A new champion is born: Sebastian Vettel

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: A new champion is born: Sebastian Vettel

Post by Lightning983 » 21 Sep 2008, 07:28

Okay i have the idea you all think i don't like him or something, but as far as i'm concerned i've found my "new Michael" after a long 2 years of being a bit lost :)
He may not win as much as he did, bit i like him, and i like his driving...
Who knows we'll see... but as someone here wrote, now that he's moved on to Red Bull we know he won't be the youngest champion of all time :D

Maybe Newey will surprise up, and make a phenomenal car next year, because a Webber - Vettel team... sound really great to me. Both of them are great drives in my book.

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 21 Sep 2008, 13:34

I think Vettel-Webber will be a very good pairing next year. Both of them are great qualifiers and I think they can achieve great things next year. I hope that Red Bull changes their engines for next year. the Renault is really suffering....

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 21 Sep 2008, 13:49

Adrian Newey often does well when deisgning cars for new rule changes (See 1998,2005).With that design team and the money they have Red Bull should be competitive next year,getting regular points,the odd podium,may be even the occasional win.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 21 Sep 2008, 18:03

I think very highly of Webber, but also i think Newey is maybe a bit overrated. I hope i'm wrong, and that he makes a good car, and also that Red Bull fixes the engine situation.

It would be illogical to have the 1st team use the less powerfull engine. They could either switch contracts, or Renault can fix the engine... whatever works for them

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 21 Sep 2008, 19:35

Arrows_F1 wrote:I think Vettel-Webber will be a very good pairing next year. Both of them are great qualifiers and I think they can achieve great things next year. I hope that Red Bull changes their engines for next year. the Renault is really suffering....
well I guess Red Bull will not change their engine supplier because it is renault who would want ot give everything to alonso in 2009 so there mught be some steps forward in engine development if it is not allowed.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 21 Sep 2008, 21:54

I don't really think Renault will be going for the championship next year, and about their engine... well everyone else is bending the rules a bit. Changing just how much is allowed. They are not, and its their problem.

I just hope they solve that by next year, if Red Bull has to stick with their engines.

dima_schumi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by dima_schumi » 22 Sep 2008, 11:31

The pole position and victory at Monza Vettel was suddenly propelled to the top of the poster, and quickly fanned coveted.

Bernie Ecclestone would see the young German team integrate a peak quickly. "We help them get there" said the British in the columns of Autobild Motorsport. "I always said it was good, now I say it is super! "

For the former German pilot, Hans-Joachim Stuck, management of the BMW Sauber team is spent beside a beautiful occasion: "It was a good time to have the right driver. The fact that hatched now to another team, does not make sense. The people of BMW certainly have their reasons, but I probably would have done things differently.
"

But the boss-founder of Red Bull, Dietrich Mateschitz, warned - in the newspaper Bild - that Vettel was not available: "Sebastian is under contract with us. It is not for sale. With him, we want to challenge the best teams and go ahead! " Flag:##

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 22 Sep 2008, 11:58

Here's what Michael had to say:

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3 ... 77,00.html

I will probably agree with him, that putting such a pressure on Vettel is not necesarry, but i think he's strong and intelligent enough to handle it.

dima_schumi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by dima_schumi » 23 Sep 2008, 10:22

Michael Schumacher said it would be good to let Sebastian Vettel without any comparison.

After his historic victory stalled at Italian Grand Prix, the German media especially compared Sebastian Vettel in the new Michael Schumacher - to the great displeasure of the seven times world champion.

"Leave this poor boy quiet," said Michael Schumacher in the German newspaper Bild''''. I always hated when I was compared to others and I do not want to be in this position. "

"Sebastian has its own personality. This is a very nice guy who is good and nice in that it does. " :hug:

dima_schumi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by dima_schumi » 23 Sep 2008, 11:41

David Coulthard does not praise dries on Sebastian Vettel and said that his future successor at Red Bull Racing is a future world champion.

"Sebastian Vettel is a future world champion. It is part of the new generation of drivers. He is intelligent, multilingual, works very well and is ready to learn from others, "said David Coulthard.

"There is no doubt he had in him all aspects of a future champion. "

dima_schumi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by dima_schumi » 23 Sep 2008, 20:19

Sebastian Vettel was elected driver of the year by the German federation of motor sport.

The official award ceremony will take place on 6 December in Frankfurt. In 2001, then aged fourteen years, Sebastian Vettel had already been sacred driver of the year in the junior category. :thumbsup:

dima_schumi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by dima_schumi » 25 Sep 2008, 20:16

"I always trust in the next year and I do not see this as a step backwards. I am convinced that Red Bull Racing is the right step for me. Obviously, the team still has much work to do, but it is not fair to say they are worse than the Scuderia Toro Rosso. Red Bull Racing is a good team for me for next year, "said Sebastian Vettel. :thumbsup:

sdasports
kart driver
kart driver

Post by sdasports » 27 Sep 2008, 18:59

Future world champion, that's all I can say, but then I said that bout Fisi in 97 and look wat happened when he had a competitive car...

dima_schumi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by dima_schumi » 28 Sep 2008, 10:19

With its great victory in the Grand Prix of Italy, Sebastian Vettel got a very nice seventh place in the streets of Singapore.

"It was very good qualifications for us. In Q2, we were in a comfortable position and we just needed to make a relay. And then in Q3, I think we've reached the maximum we could do today. After encountering difficulties yesterday, I did not expect to seventh place, but we have done a great job overnight and we seem to have found the right direction. I am sure it will be a long and difficult race tomorrow and very hot. We start from a position in points, so we try to bring some at home. "said vettel
good luck champion Flag:##

dima_schumi
kart driver
kart driver

Post by dima_schumi » 06 Oct 2008, 09:50

Dietrich Mateschitz, Red Bull boss reveals that half of the Formula 1 teams are interested in the services of Sebastian Vettel, after the great victory of the German Grand Prix of Italy.

"Half of the grid in Formula 1, covets. But Sebastian thinking not to leave Red Bull. It is part of our family, "said Dietrich Mateschitz to the Austrian newspaper Salzburger Nachrchten''''this weekend.

"We would be disappointed if we had indicated his intention to leave. However, he signed a contract to drive the best cars in one of the best teams, so we are obliged to provide it with Red Bull Racing next season. "

Finally, Dietrich Mateschitz think the Red Bull Racing in 2009, the RB5, will fight in front of the pack.

"Yes, (I think we can do that). It will be a completely new car and Newey is a guarantee that the likelihood of an edge car is very high. "