Fanboyism

Tell us your comments about F1zone.net and the suggestions to improve it.
Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Fanboyism

Post by Fergie1 » 08 Oct 2008, 15:01

Can we put a stop to the unneccesary posts saying things like "Lewis will beat them all" or "Ferrari is the fastest"? Its really annoying, I know I haven't been innocent of it lately but I stopped and I think its time for other people who are like this.
Who else agrees?

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Fanboyism

Post by megasyxx » 08 Oct 2008, 15:17

:) just ignore those kinds of stuff...

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 08 Oct 2008, 16:40

I do, but it would be better to have intelligent (if you know what I mean) discussion.

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 08 Oct 2008, 17:47

Nice idea but not an idol one.If Ferrari is quick on some track then nobody can deny it.If lewis has beaten every one in race then we can deny it.If Mclaren is fast then we can say that Mclaren is Fastest.But telling things just for the driver or team you like is Fanboyism and should be stopped but people has mouth and they speak whatever they want,u can't stop others mouth.What happens if u put a rule on Fanboyism and they if they stop posting any thing to their driver but it comes in the mind of the people u can't stop other people to think.And i think this is a forum to Discuss :)
Desire has no limits

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 08 Oct 2008, 19:06

Theres the truth, which is what you are saying and then there is being plain silly. The difference is easy for me anyway to spot.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 08 Oct 2008, 20:18

Erm.. Hypocrisy?? Mac and Ferrari fans post several strong posts per GP.

Fanboyism is an integral part of being a fan. The only qualification (in my view) to a decent post to this forum is that a view vaguely applies to the topic.
There is also a difference between 1) "Lewis will beat them all" and 2) "Massa the best" (which I've seen a few times).

1) If attached to a race topic, or replying to a topic where someone has raised the issue of the next race, this is a prediction. As long as it isn't pointlessly repeated over and over again, or used in an attacking and offensive way (how one does that, I'm not sure) or isn't completely OT, then this is acceptable.
2) = Spam, not fanboyism. The example I used is one that lots of people use to attempt to get access to the videos section. That's not fanboyism, that's lurking.

Anyway, Fergie, those "unneccessary" posts aren't hurting anyone or attacking anyone's opinions. They're opinions in their own right and can be challenged, but as long as it isn't offensive, perfectly fine.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 08 Oct 2008, 21:21

But my point is if it doesn't add to the discussion and it can constitute spam then whats the point in it.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 08 Oct 2008, 23:22

Fergie1 wrote:But my point is if it doesn't add to the discussion and it can constitute spam then whats the point in it.
A forum is what you make it. Some people like to predict what will happen, some people like to say what will happen. Some people just want a place to adore their favourite racer. No one is forced to write an essay each post, or even quantify or support their opinions.

Just as long as the post is related to the topic, and isn't off topic therefore, it stays, and it is up to you to ignore it. Genuine spam is usually taken off quickly, if you want to quicken up that process or report a particularly inane case of fanboyism, do us a favour and use this > Image
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.