Re: FORMULA 1 2008 Sinopec Chinese Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 15 Oct 2008, 20:30

Nope. I very much doubt it.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 15 Oct 2008, 21:17

Jean Todt is on the FIA committee,and is member of Ferrari,so that may be true.

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 16 Oct 2008, 04:03

Kimi Räikkönen wrote:“Now we're going to China. Let's see what we can do there, where I won last year. Shanghai is a very demanding track and I really like it. Our goal is a one-two win. I'll give it all to help Felipe and the team to gain the results we want.”
These some thing i never heard from Kimmi but for now he is out and he is helping his teamate awsme :shhh: :shhh:
Desire has no limits

Lemans3
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Lemans3 » 16 Oct 2008, 06:37

I hope both Hamy and Massa will leave their dads at home. Cameras always zooming in on "dads reaction" on something is annoying. I mean, both guys are old enough to do it alone. Might be even better!

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 16 Oct 2008, 08:44

kimi and mika wrote: Ferrari 1-2 then Lewis if it's dry, Massa most likely first. The best thing to happen is Massa first Lewis 3rd as Massa will be 1 point behind Lewis, hopfully Lewis doesn't do a Schuy or anything like Japan to take Massa out! Or Kimi WDC, if Lewis get's a point penalty (it's possible), Massa does rubbish (DNF DNF) and Kubica does bad (8th DNF)
:) You are a comedian..
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 16 Oct 2008, 11:51

I predict both Ferrari and McLaren will be strong here, but I think Ferrari have the upper hand here with the circuit' long straight line.

Both BMW and Renault still would be the main rivals for the top 2 teams, one of them could continue to make a surprise with a place in the podium or even a victory.

Hamilton and Massa have to avoid to make a mistake again, they have to racing cleanly otherwise their title chance would be under threat because Kubica is very consistant.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 16 Oct 2008, 12:01

You should really read Thursday Press Conference, which saw Lewis, Kimi, Alonso and Kubica. Did you notice? Yes. All drivers but Lewis had some critisicm about Lewis' driving style or championship fight. I guess Lewis felt a big pressure on his shoulder in the press conference as if he is so alone. I think it can turn out two different moods: Solitude or Raging. That would be a key for this race and championship. Lewis can gain a momentum from this obvious dislike towards him or lose it. It looks to me no one has any sympathy about Lewis. How hard it must be for Lewis.
Alonso wrote:If we do that [be competitive] and Felipe wins the race and I can be second or third I will be happy to help Felipe to take as many points as possible and this is the only approach. I will do my own race but after all, when you finish the race and see the results, you prefer some drivers to win or some teams to win compared to others but I don’t think that I will be a key part of the championship.
Q: (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Do Fernando or Kimi feel anything about Lewis’s driving this season, that perhaps it’s been a bit over the edge?
KR: No comment.
FA: No comment.
Q: (Chris Lines - AP) Robert, you made some comments last week about Lewis’s driving at Monza, said that some of his overtaking was dangerous. Can I ask you to comment further on that and whether you have discussed this directly with Lewis?
RK: I think there is nothing more to comment on. When one driver is overtaking another one and crossing his line just in front of his wheel, it’s quite dangerous, especially if someone behind has to lift off. I have been involved in an accident in a similar situation in Canada and I know what it means when a front wheel hits a rear wheel and from my point of view it’s quite dangerous.
Q: (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Lewis, could I just ask you about your mood coming into this race because following what happened in Fuji you’ve received quite a lot of criticism from both drivers old and new, past and present…
LH: Have I? Well, I haven’t seen that. I was in Tokyo for a couple of days and then I came here and I’ve not really paid any attention to it.
Ian Parkes' point --> here

To add - Felipe Massa QA
Q. Robert Kubica was quoted recently as saying that Lewis was overly aggressive and over-confident at times. Would you agree?

FM: Well, that is Lewis. That is his personality. To be aggressive and to always (be) over confident. That is true. That is his personality. It doesn't mean that he cannot be good, cannot be competitive or cannot be strong because of that. Everybody knows that he is very strong and these things, many races, made him a lot of points. That is why it doesn't change anything.

Q. A lot of drivers are supporting you at the moment when they have been asked. Does that make you a little bit proud?

FM: Yes, for sure. I always respect other drivers, and I always respect everyone who is racing against me. I think that is the way I am. That is the way I do my job. I think when you are in F1 you can never underestimate your competitors because everyone knows what they are doing, everybody is very strong and everyone won everything before coming to F1. So, that is why I think respect is the most important thing for the other drivers.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 16 Oct 2008, 15:10

As far as I can remember, Ferrari used to have good races here... Tomorrow's practices will say where are we this year...
But I don't think that Hamilton will take 6 more points than Massa... I think everything will be defined in Brazil.

Rachael The Great
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Rachael The Great » 16 Oct 2008, 15:38

Intermediate07 wrote:1. Hamilton
2. Kovalainen
3. Vettel
4. Räikkönen
5. Bourdais
6. Heidfeld
7. Kubica
8. Trulli
9. Massa

I would prefer this result. :pray: :)

:pray: Hopefully :)

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 16 Oct 2008, 15:44

Rachael-The-Great wrote:
2. Kovalainen
3. Vettel
4. Räikkönen
5. Bourdais
6. Heidfeld
7. Kubica
8. Trulli
9. Massa

I would prefer this result. :pray: :)
:pray: Hopefully :)
it's game over then, i think this result would be better:

1. Kovalainen
2. Vettel
3. Hamilton
4. Räikkönen
5. Bourdais
6. Heidfeld
7. Kubica
8. Trulli
9. Massa
Last edited by megasyxx on 16 Oct 2008, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 16 Oct 2008, 15:53

Bridgestone are bringing their hardest tyres to the race this weekend: the hard (prime, no strip) and medium (option, with stripe) compounds.
Track history may be on Ferrari’s side but the F2008 and MP4/23 have been very evenly matched in recent races. but With mid-to-low 20C temperatures forecast this weekend McLaren will expect to be very competitive

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 16 Oct 2008, 16:00

I have a feeling of a last lap (or so) heartbreak for one of the top trio...

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 16 Oct 2008, 16:29

Ali wrote:You should really read Thursday Press Conference, which saw Lewis, Kimi, Alonso and Kubica.
The press conference was very long but interesting indeed. There were lots of attacks from some reporters, especially British ones, but the drivers just tried to evade the questions somehow. It was also curious to see that pretty much everyone wanted the current steward system changed.

On another note,
Hamilton to face scrutiny over driving
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71441

Of course Hamilton doesn't have to care about what others think, but it sounds quite awkward if you don't get any respect from your fellow drivers.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 16 Oct 2008, 17:57

Lemans3 wrote:I hope both Hamy and Massa will leave their dads at home. Cameras always zooming in on "dads reaction" on something is annoying. I mean, both guys are old enough to do it alone. Might be even better!
Good point, and I very much agree. I hate that element of the coverage. I don't mind seeing the mechanics or the odd model, but the dads and in some cases mums staring brazenly at the camera or looking really dissappointed just really annoys me aswell. :blink:

EDIT: There's a poll on F1.com - something like: "Of the three championship contenders, who would you like to win the championship?"

At the time of writing, the poll result stands as such:

Kubica 39.90%
Massa 36.61%
Hamilton 23.49%

Ouch.. :cool:
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Intermediate07

Post by Intermediate07 » 16 Oct 2008, 18:28

Rachael-The-Great wrote:
2. Kovalainen