Mad Max on the rampage again

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Mad Max on the rampage again

Post by Lightning983 » 18 Sep 2008, 07:43

I just read this a few days ago... and i have to say. I REALLY hate Max right about now.

Is he crazy or what? I bet someone is paying those hooker he's with to whisper these stuff to him, because noone sane would have thought of something like thi:

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 0331.shtml

I mean, i'm all for making overtaking a bit easier to do, but if you make all the cars equal, its not F1. It becomes GP2. F1 has always been about technology. I will never forget the turbo era, or the famous BMW 1000BHP qually engine.

And if the people don't have the cash to stay competitive in F1... oh well, its been nice knowing you, lets get someone who does have the cash. I don't want to see generic cars going around the track overtaking each other every single lap.
When i see an overtaking now i know it was hard to do, and i respect the driver that did it more. If it was so easy we would be as bored as we are now, "Oh look, another pass, is that the 50th or 60th today??"

I started to rant a bit now, but what can i do, Max really pisses me off sometimes. He REALLY should have been fired a few months ago.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Re: Mad Max on the rampage again

Post by Zack » 19 Sep 2008, 07:28

Max Max your really mad lolz
Don't worry Ferrari , MM & BMW wouldn't be in interesting any of this talks.

Mad Max: "I want to Kill competition in F1" :n
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 19 Sep 2008, 12:02

I cannot understand how someone who is the head of an entire world motor sport organization can even think of such things.
It is really beyond my understanding. Like he really is putting all his effort into making F1 look like GP1...

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Sep 2008, 12:50

A standard engine is far too Champ Car sounding , Max is again on the right path to making F1 exciting :p

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lucian » 19 Sep 2008, 13:13

Max is simply too old for such an important role. I hope that he retires this year.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 19 Sep 2008, 15:04

I was a bit shocked too, when I read this. Everytime you think about the rule changes that have happend during the last 14 years you think, ok theý changed basically everything, but for god´s sake PLEASE don´t go further! I think the current rules and the 2009 rules are the maximum you can do in F1, in terms of equality and standardization. Otherwise it wouldn´t be F1 anymore. He´s made a lot of things worse over the years, in terms of fascination and spectacle, but these "visions" are by far the worst you could do to F1.
Fortunately Ferrari, Mercedes and BMW won´t allow this to happen, that´s for sure, because if all the cars would be 90% equal or more, there would be absolutely NO motivation for companies like Mercedes or BMW to compete, we don´t even need to talk about Ferrari...

So Mr Mosley, please retire, you´ve done enough.

My dream is to see early 90´s technology associated with state of the art safety technology.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 19 Sep 2008, 15:57

Is he trying to turn F1 into AIGP??? I'll stop watching F1 if we have standard cars or engines.F1 is the pinnacle of technical excellence in motorsport,and if he gets his wish F1 will lose that (And me as a viewer and fan)

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 19 Sep 2008, 16:20

That will be the worst decision ever made, he has a lot of stupid ideas that might change F1 in to A1, GP2 or even another sports events, he should be fired! :<>:

And I totally agree with scwa92, if this happen I'll stop watching F1, better to watch MotoGP :O

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 19 Sep 2008, 17:50

The engine development is already freezed so I don't see much difference. :p Of course a couple of teams have managed to get more power out of their engines even during the freeze, but we don't see any huge differences between the engines anymore. Anyway, the best way would be just getting rid of all the restrictions and let the teams develop their cars as much as they can.

Zeberdee
car driver
car driver

Post by Zeberdee » 20 Sep 2008, 08:57

The problem is, if the costs gkeep spiralling, we are going to end up with a 2 team 4 car grid. Every race will be like watching the Oxford vs Cambridge University boat race.

I think in sprit that he may be trying to do the right thing, but perhaps not in the execution.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 21 Sep 2008, 07:25

:) yeah i guess so, but we all know him for a lot of years, and he had some freaky ideas. I remember him saying something like he wants "inline 4 cylinder turbo diesel engines" about 2-3 years ago. Then i was like, is he serious?

I know the costs for a top F1 team are high, but they're not as high as we all think, after all McLaren paid a fine of 100 million $ last year, and they STILL made a profit of about 50 mil.

So its not like they're out of cash or something.

But what i did like was the old times when someone had a small turbo, ferrari was running big V12 engines, renault was doing V10's... they were all different and all had advantages on different tracks.

If i wanted to see standardized cars i would watch GP2, or A1GP... in F1 EVERY team's car should be a bit different...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 23 Sep 2008, 06:12

Instead of this bs idea; change the current regulation of engine to survive two weekends to 4 race weekends and enforce some fuel efficiency rules.

And if engine fails in between the cycle they should allow it to be reuse(repaired) it with 5 place grid penatly and for new engine 10 places grid penatly.

Then it will be very difficult for Ferrari to win :p
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 23 Sep 2008, 19:44

When has Max been in is senses when talking about F1??

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 25 Sep 2008, 08:44

Well... i really don't remember when Max last time talked sense... FIA did improve the safety, but its not all their credit. the GPDA had a huge influence in that, and they just applied what they suggested, so in my opinion, he really didn't do anything special for F1 (or any other sport under the FIA for that matter).

And as for engine rules, i don't see why make so strict ones... its not like the engine costs are a major part of a car?? And i really, REALLY don't like the durability thing. I loved it when people had different qually engines that lasted for like 60km :D

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 16 Oct 2008, 19:52

There's a meeting next week between Mosley and the FOTA,in which Max has formulated a "Five year plan".He wants teams to have budgets of around £50m per season and a standard engine for every team from 2010.Given his recent suggestions,he'll probably suggest racing wheelbarrows with lawnmower engines or something.