Reasons why people dislike Lewis Hamilton?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Reasons why people dislike Lewis Hamilton?

Post by kimi and mika » 05 Sep 2008, 15:12

- BeN - wrote:He is confident but not without good reason. Almost winning the championship on your first year is something special.
He should have won last year but he mucked it up big time! He should win this year and if he doesn't then it will be beacuse he mucks it up again! How can Hamilton be that good if he couldn't win the championship (from the position he was in the last races)!

And yep it's beacuse we support other drivers!

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by mikhailv » 11 Sep 2008, 18:51

F1 live:

Lewis Hamilton was defiant on Thursday when told many of his fellow F1 racers believe the FIA was right to penalise him for passing illegally at Spa Francorchamps.

Many corners of F1's spectator-base and press believe the 25-second penalty that retrospectively cost the McLaren driver his Belgian Grand Prix victory was unfair, but that was not a widespread sentiment among other drivers as they spoke at Monza.

The Ferrari drivers, Fernando Alonso and Jarno Trulli this week already sided with the stewards, and on Thursday it emerged that - even if they think Hamilton losing his win was harsh - Sebastien Bourdais, Nico Rosberg, Nick Heidfeld and Giancarlo Fisichella share similar opinions.

"I don't really understand why there's been such a mess around it," Toro Rosso's Bourdais said. "There's a rulebook and everybody has to obey the same thing. ''

Championship leader Hamilton seemed unmoved at Monza when he was told what his fellow drivers think.

"We always have our own opinions and they have a right to have theirs," the Briton said.

"It is always easy to have a certain opinion when you are not involved," the McLaren driver added, "or when you are the one who is not winning."

I dont think that comment wasnt very wise to say about the drivers who have agreed he gained an advantage and deserved a penalty (just not that harsh. I still say a 10 place grid penalty should have been) many who have won races. Im sure he didnt mean it in such a.... big headed/digging tone which comes across, but I think he should think abit more before making comments like that.

Does anyone else feel he's not exactly, popular?

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 11 Sep 2008, 19:37

Lewis : ''Nobody overtakes me on the outside' , he spun and there goes Kimi on the outside :p

He's so confident of himself

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 11 Sep 2008, 19:46

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70475
Q. But he(kimi) was braking much earlier than you?

LH: Well, that's his driving, that's all. That is how he drives. If you don't have the b*** to brake late then that is your problem! At the end of the day, in those situations it is the driver who can feel the grip more and put the car more on the edge. And I know I am great in those conditions. I felt the grip more than him, I knew where to place my car and I did place it in different positions to him and I found the grip.
another JV in making :p

I like this :cool:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 11 Sep 2008, 20:08

He should watch either Webber or Kubica's last lap for something ''Great in those conditions'' :p

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 11 Sep 2008, 20:22

"If he doesn't have the b*** to break later that's his problem"
ImageImage
ImageImage
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

alonso5
kart driver
kart driver

Post by alonso5 » 12 Sep 2008, 10:40

nice one zack

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 12 Sep 2008, 13:47

Just got this pic from ''Haukkinen''

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 13 Sep 2008, 08:20

I think u might have forgotten about Canada while giving out his statement.Does any one have Hamilton's email we can send the above pics to him
Desire has no limits

f1god123
car driver
car driver

Post by f1god123 » 13 Sep 2008, 22:31

i dont like him because he is one lucky person and he knows. plus and pressure he does not peform.
GO FERRARI GO MASSA!!!

Jaguar
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Jaguar » 15 Sep 2008, 17:29

Even Sato with all his crashes he made at first year , Lewis Hamilton with honor covers the accidents done by the japanese driver @ jordan ...

We have seen Lewis having good and bad times at first of the last season but suddenly ... problems came to McLaren , Alonso fans hate Lewis ! and at Spa last season Fernando have done a bad move over Lewis ... Fuji - Japan race everything is not going well many retired many crashed and SC came in ... suddenly , Mark Webber is out of track droping his wheel and we have seen Sebastian Vettel who was 3rd with a damaged front side .. in replay it was shown that Lewis have used a wrong move while he was following the SC who was far a bit he suddenly stopped ! and made Webber and Vettel crash , from this verry race i began to dislike him despite i still love his driving style :P

and so in this season we have seen the crash @ Canada that costed Kimi his championship fight and some points he could have added .. So lewis is now hated by Alonso fans , Kimi-Ferrari fans and me :P

josuegm
car driver
car driver

Post by josuegm » 16 Sep 2008, 13:28

Lol... Awesome!

I don't dislike him, albeit I'm Massa's supporter... So I hope he keeps having b*** to break late more often :D

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 22 Sep 2008, 15:50

Why i dislike him? Well i was a fan until Hungary last year, and then i finally saw what he's like.

And i always had some drivers i "hated" on the grid... most recent ones would be Hamilton, Alonso & Montoya (there were a lot others in the past)... so he's just the last in line :)

The problem with him is that he's too arrogant considering what he has achieved in F1. I even saw a video posted here of him, when the camera turns away he turns to Kimi and says "I'm taking you down". He is really 2 faced. One for the cameras is all smiles and patting each other on the back and when no one is recording he's himself again.

He also doesn't drive aggressive, he drives dirty. He will literally do anything to score as much as he can, and still think he was right the whole way.

And his best characteristic is that he actually thinks he's better than the F1 greats like Senna or Schumacher...

My only hope is that next year or after that the McLaren sucks so much he has to fight for P14 or lower, and then he will see what's it like to have a car that's can't even score points. Then we'll see if he is so good like he thinks he is.

You can't be a F1 driver if your first 2 F1 drives are in the best car on the grid. If he started in a Minardi or Force India, and driven there for a year i would have some respect for him. This way i do not have any.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 22 Sep 2008, 15:53

Lightning983 wrote:Why i dislike him? Well i was a fan until Hungary last year, and then i finally saw what he's like.

And i always had some drivers i "hated" on the grid... most recent ones would be Hamilton, Alonso & Montoya (there were a lot others in the past)... so he's just the last in line :)

The problem with him is that he's too arrogant considering what he has achieved in F1. I even saw a video posted here of him, when the camera turns away he turns to Kimi and says "I'm taking you down". He is really 2 faced. One for the cameras is all smiles and patting each other on the back and when no one is recording he's himself again.

He also doesn't drive aggressive, he drives dirty. He will literally do anything to score as much as he can, and still think he was right the whole way.

And his best characteristic is that he actually thinks he's better than the F1 greats like Senna or Schumacher...

My only hope is that next year or after that the McLaren sucks so much he has to fight for P14 or lower, and then he will see what's it like to have a car that's can't even score points. Then we'll see if he is so good like he thinks he is.

You can't be a F1 driver if your first 2 F1 drives are in the best car on the grid. If he started in a Minardi or Force India, and driven there for a year i would have some respect for him. This way i do not have any.
Thats hardly is his fault is it?

Not surprised with all the fanboys/biased views we don't have a Massa or Alonso hate thread.

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 22 Sep 2008, 16:14

He's succesful driver cuz of that people dislike him that's normal..
4ever McLaren...