2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Italian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 14 Sep 2008, 15:30

Lewis Hamilton
28%
Felipe Massa
37%
Robert Kubica
13%
Kimi Räikkönen
14%
Nick Heidfeld
1%
Heikki Kovalainen
4%
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Fernando Alonso
2%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
No votes

Total votes: 83

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by scermat » 13 Sep 2008, 15:46

TwistedArmco wrote:
scermat wrote:i didnt say Massa did ****, i just said that Lewis's problem had nothing to do with his driving. Massa delivered when he needed to. lewis didnt. but his main issue wasnt driving ability but brain fade.

Im not blind, if you read my post you'll see i criticised Lewis more than anybody else.
No, but Ali is making the point that Lewis was setting slow times on wets while Massa set his ballpark time on wets at the same time, while Lewis was 3 seconds slower.

In Ali's opinion therefore (and I agree with him) Lewis problem looked to be a complete lack of confidence and therefore pace. That seems to be our take on it anyway.

You probably paid particular attention to Mac's FP2 performance. Lewis didn't run much, did he? Do you reckon that has something to do with their pace? Maybe a bad wet set-up/general set-up? That would be my guess, because Lewis certainly isn't a slouch. But it wasn't just the fault of their decision making, something looked wrong with that car/in that cockpit.. so.. well, make your own conclusions. Which me and Ali did.
yes of course, and i agree. that's basically what i said in my post too. Massa delivered when he needed to. Lewis and Kimi didn't.

i think Hams problem was he took approach to Q2 as usual where they can be reasonably confident that they make it. he was reasonably quick in the wet in Q1 so that's why i disagreed that it was lack of "talent". imo he went on intermediates so that confidence got blown out the window in an instant. add the worsened conditions to the time it takes to heat up those fresh extreme tyres with the shattered confidence and well... you might as well stop wasting fuel. he's only got himself to blame. but without that brain fade he couldve easily avoided this unlike others.

compare that to massa. he started easy impoving bit by bit. when he needed to deliver he had the confidence to do so and didnt disappoint. kudos to him. shows how much hes matured. my only other explanation would be that lewis and kimi also had a car set up for dry weather but that makes 0 sense as its no use going on a handicap with the setup when you qualified so bad you can change it anyways.

hopefully this will also help lewis come back down to earth. altough i wouldnt want him to going back to bahrain standards cause it would do him more harm than good imo.
Last edited by scermat on 13 Sep 2008, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 13 Sep 2008, 15:49

sejtur wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:I hope Allen is right by saying we can have a Japan 2005 style race. Its all set up perfectly for that.
especially remember who won that race :n
and in what :p

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 13 Sep 2008, 15:57

What a great qualifying, I cannot believe it, VETTEL ON POLE, great one. I hope he can get on the podium, a victory would be like a miracle. Go Sebastian!!!!!!

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 13 Sep 2008, 16:00

sejtur wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:I hope Allen is right by saying we can have a Japan 2005 style race. Its all set up perfectly for that.
It could be
a)kimi won the race
b)a mclaren won the race
c)the fastes driver in the race won it

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 13 Sep 2008, 16:13

scermat wrote:
sejtur wrote:
Yeah kimmi should win but one difference is there that is he is now in Ferrari
Desire has no limits

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 13 Sep 2008, 16:14

Okay i had a pretty sucky few days... but Vettel really made my day :)
I'm sooo glad he's on pole, although if it doesn't rain tomorrow he might be in trouble because i read somewhere they put a bit more downforce on the car...

Anyways, i was always happy when he did ok... even in the days he tested for BMW... but now, i know i've found someone to cheer for... and it was difficult to find someone after Schumacher... the best part it he's German :D Now is there ANY way possibile to piss off the UK press than having a German win races...

Ok, now some other parts, Qually was really really fun to watch. And all the drivers were constantly on the track improving their times, probably the best Qually of this year for me personally.
And as for Kimi, they should have canceled his contract for 2009. not hire him for 2010. I will be a die hard Ferrari fan forever, but i don't like the current drivers at all...

So here's hoping that tomorrow rains, and that Vettel wins :D

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 13 Sep 2008, 16:16

I almost forgot to ask all the Hamilton fans... didn't he run arround saying "Kimi doesn't have the b*** to break late, and i can find all the perfect braking spots, and grip when noone else can" ?? I think he said something like that.

So, i'm surprised, how come he couldn't "find the grip" today? i mean, he is the best thing that happened to F1 ever isn't he?

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 13 Sep 2008, 16:18

any non British win pisses off the UK press. just like any non ferrari win pisses off the Italians. so bourdais FTW! :@:2

sejtur
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by sejtur » 13 Sep 2008, 16:18

scermat wrote:
sejtur wrote:
hehe got me there :p

i really hope he does it this time in a Ferrari, the Italians will go crazy! :pray:
shail69 wrote:
sejtur wrote:
It could be
a)kimi won the race
b)a mclaren won the race
c)the fastes driver in the race won it
I pick a, b and c :p

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 13 Sep 2008, 16:29

scermat wrote:any non British win pisses off the UK press. just like any non ferrari win pisses off the Italians. so bourdais FTW! :@:2
UK press is a bit extreme... i can't imagine any of their newspapers talk so much bad things about McLaren as Gazzetta dello sport writes about Ferrari when they don't win. They're not pissed off at other for winning, they're pissed off at Ferrari NOT winning :D lol

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 13 Sep 2008, 16:47

The UK or Italians don't get pissed off i think,they might just give a extra spotlight
Desire has no limits

anishdudecool
kart driver
kart driver

Post by anishdudecool » 13 Sep 2008, 17:34

Lewis Hamilton has To win this race or come 2nd and need massa to finish some like 8th

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 13 Sep 2008, 17:44

Last edited by shailf1 on 13 Sep 2008, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 13 Sep 2008, 18:01

I would predict that their should same amount of rain as it was in last few mins of Q3 and Vettel and Bourdais should be quick and Kovalainen must be trying to pass them.And alots of spinning and accidents and safety car(or the race should start behind the safety car) and accidents should invole the championship contenders.
Desire has no limits

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 13 Sep 2008, 18:07

Toro Rosso isn't hiding the fact that they were running light
[u][url=http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70581]http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70581[/url][/u] wrote: Q. Tomorrow, what's achievable?

GA: I would be glad just to get in the points. I think most will depend on the climatic conditions and the levels of fuel – and we are lighter than most. That is for sure. The pole position does not come just because we are clever, we are obviously light.

I have to say it is going to be a difficult race. I do not fear the dry conditions that are expected and fuel on board will play an issue. Clearly we are on the light side but we will see how we can manage it, if we can go away or we stay with the pack. Let's see.
Meanwhile Ron Dennis said that Heikki has a "very good strategy" and some people think that he might be on one-stopper. We'll see...