Should Kimi Räikkönen be dismissed?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

What to do with Kimi?

Sack him now!
29%
Give him a break and let Gené drive the rest of the season, Kimi will return stronger in 2009!
14%
Don´t do anything, he´s still got what it takes!
57%

Total votes: 35

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Should Kimi Räikkönen be dismissed?

Post by maltafan » 01 Oct 2008, 19:14

dismissed no, but I'm sure that Luca Di Montezemolo is not happy that he has just renewed his contract.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 01 Oct 2008, 19:42

TwistedArmco wrote:
sanredrose wrote:Gene and Badoer might do a better job because there is no tomorrow for them at Ferrari ! They are never going to make it to the racing seat of Ferrari.
Moreover 'El Nano' fans being skeptical of Kimi for 2010 is simply because their man can't be at the helm till 2010 ! :n So i don't accept that ... :shhh:
Well of course I'm a 'Nano fan, but you know, as long as he is fighting, I don't mind seeing him in red, orange or white and blue. The only colour (combination) I don't want to see Fernando in is white and green.. :n And frankly, what if Ferrari are still operationally rubbish in 2010? No, I am perfectly ok with Fernando anywhere but Honda (he would be selling out, and heading to the money) as long as he is fighting, pushing, setting top-5 fastest laps (Singapore) and there's me treating each fourth place finish like a podium, and each win like a WDC. He has the motivation, that much is undeniable. Kimi maybe gives the wrong impression (or maybe the press corps of the world get the wrong impression), but he does not seem to be motivated, not attending meeetings etc. etc.
Well i don't think FA would think of even Honda as an option. He might stay for some more time in Renault itself. They can probably mount a challenge again with Alonso at their helm. 2007 - Renault was nowhere. 2008 - Renault have 2 podiums, one with each driver. All they need to do is to revisit their engine and aero package. Then i guess Alonso ( Renault ) vs Lewis ( Mclaren ) vs Kimi ( Ferrari ) would be a fantastic one to watch. Neither of the three would want to give the other a chance ! It will be fantastic !

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 02 Oct 2008, 17:16

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kimi and mika » 02 Oct 2008, 17:46

Belgium: He was very good in the dry and might have won, but in the rain he had no chance against Hamilton and threw the race into the wall

Monza: Bad qualifying, same for Hamilton, but Hamilton made the most of it and finished solidly in the points, whereas Kimi looked hopeless again in the rain and didn´t score again.

Singapore: Good before the safety car, might have had the possibillity to finish second, but the safety car and the pit chaos at Ferrari hindered his race, but after the restart he was disappointing again and threw at least 4 constructors point into the wall.

But it´s really since that pitlane incident at Montreal, that he´s underperforming in every race. He was beaten by Glock in Hungary, didn´t finish well in Germany and so on.
He did get fastest laps in all of them and in Hungry, Kimi stopped chasing glock with rear end problems (the car not him)...
"If the best drivers in the world are Raikkonen and Massa, then why is it thanks to them that Hamilton is on the verge of winning the title?" asked more, "With Alonso, we would be again be leading. Only he can stop the Mclaren."
No, Alonso didn't beat Hamilton last year, I know what happened with McLaren but he didn't, Kimi did. Alonso is a great driver, I agree but hw wont take Kimi's place or Massa's, Ferrari wont do that (Untill the contrac runs out). Maybe replace Kimi 2010, he can wait, can't he? (If he's so desperate...)

And another thing, what about Hamilton, he hasn't won in a while, you might want to worry about him as well?

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 04 Oct 2008, 12:11

I´ve read the recent interview with Kimi. Very good interview I must say. Kimi is very honest and outspoken, he also said that he regrets his mistakes this year and feels sorry for the team.

Full credit to him, great behaviour, he should do that more often, just talk instead of hiding or remaining silent.
I think it would help him a lot with his standing in Italy.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 08 Oct 2008, 07:26

kimi and mika wrote: And another thing, what about Hamilton, he hasn't won in a while, you might want to worry about him as well?
Lewis is more off into a position where he has to get maximum points. He is going to risk it only when he is behind Massa. Even if he is one place ahead of Massa, he is probably going to sit there and see to the end of the race. All he needs to do is conserve the 7 point lead !

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kimi and mika » 08 Oct 2008, 17:49

Lewis is more off into a position where he has to get maximum points. He is going to risk it only when he is behind Massa. Even if he is one place ahead of Massa, he is probably going to sit there and see to the end of the race. All he needs to do is conserve the 7 point lead !
which should be easy, but what happened last year! All he needs to do is stick with Massa if he's at the front. But this is a bit off-topic. I think he won't be dismissed, he is the WDC he is the fastest man in F1, he's just been off-form, so what!

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 09 Oct 2008, 15:39

kimi and mika wrote:
which should be easy, but what happened last year! All he needs to do is stick with Massa if he's at the front. But this is a bit off-topic. I think he won't be dismissed, he is the WDC he is the fastest man in F1, he's just been off-form, so what!
As far as Kimi is concerned i agree with you.. My reasoning was probably a little different from yours.

Kanst
car driver
car driver

Post by Kanst » 08 Nov 2008, 17:57

Räikkönen had this year problems with the tyres, i think next year he will be back with slicks.