4%

Total votes: 83

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by Zack » 13 Oct 2008, 14:16

Spoiler:
raikkonen4ever wrote:@Zack : Nice avatar :)
iceman1 wrote:Nice av zack :p
Alonso supporting Massa ''hmm'' ... probably that will be limited to offtrack.Its difficult to understand the main reason behind this ..!Alonsoo! :p

F2008 have few added bits to solve Kimi's problem & particularly to address Tyre Temperature issues.
http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/ ... 2/598.html
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 13 Oct 2008, 14:58

TwistedArmco wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:..and I know you're only saying this whole thing as a joke, but the guys who do it have to..
I think it was a joke to start with mate. :O
Oh really, I'd have never guessed.. :s

Look up, fergie, to the bold bit of the quote. The only thing I'm saying is that even if this whole thing came out of a joke, I still think the job that the stewards do is undervalued. Like I said and like swca said, it's the system (timing/constitution/power) that is at fault, but the Stewards should not be faulted for trying to do their job. Imagine what would have happened if they had given only Massa a penalty, and then apply the same situation for Lewis. One set of fans would have gone and got themselves banned. Hell, one did anyway.

So, basically, they make the decisions based on fairness and action, not who they support, which is why I protest at the constant stream of abuse directed at the stewards. Sorry, but there is no conspiracy in F1, and I have to believe that.
Oh, I didn't see that bit. IMO the stewards aren't consistent from race to race and different penalties are given for situations that don't deserve a penalty. Even Max has said Ferrari is the most important team in F1. Agree to disagree then. :wave:

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 13 Oct 2008, 15:01

darthfury wrote:"Hamilton got a drive-through penalty in Fuji when the British driver pushed Kimi Raikkonen out of the track by braking tires locked and storming in the inside curve.

-On press conference I was asked if Hamilton's penalty was right in my opinion. I immediately answered yes although I didn't even know why he was punished, Alonso laughed."

haha!
arrogant p***k. not you, alonso. Thats exactly why I can't like him. If he didn't say things like that I would probably support him. Lewis maybe arrogant on the track but he doesn't go round saying stupid things like that.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 13 Oct 2008, 15:10

Hamilton doesn't act arrogant in the press? :p He surely had the b*** once again to brake late when he dived to the first corner.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 13 Oct 2008, 15:11

Fergie1 wrote:arrogant p***k. not you, alonso. Thats exactly why I can't like him. If he didn't say things like that I would probably support him. Lewis maybe arrogant on the track but he doesn't go round saying stupid things like that.
you referring to alonso?

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 13 Oct 2008, 15:16

I know, but he doesn't say things like he deserves a penalty because I don't like him.

and
megasyxx wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:arrogant p***k. not you, alonso. Thats exactly why I can't like him. If he didn't say things like that I would probably support him. Lewis maybe arrogant on the track but he doesn't go round saying stupid things like that.
you referring to alonso?

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 13 Oct 2008, 15:17

Fergie1 wrote:
darthfury wrote:"Hamilton got a drive-through penalty in Fuji when the British driver pushed Kimi Raikkonen out of the track by braking tires locked and storming in the inside curve.

-On press conference I was asked if Hamilton's penalty was right in my opinion. I immediately answered yes although I didn't even know why he was punished, Alonso laughed."

haha!
arrogant p***k. not you, alonso. Thats exactly why I can't like him. If he didn't say things like that I would probably support him. Lewis maybe arrogant on the track but he doesn't go round saying stupid things like that.
It's called a personal rivalry. In a way, it's childish, but at least Fernando has the attitude and will to move out of PR speak for once. Lewis tends to try and play his side of it down, but can't resist taking occasional stabs at Fernando, such as "he showed me how not to behave as a World Champion.." etc. Then the other half of the time, he plays their rivalry down, as does Fernando sometimes.

They're all two-faced and arrogant, but I just don't like Lewis, and his on-track antics, and his bullish PR rubbish just annoys me.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 13 Oct 2008, 15:18

Zack wrote:
Spoiler:
Alonso supporting Massa ''hmm'' ... probably that will be limited to offtrack.Its difficult to understand the main reason behind this ..!Alonsoo! :p

F2008 have few added bits to solve Kimi's problem & particularly to address Tyre Temperature issues.
Main Reason : Ferrari i'm gonna help your driver :p http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m8rv23q9sZM

:roll:: at bit late to fix the problem :pout:

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 13 Oct 2008, 15:21

blizzard wrote: As I mentioned earlier or in another thread, I don´t quite remember :) :
Fernando is a brilliánt racing driver, especially his win percentage from outside row 1 is spectacular. He might be the best driver in history in terms of transforming mediocre qualifying results into victories. Especially in 2005 and 2006 when the Renault was better, he often had to settle for 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th in the qualifying but was irresistible in the race.
This is somewhat misleading IMO as many of Alonso's victories from lower start positions came after others encountered reliability problems (especially McLaren in 2005). Of course they are his wins, but most of them not really because of his skill or anything.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 13 Oct 2008, 15:24

Fergie1 wrote:If he didn't say things like that I would probably support him..
You probably did to an extent (say in 2005 and maybe 2006 if you didn't like Schumi) before darling little Lewis came along and the British press smeared Alonso because they have to feed the anger of the plebby, xenophobic idiots to sell their newspapers..
AzShadow wrote:This is somewhat misleading IMO as many of Alonso's victories from lower start positions came after others encountered reliability problems (especially McLaren in 2005). Of course they are his wins, but most of them not really because of his skill or anything.
Yes, but to win from off the front row, especially from 6th, you need to be there or thereabouts. Like Suzuka 2006. Alonso was keeping Schumi honest, 6 or 7 seconds behind, and frankly you can't blame Alonso for Mclaren running stupidly unreliable engines in 2005.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 13 Oct 2008, 15:30

TwistedArmco wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:If he didn't say things like that I would probably support him..
You probably did to an extent (say in 2005 and maybe 2006 if you didn't like Schumi) before darling little Lewis came along and the British press smeared Alonso because they have to feed the anger of the plebby, xenophobic idiots to sell their newspapers..
AzShadow wrote:This is somewhat misleading IMO as many of Alonso's victories from lower start positions came after others encountered reliability problems (especially McLaren in 2005). Of course they are his wins, but most of them not really because of his skill or anything.
Yes, but to win from off the front row, especially from 6th, you need to be there or thereabouts. Like Suzuka 2006. Alonso was keeping Schumi honest, 6 or 7 seconds behind, and frankly you can't blame Alonso for Mclaren running stupidly unreliable engines in 2005.
I would like him over Hamilton if it wasn't for the c**p last year and the version of events I believe.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 13 Oct 2008, 16:16

Zack wrote:
Spoiler:

they should have got front suspension updates rather than rear.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 13 Oct 2008, 16:18

iceman1 wrote:
Zack wrote: Alonso supporting Massa ''hmm'' ... probably that will be limited to offtrack.Its difficult to understand the main reason behind this ..!Alonsoo! :p

Main Reason : Ferrari i'm gonna help your driver :p http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m8rv23q9sZM

:roll:: at bit late to fix the problem :pout:
Time has change :p ..Its Materialistic world!

Either Alonso hates Hamilton very badly or thr is something we don't know .. probably Luca has signed him to play Mental game(HELLmelton) :n or Alonso thinks this will help him to get seat in Scarlet car or save his records (which are going to be broken one_day anyway :p )

At end of Day .. Hamilton == Alonso; Both are Great Talented Drivers with ridiculous personality & character.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Burgerlim
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Burgerlim » 13 Oct 2008, 16:35

Joining late here haha... again a dramatic race to me...

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 13 Oct 2008, 18:18

Some nifty statistics:

During the Japanese GP the leading driver changed 10 times which is the most since Italian GP in 1971 where the 1st position changed 25 times. The all-time record is from Monza in 1965 when it changed 39 times. The leading drivers in Fuji this year were in this order: Robert Kubica, Fernando Alonso, Jarno Trulli, Sebastien Bourdais, Nelson Piquet jr, Alonso, Kubica, Kimi Räikkönen, Trulli, Piquet and finally Alonso again.

This season there have been 15 different leading drivers. Last time this happened was in 1975.