3%

Total votes: 98

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 28 Sep 2008, 15:04

coup wrote:
f1anatic wrote:Time to clean up the squad...get Jean Todt back in charge...and bring Michael out of retirement.
so you're suggesting that as long as ferrari have schumacher and jean todt, they will win? what happens in 20 years when schumacher is 60, and physically unable to drive an f1 car? And, how did ferrari manage to win races and championships before schumacher was even in f1?

just because it has been a tough few races for ferrari, doesnt mean that they need to sack everyone and bring back schumacher. they will battle through, and right now, ferrari need all of its fans behind the team, not trying to destroy it.

also, if you want ferrari to bring back all of the staff from schumacher's era, would nigel stepney be welcome?
What the hell are you on about? He didn't say he wanted Schumacher until hes an OAP he didn't even say he wanted the whole team out. You've gone and put words that he didn't say into his mouth.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 28 Sep 2008, 15:06

i am waiting for Suntrek :p

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Sep 2008, 15:06

coup wrote:
f1anatic wrote:Time to clean up the squad...get Jean Todt back in charge...and bring Michael out of retirement.
so you're suggesting that as long as ferrari have schumacher and jean todt, they will win? what happens in 20 years when schumacher is 60, and physically unable to drive an f1 car?
Stabilizers :p

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 28 Sep 2008, 15:08

coup wrote:
so you're suggesting that as long as ferrari have schumacher and jean todt, they will win? what happens in 20 years when schumacher is 60, and physically unable to drive an f1 car? And, how did ferrari manage to win races and championships before schumacher was even in f1?

just because it has been a tough few races for ferrari, doesnt mean that they need to sack everyone and bring back schumacher. they will battle through, and right now, ferrari need all of its fans behind the team, not trying to destroy it.

also, if you want ferrari to bring back all of the staff from schumacher's era, would nigel stepney be welcome?
I'm agreed with u dude :thumbsup:
As ferrari fans we must always support the teams in no matter what circumstances. :O
Through up and down.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 28 Sep 2008, 15:09

What a lovely, fantastic, brilliant race! :) :) :)

Flag:## Flag:## Flag:##

And Ferrari - you know you need him...

Alonso I mean. :n
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

coup
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by coup » 28 Sep 2008, 15:12

Suntrek wrote: And Ferrari - you know you need him...

Alonso I mean. :n
we've done alright without him so far :)

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 28 Sep 2008, 15:24

wow!what a Dramatic Boring race :n ..it was too long :p

Ferrari just lacks the precision they had ..its lost.What happen to Massa in the pits was unfortunate ..electrical failure of pit stop signal electronics ..which is suppose to show Green only after fuel hose detach from the car.Its hard to digest.Clearly pressure building on Ferrari/Massa/Kimi.Massa needs to win remaining races.It not over until its over.

It was more sad to see Trulli didn't manage to finish after hard fought battles. :(
Awesome Performance from Nico Rosberg & Williams Team ..they were surprise of this weekend.

Congratulationto Renault & Alonso.

Was Nelson crash pre-planed? :p
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Sep 2008, 15:25

next years' race should be 50 laps not 61 :p lol that TA missed the race as hes moving to Uni today

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 28 Sep 2008, 15:35

phil1993 wrote:next years' race should be 50 laps not 61 :p lol that TA missed the race as hes moving to Uni today
No it shouldn't it was a great length race. :)

I had a (far fetched) theory that they asked Piquet to crash after they worked it out that Alonso could win as well.

f1anatic
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1anatic » 28 Sep 2008, 15:41

syafiqa wrote:
coup wrote:

I'm agreed with u dude :thumbsup:
As ferrari fans we must always support the teams in no matter what circumstances. :O
Through up and down.

Dude I am not sure what you are thinking...but like others say, you are putting in my mouth words I did not say. I never said I want Michael back until he is 60. What Todt and Schumi bring to the team is stability, leadership, experience and confidence.

Maybe we are watching the performance of a different driver. I am commenting mostly on this driver:
http://www.formula1.com/results/driver/2008/12.html
Canada - accident
Belgium - accident
Singapore - accident

I don't even remember other accidents but I think there were others. I also do not recall the exact races but Ferrari has had trouble with releasing drivers from the pits too early this year. Not that Michael did not have accidents, but usually they were premeditated. Michael did not crash by himself unless he did it on purpose.

And while I agree that Ferrari fans (or any fans, McLaren Renault etc) must stick with their team and drivers thru thick and thin...that shouldn't mean that as a fan one should not criticize his favorite team's poor performance. The harshest critics should be the team itself and then the fans themselves. Sticking with them is one thing...accepting their poor performance - both on the driver and the management (and organizational) level is another thing. I will not be happy to see Ferrari lose the championships, but I will be the first to say they deserved to lose it. Because they do not deserve to win it...that's for sure.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 28 Sep 2008, 15:51

iceman1 wrote:i am waiting for Suntrek :p
Here I am :hug:

And I'm going to be happy for a week! :1st:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 28 Sep 2008, 15:52

Conspiracy Theorists are enjoying today.I can't see the Piquet crash being deliberate but you never know.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 28 Sep 2008, 15:54

My driver by driver analysis will be up on the forum later

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 28 Sep 2008, 15:55

ok f1anatic.
I understand what are u trying to say..
sorry for misunderstood u.