Kazuki Nakajima
4%

Total votes: 83

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by hannibal_rising » 12 Oct 2008, 09:17

phil1993 wrote:Judging by the picture ive seen, Heikki should be penalised for taking Kimi wide, Kimi penalise for taking Massa wide, Trulli penalised for taking Glock wide.

Furthermore, DC has been given a fine and grid penalty for damage to the barrier and Sutil has been fined for laying down tyre shreds on the main straight

Next year there will be a penalty for overtaking.... :) ... and the first rule of the championship will be "Ferrari will win both no matter what they do on track. They have a permanent assignation of 10 points for being there"...
And if they do it, It won't surprise me...

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 12 Oct 2008, 09:18

Erm, I don't even agree with myself, but it seems to me that:

a) Massa is penalized for sticking his nose into the corner and taking Hamilton out.
b) Bourdais is penalized for sticking his nose into the corner and taking Massa out.

Just a thought.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 12 Oct 2008, 09:20

WHITE FLAG
Warns of a slow-moving vehicle on the track, such as a tow truck or safety car.

Hamilton was shown a white flag in the race i dunno exactly which lap but it appeared on the screen a moment and went off.even commentators didn't see it
Desire has no limits

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 12 Oct 2008, 09:20

hannibal_rising wrote:
iceman1 wrote:http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 0412.shtml

Massa turned into the corner and contact was inevitable but it is stunning that the stewards have penalised Bourdais as he was on the inside and defending his position and not Massa

In fact, if Bourdais was in the inside and there was no more track where to go... Felipe had a lot of track on the outside to avoid them... and Bourdais got the penalty?... who's the guy that thought that could use the line where there was already another car?...
I always read f1-live and I've never seen such a comment before. What is more, they're damn right. Massa could avoid the accident by going outside and so taking the corner. Maybe we can draw much clear conclusion after seeing it from on board cam of Bourdais but it was definitely Massa's fault.

f1-live's comment is the best I think: "Bourdais penalised for racing a Ferrari..." It's just ridiculous.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 12 Oct 2008, 09:22

Just joking but we see here that Bourdais and Massa are not great drivers! In Barhein 2006, Schumi and Alonso were in a similar situation and there was no touch!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 12 Oct 2008, 09:22

[off topic]I was checking the Racecar site , bourdais has a forum with 136 users online :p

cool No. eh ? Image

[/off topic]

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 12 Oct 2008, 09:24

TwistedArmco wrote:Erm, I don't even agree with myself, but it seems to me that:

a) Massa is penalized for sticking his nose into the corner and taking Hamilton out.
b) Bourdais is penalized for sticking his nose into the corner and taking Massa out.

Just a thought.
No no mate, they're totally different. Bourdais was in his racing line whereas Massa -in Hamilton's incident- tried to go over the kerbs. It was right to penalize Massa but it was not fair to penalize Bourdais. He must have been crying again. Poor boy.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

hinchavcf
car driver
car driver

Post by hinchavcf » 12 Oct 2008, 09:38

Oh, great Fernando winning today for twice.
For spanish fans is fantastic watching him on the first place in Podium.

Bravo !!!

PD: Ferrari, did you see who's the BEST ?? You need him !!

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 12 Oct 2008, 09:49

Hey... Let's go to the past... 1997 - Schumacher crash against Villeneuve to avoid him to win the championship. As a result, Schumacher has a penalty (ZERO points in the championship)....

I would like to see McLaren asking the same thing for Massa... a drive trough is not enough if he tries to win the championship like that...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 12 Oct 2008, 09:58

Bourdais blames Massa for collision

By Edd Straw and Matt Beer Sunday, October 12th 2008, 08:38 GMT

Felipe Massa spins after contact with Sebastien Bourdais at FujiSebastien Bourdais believes Felipe Massa was completely to blame for their collision at Fuji - even though the stewards decided to penalise Bourdais for the collision.

The Toro Rosso driver was given a 25-second penalty after the race and fell from sixth to 10th, while Massa was consequently elevated from eighth to seventh.

The two cars had come together as Bourdais rejoined after his final pitstop. He pulled out alongside Massa, who tried to drive around the outside of the Toro Rosso at the first corner, only to spin after contact between them.

Bourdais was adamant that Massa was at fault for the incident.

"For me it's very clear. Yes, I exit the pits, yes I'm supposed to be careful and I was," he said. "I stayed inside and I didn't push him out, I didn't overshoot the corner.

"I did everything I could not to run into him and he just squeezed and turned and behaved like I didn't exist, like I wasn't there. What am I supposed to do?

"I've been in this position many, many times and I never had any incidents. It's just a little bit of respect, you give each other room and then everything goes right, but if you don't for sure it's going to be an incident."

The Frenchman added that he would have behaved differently to Massa had he been the one challenging for the title.

"I've been in this position many times, especially the position he is in fighting for championships and you just don't take unnecessary risks like this," said Bourdais.

"You've got everything to lose and nothing to gain. He was going to pit in three laps, I was ahead of him and he was going to finish behind us anyway. Why would you even think about doing something like that? I don't understand."

Despite feeling he was blameless in the incident, Bourdais wasn't surprised to receive a penalty.

"No, because every time I get called to the (stewards) meeting rooms, one way or the other it goes against me," he said.

"I don't know why, I don't know what I've done. I don't think I have done anything wrong on this one and unfortunately it ruins the weekend, takes away three points for the team and gives Felipe another point - I am really happy for him, obviously!

"I don't know what I was supposed to do basically. I could have unrolled the red carpet and given him the corner. That is the only thing I could have done."

Living Legend
car driver
car driver

Post by Living Legend » 12 Oct 2008, 10:04

anyone knows when is the replay on aljazeera ? their website only has todays schedule and its not on today

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 12 Oct 2008, 10:05

Living Legend wrote:anyone knows when is the replay on aljazeera ? their website only has todays schedule and its not on today
tomorrow - 6pm (GMT time)

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 12 Oct 2008, 10:09

Q. Can you explain more about the incident with Lewis Hamilton?

FM: I did the corner, Turn 10. He braked very late and I braked very late, and then I was a little bit wide in the first part of the corner. Then he had my inside line and pushed me a little bit wide in the gravel, and then I went with the wheels on the gravel but the next corner was on the left. Then we just touched each other, so in my opinion it was a racing incident. But we had a drivethrough and we paid, and it is a bit difficult to speak after the race when we have already had the drive through.
Q. What about the Sebastien Bourdais incident?

FM: There is not really much to say about that. I was turning in the corner and then he hit me coming out of the pits. There is nothing to comment on. For me, he was a little bit too optimistic on the inside and to me it was completely wrong.
Q. Were the drive through penalties for you and Lewis fair?

FM: For him yes, for me I am not sure. For me it was just a racing incident, because we braked very late into Turn 10. He tried to pass me and then I was a little bit wide in Turn 10 and he put the car on the inside, and I was on the outside. Then he pushed me a little bit close to the gravel. I put two wheels on the gravel, he closed the door and then we touched. The next corner was already in my favour, but because I was on the gravel I could not do anything and we touched. That is it.
Q. Then it was your fightback through the field and the Bourdais incident. What about that?

FM: For me that was a little bit too optimistic. You cannot leave the pits like that. I am doing the corner. Anyway, he just braked too late and he pushed me out on the track.

For me there is not too much to comment to be honest.
Q. Lewis has told us that he thinks you drove into him deliberately after realising you had lost the position to him. What do you say about that?

FM: For sure not. I had two wheels on the gravel. I could not stop the car and I was on the gravel because he pushed me into the gravel.
Q. Was it right for your teammates in the pit garage to be celebrating when you crashed into a rival?

FM: Are you English? Is that your point of view?

Q. Yes, but is it right that people celebrate when people crash?

FM: Any time you see a Ferrari ahead of a McLaren, it is a good thing for the team. I am not going to rise (to your attempt) to put fire on the gravel. I have a good relationship with Lewis, and I will not do something to destroy something by purpose. That is true.

Q. I am not stirring things up

FM: I know, and I answered already.

Tommi
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Tommi » 12 Oct 2008, 10:17

Very disappointing race because the McLarens destroyed Kimi's race. :<>:

Hamilton's comments after the race were again just ridiculous...

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 12 Oct 2008, 10:22

Q: (Livio Oricchio – O Estado de Sao Paulo) To all drivers: the stewards decided to give Lewis Hamilton a drive-through penalty for what happened at the start. Do you consider that was fair?
FA: I agree.
KR: I don’t know. I didn’t see the whole thing. I only saw him when he came up next to me. I’m not sure if he hit me or not but they make their decisions, so I have nothing against it.
RK: I don’t know what happened in the first corner, so it’s difficult to judge.
:)