US Presidential Elections 2008

For all other topics which don't fit into other categories
phil1993

US Presidential Elections 2008

Post by phil1993 » 24 Sep 2008, 17:07

Now, I know I'm only 15 and live in the U.K, but the impeding elections will have a huge impact across the globe.

We have for the Democratics Barack Obama, potentially the first black (kinda) president and his running mate Joe Biden. For the Republicans we have John McCain and his controversial running mate, Sarah Palin. Because McCain is 72 and has some form of skin cancer so with his age you could go up behind him and pop a paper bag and he'd have a heart attack, so Palin as a choice is dodgy in some peoples opinion, as she has only been the governor of Alaska as her heighest position of control, describing herself as a "pitbull with lipstick". Many believe that McCain, who served in Vietnam, but doesnt want to talk about it (yeah...) will invade Iran if he is elected, not a promising view.

Onto Obama, now he seems a nice guy, however, some critics see his views as weak, maybe why he chose an experienced white guy to be his future vice.

Who would you prefer as Bush's successor?

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: US Presidential Elections 2008

Post by swca92 » 24 Sep 2008, 17:27

Obama all the way.I can't stand McCain or Palin and their policies.I hate their right wing,pro-war,anti-abortion principles.The Republicans while in power have ruined the American economy,sent thousands of soldiers to their deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan for no/very little gain,and led to a downturn in American fortunes.And Palin wants creationism taught in schools and is the epitome of right wing evil.I can't stand Bush and the Republicans,they should get the f**k out of office.Obama's a young,handsome,intelligent man who will do the right thing and withdraw American troops from Iraq and Afghanistan,make USA a more liberal country and hopefully repair the US economy which is in shreds at the moment,and which has damaged the world economy.If the Democrats don't win watch America collapse...

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 24 Sep 2008, 17:32

swca92 wrote:Obama all the way.I can't stand McCain or Palin and their policies.I hate their right wing,pro-war,anti-abortion principles.The Republicans while in power have ruined the American economy,sent thousands of soldiers to their deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan for no/very little gain,and led to a downturn in American fortunes.And Palin wants creationism taught in schools and is the epitome of right wing evil.I can't stand Bush and the Republicans,they should get the f**k out of office.Obama's a young,handsome,intelligent man who will do the right thing and withdraw American troops from Iraq and Afghanistan,make USA a more liberal country and hopefully repair the US economy which is in shreds at the moment,and which has damaged the world economy.If the Democrats don't win watch America collapse...
exactly my thinking.
swca92 wrote:.If the Democrats don't win watch America collapse...
it wont just be them that collapses...

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 24 Sep 2008, 17:37

mr. barack obama, may have the popular votes (?), but his rival may end up still the winner 'coz of the current admin's hold of key electoral vote states.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 24 Sep 2008, 19:31

It's the most important election in the world. It's sad that 1 man can have enough power to change the world, and the President of America does have this power, although unofficially.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 24 Sep 2008, 21:00

If the American election was held in Britain Obama would win by landslide,he'd get about 80% of the votes.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 24 Sep 2008, 21:14

I think Obama as McCain seems like a bit of a c*ck (like bush). Slightly OT but my "friend" (hes also a c*ck) seems to think that Obama will only win the election because hes black. What a muppet.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 24 Sep 2008, 21:16

He may lose the elction because he's Black.Only 11% of the American population are Black,and without being offensive I do think some Americans can't cope with the idea of a Black president.

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 25 Sep 2008, 02:09

I think McCain will win now that he's got Sarah Palin on his side. I personally don't like Obama but it's not because of his race or religion. Either way the next president will have a really good time dealing with on-going wars and America's horrible economy...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 25 Sep 2008, 05:39

I just hope who ever becomes should have very stringent anti-terrorism policy .. so i guess it has to be McCain considering his army background.Obama has lost lot of ground after Vice Presidential selection ...its interesting before that it was all Obama change Obama change :p
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 25 Sep 2008, 09:13

Obama is like Hamilton in a way = he could be the first "black" something.. Coming from a middle class, ambitious and self-determined family, which isn't all black seemingly, with all of his self-confident speeches and bullishness, which is admittedly, more fitting for a president than a racing driver. :p

I don't particularly like Obama either, HandoZiZle, nor McCain, and I don't like the fact that this election was given the coverage of a major sports event from day 1 (like 1 and a half years ago??). I don't particularly care how Wyoming (pop. 500,000) or Vermont (pop. 600,000) voted for candidates. Once you've actually got your candidates, fine, but there was so much unnecessary coverage of the election.
Bet the Yanks don't get that much coverage of our elections, and I hope not, for their sake - that would be too boring.. As boring as hearing about theirs for years before the president muddies the Whitehouse floor.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 25 Sep 2008, 16:42

how about arnold swarchenegger for president in the very near future? :D

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 25 Sep 2008, 16:49

Yeah, and if he gets voted out he'll say: "I'll be back..."

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 25 Sep 2008, 17:36

or when in a debate and gets frustrated with his rival, he'll say... F..k you .$$hole :D :D

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 25 Sep 2008, 21:17

Its too close to call. The promises being made on the Healthcare systems and Credit flow would swing the elections in McCain or Obama's ways. The current situtation is Bush has left us in a mess. The Wall Street mess & the government idea of bailing them out can turn tax payers on Obama's side. But if Obama also acknowledges the move then it would be back to square one again. Democrats have their own share of their problems with some people seeing Obama as inexperienced. The anti-incumbency factor also plays a major role. Moreover the capitalist economy of usa needs a corporate friendly president which i doubt Obama would fit in to. The international policy of Democrats is more conservative, while republicans encourage international participation and opening up the markets which i doubt whether Obama would do ! So by all means i guess its going to be McCain who would win the elections. But Obama will give him a run for his money.