Kazuki Nakajima
4%

Total votes: 83

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by syncmaster » 12 Oct 2008, 10:24

Q. Lewis has told us that he thinks you drove into him deliberately after realising you had lost the position to him. What do you say about that?

FM: For sure not. I had two wheels on the gravel. I could not stop the car and I was on the gravel because he pushed me into the gravel.
When i first saw even i thought that Massa has deliberately hit Hamilton but after seeing replays i can say that Massa didn't has choice and Massa tired to overtake where there is no space so result was a contact between them
Desire has no limits

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 12 Oct 2008, 10:29

Zack wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71352
Raikkonen: Both McLarens hit me

By Simon Strang Sunday, October 12th 2008, 07:49 GMT

Japanese GP 2008, Turn One incidentKimi Raikkonen claimed after the Japanese Grand Prix that he was hit by both McLaren drivers in a controversial first corner incident which cost world championship leader Lewis Hamilton a drive-through penalty in Fuji on Sunday.

The Ferrari driver got a better start from the front row than poleman Hamilton but was forced to run wide by the late-braking McLaren driver, who along with his teammate Heikki Kovalainen failed to exit Turn One on-track. This allowed Robert Kubica and Fernando Alonso to sneak through ahead of all three.

Raikkonen recovered to finish third, but the Finn felt that damage sustained in the first corner incident cost him any chance of a win on Sunday.

"I got a pretty good start but then braking into Turn 1 I was trying to turn and there was first one McLaren and then a second," he said. "Both hit me and I had nowhere to go other than straight. I lost many places and had some damage on the front, I got back on circuit but was behind people.

"I was catching up and getting past some people, then at the pitstop I was behind Robert [Kubica], I was fighting against him. In the last stint I had a few tries to get past him, but always caught him in the last part of the circuit and the main straight.

"He went to the inside and I didn't have anywhere to go, we got side-by-side but I knew that if nobody lifted in Turn 3 I had no option but to run-off the circuit.

"Then my tyres started to grain a bit so I eased off. It was a bit disappointing what happened in the first corner but at least I got to the finish this time."

This was Raikkonen's first finish since the Hungarian Grand Prix five races ago, and while he was relieved to have finally registered a result, the 28-year-old clearly believed he should have achieved more in the race.

"I lost straightaway the front [after the incident], it didn't feel the same any more," he explained. "Heikki [Kovalainen] hit me harder, the front felt quite light, I didn't know I didn't ask if we had damaged something.

"It was okay, but we were missing something to not be fast enough to catch up with the cars in front. Before the second stop I got stuck behind Rubens Barrichello and lost a second. In the end it was quite a difficult race so we got third place and hopefully now we can score better from here."

Mclaren guys are stupid!!!. They must hit Massa not Kimi.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 12 Oct 2008, 10:30

Course Alonso agrees,he truly hates Hamilton.Massa's comments are ludicrous.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 12 Oct 2008, 10:31

I do think Massa thought when he ran wide and was on the grass "Sod it,I'll spin him round".He could have avoided it if he really wanted to.

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 12 Oct 2008, 10:37

syncmaster wrote:
Q. Lewis has told us that he thinks you drove into him deliberately after realising you had lost the position to him. What do you say about that?

FM: For sure not. I had two wheels on the gravel. I could not stop the car and I was on the gravel because he pushed me into the gravel.
When i first saw even i thought that Massa has deliberately hit Hamilton but after seeing replays i can say that Massa didn't has choice and Massa tired to overtake where there is no space so result was a contact between them
lol. funny how hamilton got c**p thrown at him for avoiding a collision in the exact same situation (albeit worse conditions) at Spa.

also funny here how everyone is ignoring the fact that Massa thinks everyones penalty but his were deserved because he didnt do any mistake, yet Lewis admits he made a mistake... but he's still the arrogant self centered selfish b****** we all love to hate. :D

anyway, at least Alonso won. im happy for him and its fully deserved. hell im begining to think he deserves to be champion this year more than Massa/Kimi/Hamilton.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 12 Oct 2008, 10:59

hannibal_rising wrote:Hey... Let's go to the past... 1997 - Schumacher crash against Villeneuve to avoid him to win the championship. As a result, Schumacher has a penalty (ZERO points in the championship)....

I would like to see McLaren asking the same thing for Massa... a drive trough is not enough if he tries to win the championship like that...
Since we are already going there ...
Ferrari should also appeal for same reason ... both Mclaren Drivers attacked Kimi.

*This not what i want;I didn't had better way to reply this!
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 12 Oct 2008, 11:02

swca92 wrote:I do think Massa thought when he ran wide and was on the grass "Sod it,I'll spin him round".He could have avoided it if he really wanted to.
There was very little time to think.If he would have avoided the collision then he has run of the track and cut the chicane and then let Hamilton Through but Massa didn't want Hamilton in front
Desire has no limits

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 12 Oct 2008, 11:11

syncmaster wrote:
swca92 wrote:I do think Massa thought when he ran wide and was on the grass "Sod it,I'll spin him round".He could have avoided it if he really wanted to.
There was very little time to think.If he would have avoided the collision then he has run of the track and cut the chicane and then let Hamilton Through but Massa didn't want Hamilton in front
Ohhhh so he just rams him. that's nice.

but that's okay. justifyable. and penalty given was unfair (according to his highness anyway). but someone like bourdais or hamilton defending his position is bad bad bad.

that's a bit hypocritical mate don't you think?

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 12 Oct 2008, 11:13

Zack wrote:
hannibal_rising wrote:Hey... Let's go to the past... 1997 - Schumacher crash against Villeneuve to avoid him to win the championship. As a result, Schumacher has a penalty (ZERO points in the championship)....

I would like to see McLaren asking the same thing for Massa... a drive trough is not enough if he tries to win the championship like that...
Ferrari should also appeal for same reason ... both Mclaren Drivers attacked Kimi.

Kimi is not fighting for the championship... and that's only overtaking... if you cut the track to crash against someone, it is quite different...

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 12 Oct 2008, 11:17

there's also a big distinction between mere contact and ramming someone out screwing his race.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 12 Oct 2008, 11:23

hannibal_rising wrote:
Zack wrote:

Kimi is not fighting for the championship
... and that's only overtaking... if you cut the track to crash against someone, it is quite different...
*shock* .. yes he was fighting for the championship for his Team and for WDC too .. only after this race Mathematical it is impossible for him.I don't see any difference ... cutting the track or not .. motto has same.

*We can speculate & claim as we want!
i don't believe either Mclaren(Drivers) or Massa did it deliberately.
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 12 Oct 2008, 11:30

Are stewards paid on a commission per penalty basis? :oh:

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 12 Oct 2008, 11:57

You know in London traffic wardens are paid for every car they see "illegally" parked? Anyway am I the only one sick of all these penalties? I see races now and don't know what the result is at the finish.Can the FIA stop giving out penalties for blocking,poor driving unless its absolutely blatant? Also the FIA are dissuading drivers from overtaking by giving these penalties out.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 12 Oct 2008, 12:11

iceman1 wrote:
Q. Can you explain more about the incident with Lewis Hamilton?

FM: I did the corner, Turn 10. He braked very late and I braked very late, and then I was a little bit wide in the first part of the corner. Then he had my inside line and pushed me a little bit wide in the gravel, and then I went with the wheels on the gravel but the next corner was on the left. Then we just touched each other, so in my opinion it was a racing incident. But we had a drivethrough and we paid, and it is a bit difficult to speak after the race when we have already had the drive through.
Q. What about the Sebastien Bourdais incident?

FM: There is not really much to say about that. I was turning in the corner and then he hit me coming out of the pits. There is nothing to comment on. For me, he was a little bit too optimistic on the inside and to me it was completely wrong.
Q. Were the drive through penalties for you and Lewis fair?

FM: For him yes, for me I am not sure. For me it was just a racing incident, because we braked very late into Turn 10. He tried to pass me and then I was a little bit wide in Turn 10 and he put the car on the inside, and I was on the outside. Then he pushed me a little bit close to the gravel. I put two wheels on the gravel, he closed the door and then we touched. The next corner was already in my favour, but because I was on the gravel I could not do anything and we touched. That is it.
Q. Then it was your fightback through the field and the Bourdais incident. What about that?

FM: For me that was a little bit too optimistic. You cannot leave the pits like that. I am doing the corner. Anyway, he just braked too late and he pushed me out on the track.

For me there is not too much to comment to be honest.

Q. Was it right for your teammates in the pit garage to be celebrating when you crashed into a rival?

FM: Are you English? Is that your point of view?

Q. Yes, but is it right that people celebrate when people crash?

FM: Any time you see a Ferrari ahead of a McLaren, it is a good thing for the team. I am not going to rise (to your attempt) to put fire on the gravel. I have a good relationship with Lewis, and I will not do something to destroy something by purpose. That is true.

Q. I am not stirring things up

FM: I know, and I answered already.
the Massa here sounds not like the normal Massa - he seems, angry and arrogant

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 12 Oct 2008, 12:14

@Zack
Massa did it on purpose!!! He saw it was Hamilton and Hamilton was sooooo much faster than that STUPID Brazilian. He knew he can't do anything wrong at the FIA, he would have been delighted with the DTP, cause he just DESTROYED Lewis' race, that's a BLACK FLAG, he is a scandal for F1. Why do we have to drive the last 2 races, Hamilton is not allowed to win the title, that stupid Brazilian HAS to win the Championship. No one else. Point.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at