Nelsinho Piquet
No votes
Kazuki Nakajima
4%

Total votes: 83

phil1993

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1™ Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix

Post by phil1993 » 12 Oct 2008, 08:12

I'm still shocked it was Bourdais penalised not Massa, when it was dangerous driving on Felipe's behalf

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 12 Oct 2008, 08:14

swca92 wrote:And Nakajima been given a 10 place grid penalty for laying debris on the track.Hamilton's been given a 25,000 fine for breathing too hard.
Monetary fine for damaging the barrier for DC ??? I have never heard of this kind of penalty .. Kazuki din throw debris on track for fun ! After the accident he was limping to the pit stop .. I think stewards from Japan have decided that they should make some money from this race :thumbsup:

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 12 Oct 2008, 08:15

phil1993 wrote:I'm still shocked it was Bourdais penalised not Massa, when it was dangerous driving on Felipe's behalf
Keep in mind .. Felipe said after Valencia, " When i am coming out, Sutil should have given me way ". An arrogant way to say that always leave way for Ferrari ! So for all drivers, drive around the track thinking that a Ferrari is not there around you.

Absolutely lousy judegement frm FIA !!

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 12 Oct 2008, 08:16

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71352
Raikkonen: Both McLarens hit me

By Simon Strang Sunday, October 12th 2008, 07:49 GMT

Japanese GP 2008, Turn One incidentKimi Raikkonen claimed after the Japanese Grand Prix that he was hit by both McLaren drivers in a controversial first corner incident which cost world championship leader Lewis Hamilton a drive-through penalty in Fuji on Sunday.

The Ferrari driver got a better start from the front row than poleman Hamilton but was forced to run wide by the late-braking McLaren driver, who along with his teammate Heikki Kovalainen failed to exit Turn One on-track. This allowed Robert Kubica and Fernando Alonso to sneak through ahead of all three.

Raikkonen recovered to finish third, but the Finn felt that damage sustained in the first corner incident cost him any chance of a win on Sunday.

"I got a pretty good start but then braking into Turn 1 I was trying to turn and there was first one McLaren and then a second," he said. "Both hit me and I had nowhere to go other than straight. I lost many places and had some damage on the front, I got back on circuit but was behind people.

"I was catching up and getting past some people, then at the pitstop I was behind Robert [Kubica], I was fighting against him. In the last stint I had a few tries to get past him, but always caught him in the last part of the circuit and the main straight.

"He went to the inside and I didn't have anywhere to go, we got side-by-side but I knew that if nobody lifted in Turn 3 I had no option but to run-off the circuit.

"Then my tyres started to grain a bit so I eased off. It was a bit disappointing what happened in the first corner but at least I got to the finish this time."

This was Raikkonen's first finish since the Hungarian Grand Prix five races ago, and while he was relieved to have finally registered a result, the 28-year-old clearly believed he should have achieved more in the race.

"I lost straightaway the front [after the incident], it didn't feel the same any more," he explained. "Heikki [Kovalainen] hit me harder, the front felt quite light, I didn't know I didn't ask if we had damaged something.

"It was okay, but we were missing something to not be fast enough to catch up with the cars in front. Before the second stop I got stuck behind Rubens Barrichello and lost a second. In the end it was quite a difficult race so we got third place and hopefully now we can score better from here."
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 12 Oct 2008, 08:17

sanredrose wrote:
swca92 wrote:And Nakajima been given a 10 place grid penalty for laying debris on the track.Hamilton's been given a 25,000 fine for breathing too hard.
Monetary fine for damaging the barrier for DC ??? I have never heard of this kind of penalty .. Kazuki din throw debris on track for fun ! After the accident he was limping to the pit stop .. I think stewards from Japan have decided that they should make some money from this race :thumbsup:
Lolz. We like joking here don't we...

Anyways, Looking at he Ham-Mas crash, it looks like Massa thought :"I am Ferrari, I am invincible, f*** u all. Sh!t, Im screwed, he's got me, oh, well" RAM. And he was just given a drive thru, then the stewards have the nerver to give him another point. He should have been Dq-ed for that move. In reality, he should be 11 points ahead.

darthfury
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by darthfury » 12 Oct 2008, 08:17

Omg! I didnt expect that! 5 points now?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 12 Oct 2008, 08:18

lol. Heikki's humour: "Sometimes these things happen. I just saw some pieces of metal flying from the exhaust, which is never a good sign."

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 12 Oct 2008, 08:18

Poor Kimmi if he had won then he had chance in the championship.......Mclaren drivers are successful in finishing Kimmi's hope in the championship
Desire has no limits

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kimi and mika » 12 Oct 2008, 08:29

I agree with:

The Massa penalty
The Hamilton penalty

I disagree with:

The Bourdais panalty

I think it was a racing incident, if Bourdais took Massa out then it's fair, but nothing happened to Massa. I think Raikkonen could have won without the Hamilton move...it moved him to 7th! Hamilton could have been a long way infront of Massa by now, but he screws himself up. All he had to to was stick behind Raikkonen. Raikkonen 1st, Hamilton 2nd, Heikki 3rd it would have been. I think Alonso deserved to win though...after everything that happened.

Who got the fastest lap? was it Massa?

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 12 Oct 2008, 08:31

Massa got fastest lap.That Bourdais penalty,we didn't get a view from the inside of turn 1.From the outside it looked like very poor driving from Massa.

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 12 Oct 2008, 08:33

Yes even i didn't see,who got the fastest lap?
Desire has no limits

darthfury
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by darthfury » 12 Oct 2008, 08:37

The reason for the penalties of Massa and Hamilton was because they ran someone else out of the track. Why Bourdais shoudnt get a penalty too? It was the same thing of what Massa did to Hamilton.

Besides, Massa was just too damn fast at that time. Before the incident with Sebastien he was doing 1:18.4, 18.7 laps and after it he did 1:25.high, 23 high and pitted. He lost about 12 seconds with that. That 12 seconds gap would be enough to be on sixth place.

The result of grand prix before the penalty
Sebastien Bourdais STR-Ferrari 67 +34.0 secs
Felipe Massa Ferrari 67 +46.1 secs

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 12 Oct 2008, 08:44

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 0412.shtml

Massa turned into the corner and contact was inevitable but it is stunning that the stewards have penalised Bourdais as he was on the inside and defending his position and not Massa

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 12 Oct 2008, 09:02

The car that is ahead always has right of way. Which is why Bourdais penalty is dumb as well.

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 12 Oct 2008, 09:11

iceman1 wrote:http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 0412.shtml

Massa turned into the corner and contact was inevitable but it is stunning that the stewards have penalised Bourdais as he was on the inside and defending his position and not Massa

In fact, if Bourdais was in the inside and there was no more track where to go... Felipe had a lot of track on the outside to avoid them... and Bourdais got the penalty?... who's the guy that thought that could use the line where there was already another car?...

An bourdais thinks the same:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71360

"I did everything I could not to run into him and he just squeezed and turned and behaved like I didn't exist, like I wasn't there. What am I supposed to do?

"I've been in this position many, many times and I never had any incidents. It's just a little bit of respect, you give each other room and then everything goes right, but if you don't for sure it's going to be an incident."

"I don't know what I was supposed to do basically. I could have unrolled the red carpet and given him the corner. That is the only thing I could have done."
Last edited by hannibal_rising on 12 Oct 2008, 09:22, edited 1 time in total.