Desire has no limits

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Sep 2008, 09:51

maltafan wrote:
sanredrose wrote:
phil1993 wrote:steady on! Lewis had a 12 point lead going to China last year and he lost it!
This year he is not doing it .. He is a much better driver in the second half of the season than the first half .. So i m hoping that Hamilton wins Chinese GP !!
last year there were other things apart from racing. The whole Mclaren saga had a say in the final result, I'm sure of it.
Definately. Besides that: Hamilton was to unexperienced to win the worldchampionship, he wanted to win the race in china, he wanted to win the race in brazil. He should have just followed Alonso... Now he is in the position, to just follow Massa :thumbsup: . Hope he'll suceed :pray:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 29 Sep 2008, 09:53

joostlamers wrote:
maltafan wrote:
sanredrose wrote:
phil1993 wrote:steady on! Lewis had a 12 point lead going to China last year and he lost it!
This year he is not doing it .. He is a much better driver in the second half of the season than the first half .. So i m hoping that Hamilton wins Chinese GP !!
last year there were other things apart from racing. The whole Mclaren saga had a say in the final result, I'm sure of it.
Definately. Besides that: Hamilton was to unexperienced to win the worldchampionship, he wanted to win the race in china, he wanted to win the race in brazil. He should have just followed Alonso... Now he is in the position, to just follow Massa :thumbsup: . Hope he'll suceed :pray:
Looks like Hamilton is a driver to just follow other driver not a driver to win :p
Desire has no limits

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 29 Sep 2008, 13:21

syncmaster wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
maltafan wrote:
sanredrose wrote:
Looks like Hamilton is a driver to just follow other driver not a driver to win :p
Well IMO it would be a great improvement if he starts to drive with his head instead of with his b***, because that's the way you win championships. :cool:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 29 Sep 2008, 14:05

Suntrek wrote:
syncmaster wrote:
joostlamers wrote:
maltafan wrote:
sanredrose wrote:
Well IMO it would be a great improvement if he starts to drive with his head instead of with his b***, because that's the way you win championships. :cool:
I think he is now much more concentrated, so he won't make this stupid mistkaes of last year again... :tired:

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 29 Sep 2008, 14:47

Arrows_F1 wrote:
Suntrek wrote:
syncmaster wrote:
I think he is now much more concentrated, so he won't make this stupid mistkaes of last year again... :tired:
Only time will tell that ... logically he has more experience,Inside Team situation better than last year and of course big b*** :p
World Championship standings favor Hamilton...

Code: Select all

Drivers:                    Constructors:             
 1.  Hamilton      84        1.  McLaren-Mercedes      135
 2.  Massa         77        2.  Ferrari               134
Ferrari & Massa has everything thats needs for to be WDC & WCC respectively.I hope they will achieve it :O

It sad that kubica's title race is almost over now :sad: all because of B*S* SC Rules :tired:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 29 Sep 2008, 15:17

ferrari aiming for 1-2 finishes in the final 3 races.....their cars are very capable of doing it. if lewis ends up 3rd in the remaining races, massa will win it by 5? (if my stupid math skills are correct :D)

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Sep 2008, 15:50

Zack wrote:Ferrari & Massa has everything thats needs for to be WDC & WCC respectively.I hope they will achieve it :O It sad that kubica's title race is almost over now :sad: all because of B*S* SC Rules :tired:
Has Massa everthing to be a world champion?? :huh:
Come on Zack, he can't drive. Point. He just doesn't drive like a world champion, Hamilton does.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 29 Sep 2008, 15:57

joostlamers wrote:
Zack wrote:Ferrari & Massa has everything thats needs for to be WDC & WCC respectively.I hope they will achieve it :O It sad that kubica's title race is almost over now :sad: all because of B*S* SC Rules :tired:
Has Massa everthing to be a world champion?? :huh:
Come on Zack, he can't drive. Point. He just doesn't drive like a world champion, Hamilton does.
Its your perspective on Massa ..i can't argue/help it :|

Massa & Hamilton ..& even Kubica equally deserves the title ...in the end best will win.

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 29 Sep 2008, 16:02

To be honest, Massa is a great driver but he has ridiculous days like Silverstone quite often whereas Hamilton and Kubica don't. True consistency is what it takes and no one has really been consistent this year.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Sep 2008, 16:05

3 one-twos in 3 races for Ferrari! :p no-one will get 3 1-2s in the next 3

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 29 Sep 2008, 16:12

phil1993 wrote:3 one-twos in 3 races for Ferrari! :p no-one will get 3 1-2s in the next 3
thats so Realistic!

Di Montezemolo: ''It was a bitter day. But Ferrari has gone through moments of greater difficulty. During the weekend our car was clearly the best one. Fuel corrected Massa has done an extraordinary lap in qualifying, demonstrating that at the moment he's the driver in the best shape.''

''The car is the best, Massa is the best and from Raikkonen I expect that in the last three races he shows he's the world champion. Then at the end of the ride we'll make up the balance.''

''It's clear Raikkonen is the second driver now. Every driver knows he must race in the interest of the team and more than ever before I expect that Massa and Raikkonen are able to finish first and second in all the remaining races. And at least finish ahead of the McLaren drivers. That's what I ask them to do.''

''Unfortunately anything can happen when we race at circuits where it would be better to have a circus or something else. The spectacle has been offered by the Safety Car and this is humiliating for Formula 1. That's why I (being the president of the FOTA - AFCA) want to talk about this in the coming weeks with the other teams.''

-------------

1 The traffic light that is part of the short circuit, being connected to the wheelguns, the fuelhose and the lift jacks.

2 The head of the mechanics (Ugguzoni) can operate the traffic light manually in case of emergency or in the event of there being many cars in the pitlane due to a Safety Car situation.

3 After Massa's pitstop Ferrari wisely went back to using the traditional lollipop for all the rest of the stops.

-------------

The two mechanics that were hospitalized yesterday are fine btw.

Source: AFCA

As i said before ... System is semi-automatic but due to SC situation Ferrari decided to use it manually ..rest is history!

Edit: I had seen nice graphically presentation video of Ferrari's pit stop signaling system ..was Italian site gazetta(spell?) ... I'll post if i find it.

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 29 Sep 2008, 16:13

2008 Singapore GP stats and facts

By Keith
Fernando Alonso scored his first win in over a year, his last victory coming at Monza last season. It was his 20th career victory in his 118th start. Alonso has now scored as many wins as Mika Hakkinen and is tied for 11th on the ‘most career wins’ list with his fellow twice-champion.

Alonso scored his 50th podium finish, one fewer than Hakkinen, and again 11th on the all-time list of most podium finishes.

Alonso is the only driver to have won a race from 15th on the grid. That was previously the highest grid position a race had never been won from. On only seven occasions has a race been won from a lower starting position:

16th - Jackie Stewart, Tyrrell, South Africa, 1973 and Michael Schumacher, Benetton, Spa-Francorchamps, 1995
17th - John Watson, McLaren, Detroit, 1982 and Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren, Suzuka, 2005
18th - Rubens Barrichello, Ferrari, Hockenheimring, 2000
19th - Bill Vukovich, Kurtis Kraft, Indianapolis, 1954 (when the Indianapolis 500 counted towards the world championship)
22nd - John Watson, McLaren, Long Beach, 1983

The worst starting position a race has never been won from is now 20th, which with 10 two-car teams in F1 today is last on the grid.

And of course, Alonso is the first person to win a round of the world championship in Singapore. He is also the seventh different driver to win a race this year.

Renault scored its first win since the 2006 Japanese Grand Prix, which Alonso also won.
More F1 stats from Singapore

Nico Rosberg scored his second career podium, having scored his first in Melbourne. He also led a race for the first time and is the 158th different driver to do so.

Kimi Raikkonen added another fastest lap to his tally, his 35th. It was his tenth this season matching Michael Schumacher’s record for most fastest laps in a season, set in 2004, which Raikkonen matched in 2005.

However he also failed to score for the fourth race in a row, his longest point-less streak since 2002, when he didn’t score for six consecutive races from Malaysia to Monaco. At that time, points were only scored down to sixth place.

Ferrari failed to score a point for the first time in 46 races, a sequence stretching back to the 2006 San Marino Grand Prix (they didn’t score in the previous race in Melbourne). Those 46 races make the second longest points-scoring streak for a team, bettered only by Ferrari themselves from Malaysia 1999 to Malaysia 2003 (55 races). They also have the third longest points-scoring streak, San Marino 2003 to Malaysia 2005 (33 races) but BMW are one race away from matching that (Australia 2007 to present).

Singapore’s podium was the fifth youngest ever seen in F1: Alonso, Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton having an average age of 24 years, eigth months and 19 days. That means four of the five youngest ever podiums in F1 history were achieved this year, in Italy, Germany, Monaco and Singapore.
Heidfeld beats Schumacher

Nick Heidfeld broke Michael Schumacher’s record for the most consecutive finishes in F1 races, finishing his 25th race in a row since last year’s French Grand Prix.

The 2008 Singapore Grand Prix was the 800th race to count towards the F1 world championship.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 29 Sep 2008, 16:16

what's this traffic light all about? will this be required for all teams? or only ferrari will use it?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 29 Sep 2008, 16:17

phil1993's Singapore Driver Ratings