates for the Istanbul GP in June! I've never been to a F1 grand prix but heard its a amazing experiance! We bought our tickets to Grand 1, T1 first corner. Are those good seats ? I've been told that you can view the pitlane from there, is that posseble or are the fencing in the way ?

And on the friday practice can you walk around into the pits and stuff before and after they finnish testing ? and walk onto track after race ?and during practice are there any seat reservations ? or can i walk around the track and view from what ever seat i want ?

Happy for some answers, thanx guys!

And I hope there will be an Brazillian named Massa on top of the podium!

//Peter
Ronnie Peterson, a super swede without fear! One of the sports most skilled driver.

jagevall
car driver
car driver

Re: Istanbul GP 2009

Post by jagevall » 07 Feb 2009, 12:51

Thanx, i read that already and just thought that the GPs may change from year to year as they do in MotoGP. Some years I have been around the pits and had a chance to meet the drivers and stuff but this is my first F1 trip so im just courius...
Ronnie Peterson, a super swede without fear! One of the sports most skilled driver.

ALXBWSCREW
car driver
car driver

Hotels near Istanbul Park

Post by ALXBWSCREW » 30 Mar 2009, 17:52

Hy guys, i'm going to the Turking GP this year and i don't know what hotel to book. I would rather it be near the circuit as i will be spending most of my time there and i need your help. Where have you stayed when you wen to the Turkish GP? And how was it? General help needed 'cuz i'm baffled. And don't forget: the hotel must be near the track and not too expensive.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Hotels near Istanbul Park

Post by shailf1 » 30 Mar 2009, 18:16

ALXBWSCREW wrote:Hy guys, i'm going to the Turking GP this year and i don't know what hotel to book. I would rather it be near the circuit as i will be spending most of my time there and i need your help. Where have you stayed when you wen to the Turkish GP? And how was it? General help needed 'cuz i'm baffled. And don't forget: the hotel must be near the track and not too expensive.
ali is the man you seek!!

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 30 Mar 2009, 18:51

ALXBWSCREW wrote:Hy guys, i'm going to the Turking GP this year and i don't know what hotel to book. I would rather it be near the circuit as i will be spending most of my time there and i need your help. Where have you stayed when you wen to the Turkish GP? And how was it? General help needed 'cuz i'm baffled. And don't forget: the hotel must be near the track and not too expensive.
Hi ALXBWSCREW,

I hope you'll enjoy both city and the race. I have to tell you that track is faar faaar away from the center of the city. For that, any hotel you could find in the proximity of the track is automatically expensive. I strongly suggest you to stay on the city center (which is called Taxim square), where you can find both decent and inexpensive youth hostels (this hostel in the link is in Taxim and very nice). I don't know your age but I'm sure you can feel comfortable whatever your age is. And you can go to track with free-ring buses to be departed from the city center to the track. Journey to track lasts 1,5 hour and if you go early in the morning, you'll never have any traffic problem but enjoy the Bosphorus scene (that you can see in my avatar).

If you insist to stay within the track region, then I'll do my best to find a hotel for ya. To be honest, I don't know if any for the time being. If you'd like to contact me, I can send my cell phone number. And when you arrive here, I can help you :thumbsup:

Here you can find my suggestions I wrote before. If you'd like to ask anything, feel free mate.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

ALXBWSCREW
car driver
car driver

Post by ALXBWSCREW » 31 Mar 2009, 08:57

Well thanks very much for your info I really apreciate it. I'll post again toight as i'm quite busy right now, just dropped by to say thanks.

ALXBWSCREW
car driver
car driver

Post by ALXBWSCREW » 31 Mar 2009, 16:42

Well I took a glimpse at that chillout hostel you pointed me at but it's a bit cramped and as i will be travelling with 5 other people this could be a problem. A normal hotel would do the job, don't think i'm looking for something expensive or stuff like that. I would like to ask you a couple of other things tough: could you resume the race weekend (i understood that you went to the turkish gp at general admission). I'm interested in the practical stuff. For example : at the end of the race, people went on the track to the podium or just remained at theyr seats? what can you bring with you? at what hour do you have to be there...stuff like that. Thanks a lot for your help mate. It's really good to have such nice people around :D.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 04 Apr 2009, 07:23

OK mate, I'll try to seach whether I can find a hotel around there.

During race day, as I said before, try to go there early in order not to stuck into traffic as Istanbul is "in"famous for its junction. When you get there, you'll see green Mercedes ring buses which will drive around the circuit quite frequently. So you can use them. In May, Istanbul won't be that hot as in August so you don't need to be frightened about the temperature. Though, it'll be usefull to take a cap as grandstands other than the main have no shed protector on top of them.

Here in Istanbul Park, we have fences on grandstands and general admission area. So if you'll stay admission area, try to go early and reserv some decent places, which you'll definitely find if you go early. Or you'll stuck into fence area. In the admission area looking at Turn 1 and Turn 2, there you'll find a small prefabricated WC-like building, you can step up that building for a eye-bird look :) That's really nice don't forget! In grandstands, try to sit on top of the seats to avoid fences.

When the race finished, all people got into the track and watched the ceremony. So don't worry, you can walk on the track. If you don't want to spend a fortune for a bottle of water, I'll strongly recommend you not to get thirsty so much :p OK OK, you may get thirsty but don't drink too much :p

Anyway, that's all now I can tell you. I'll be here.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

ALXBWSCREW
car driver
car driver

Post by ALXBWSCREW » 06 Apr 2009, 17:37

I found a hotel mate. Thanks for all your practical advices. Where are you going to stay at the circuit? Maybe we'll meet there. I'm staying at BRONZE T5 stand. :D By the way: how old are you? You meant temperatures in June not May did you? the race i know is from 5-7 june.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 06 Apr 2009, 18:39

Yay! I'm happy for you.

I think I will be in general admission area looking at Turn 8. I heard that area is better than the grandstands looking at the same turn :) But still, if you need my help during your visit in İstanbul or circuit, you can call me.

I'm 28 and that's my bad. I thought the race will be in May. Sorry, but June is more or less the same with May. It'll be OK, not so hot. :thumbsup: