2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Italian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 14 Sep 2008, 15:30

Lewis Hamilton
28%
Felipe Massa
37%
Robert Kubica
13%
Kimi Räikkönen
14%
Nick Heidfeld
1%
Heikki Kovalainen
4%
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Fernando Alonso
2%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
No votes

Total votes: 83

phil1993

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by phil1993 » 14 Sep 2008, 17:11

the ideal for me (2010, most of 2009 is sorted) is to keep McLaren the same, Kubica and Vettel in Ferrari, Heidfeld and Alonso in the BMW, Massa and Webber in the Red Bull.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 14 Sep 2008, 17:13

sejtur wrote:
scermat wrote:Kubica pls. i want to like Vettel :p
Why do you dislike (I don't hope it's hate) Ferrari?
Because he's a Mac fan. It's natural for Ferrari die-hards to hate Mac, and for Mac diehards (AKA the British press) to hate Ferrari.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 14 Sep 2008, 17:15

yes. dislike. multitude of reasons. pretty much same reasons most tifosi dislike/hate McLaren. but in a nutshell its mostly to do with their politics and italian mentality. which is so scarily close to maltese mentality which yeah, i dislike too. plus i'm McLaren. and when McLaren im not up there i support whoever is the biggest competition to ferrari (ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONSO)

i didnt like schumi-todt gang, hence i grew not to like Ferrari. my opinion of course.

as for kubica i dont like him because when i met him he acted like a complete d***. i met a fair share of drivers and people in F1 who at had more to boast about their achievments than kubica at that time. used to really like him before. on the track he's one hell of a driver tho.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 14 Sep 2008, 18:19

I've never liked Ferrari,basically I first watched F1 when they were winning everything and to see them lose a race was rare.Also I've never liked how the authorities always seemed to be on their side,and Ferrari seemed to get all the luck.I'm not a McLaren fan,they were first too bland and emotionless then too much of a soap opera.And the British press now love McLaren and Lewis to death,so I'm sick of seeing them.I simply always support the underdog,so today I was cheering on Vettel all race.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 14 Sep 2008, 18:26

This is getting to be more like a topic on Mac vs Ferrari.

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 14 Sep 2008, 18:29

Yeah its looking like it...No one has talked about Alonso he had a hairy moment with lewis.Hamilton's move on Alonso was quite dangerous what would have happened if Alonso have Hit him.Hamilton might have got penalized once again :)
Desire has no limits

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 14 Sep 2008, 18:37

syncmaster wrote:Yeah its looking like it...No one has talked about Alonso he had a hairy moment with lewis.Hamilton's move on Alonso was quite dangerous what would have happened if Alonso have Hit him.Hamilton might have got penalized once again :)
They touched. Go to page 54. I wrote about all the incidents there, and also did so in my post on "Rate the Italian Grand Prix".

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 14 Sep 2008, 18:41

I didn't see before thanks for telling......Now Championship is almost the same but just kimmi has fallen more behind......
Desire has no limits

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 14 Sep 2008, 18:43

scermat wrote:..but in a nutshell its mostly to do with their politics and italian mentality. which is so scarily close to maltese mentality which yeah, i dislike too.
Are you ethnically Maltese? Or British, or Spanish?

If you're Maltese, you're (to a certain extent) like me. I am deeply unpatriotic and depreciative to the British and Britain (although mainly England and Wales. I like the Irish and Scottish). Hence my dislike of Lewis Hamilton and McLaren.

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kimi and mika » 14 Sep 2008, 18:50

I disliked ferrari before, the reasons:

1. I supported Mika.
2. Schumacher cheated a lot
3. Schumacher got away with most of it
4. After Mika left, Ferrari won everything.

After Mika left I supported Kimi, he was great at McLaren and came so close to winning the championship there. It's just the car let him down at the most important moment. Then he said he was going to Ferrari, I had a choise, support McLaren, or Kimi. I chose Kimi and I feel it was the right desision. After he went there I realized that Ferrari were ok (now they got rid of schumy). McLaren are just annoying, Lewis isn't that good and everyone (in england) thinks he's the best. If he's the best why didn't he win the championship last year when any other driver could have (from the position he was in). If he doesn't win this year, then that's just ridiculous. Ron Dennis has changed and always supports Hamilton even if he's wrong (which is often). Hamilton never admits to his mistakes, and in Monza we saw that he might be more of a Schumy than a Senna, which is bad, we don't need another cheater who forces his rivals off the track to pass them. The Senna comment bring me on to ITV who are so biased, I which they would realize that 20 people are racing not just one! I felt a bit sorry for Hamilton in qualifying as it wasn't just him who got knocked out in Q2 but ITV made it seem like it was just him. I hate the british media and most of the public (not me, but my Dad, unfortunatly) who have been dis-illusioned into thinking Hamilton is the best. I mean my Dad said (while it was the race build up) that ITV were wrong and that Hamilton would win...sorry for ranting but it is so annoying.

Jayarem
car driver
car driver

Post by Jayarem » 14 Sep 2008, 19:00

kimi and mika wrote:I disliked ferrari before, the reasons:

1. I supported Mika.
2. Schumacher cheated a lot
3. Schumacher got away with most of it
4. After Mika left, Ferrari won everything.

After Mika left I supported Kimi, he was great at McLaren and came so close to winning the championship there. It's just the car let him down at the most important moment. Then he said he was going to Ferrari, I had a choise, support McLaren, or Kimi. I chose Kimi and I feel it was the right desision. After he went there I realized that Ferrari were ok (now they got rid of schumy). McLaren are just annoying, Lewis isn't that good and everyone (in england) thinks he's the best. If he's the best why didn't he win the championship last year when any other driver could have (from the position he was in). If he doesn't win this year, then that's just ridiculous. Ron Dennis has changed and always supports Hamilton even if he's wrong (which is often). Hamilton never admits to his mistakes, and in Monza we saw that he might be more of a Schumy than a Senna, which is bad, we don't need another cheater who forces his rivals off the track to pass them. The Senna comment bring me on to ITV who are so biased, I which they would realize that 20 people are racing not just one! I felt a bit sorry for Hamilton in qualifying as it wasn't just him who got knocked out in Q2 but ITV made it seem like it was just him. I hate the british media and most of the public (not me, but my Dad, unfortunatly) who have been dis-illusioned into thinking Hamilton is the best. I mean my Dad said (while it was the race build up) that ITV were wrong and that Hamilton would win...sorry for ranting but it is so annoying.
I don't think you can call Lewis a cheater. He was hard, but fair in Monza, and not in breach of the rules. You also simplify the reasons behind him losing the championship last season. it was no where near as simple as that.

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kimi and mika » 14 Sep 2008, 19:18

well Hamilton went to hard on tyres in China and destroyed his chances in Brazil...simple as that. You will say it was a problem with the car the reason he dropped down the order (after his first mistake) but lots of people think he hit the pit lane speed limiter.

Edit: Ok I didn't say Hamiton cheated but it looks like he'll turn into one, I don't want that, F1 doesn't need that. Hamilton needs to shut his mouth to, if you don't know why, ask and i'll say.

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 14 Sep 2008, 19:44

I like Ferrari because of the passion, the image, the Italians, the history, and alot more things. I like Schumi too because he was such a damn good driver, and he's very friendly in person, and not arrogant, unlike Hamilton, which is the reason why I dislike Hamilton. I also don't like the way he pushed Glock off the track today, and cut Alonso. But he's a good driver, no doubt. And I dislike McLaren because they're boring (Ferrari has alot more style and class imo.) , and I don't like Dennis, as he didn't say anything about that they had Ferrari documents while he knew it. And I strongly dislike the British press.

Scermat, how did kubica act, when you met him then? I thought he was a nice guy.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 14 Sep 2008, 20:10

Autosport said that Toyota pitted both drivers 3 times.. According to the FIA they only made 2.
Anyway, yeah, official lap chart above.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 14 Sep 2008, 22:23

I'm in disbelieve now that a team that joined at the same time as Super Aguri has now won a race not entirely based on luck. Really incredible when you think about it.