2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Italian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 14 Sep 2008, 15:30

Lewis Hamilton
28%
Felipe Massa
37%
Robert Kubica
13%
Kimi Räikkönen
14%
Nick Heidfeld
1%
Heikki Kovalainen
4%
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Fernando Alonso
2%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
No votes

Total votes: 83

darthfury
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 79° GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA

Post by darthfury » 13 Sep 2008, 13:52

Irony. Thats the word.
The first pole position of Ferrari engine on other team than Scuderia Ferrari. And one more thing! It happened in ITALY!

rofl

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 13 Sep 2008, 13:53

TwistedArmco wrote:
scermat wrote:what an utterly stupid decision by Lewis and McLaren. they didnt even deserve P15 for that stupidity.

good luck to Massa for using his brain.
Well I'm very biased when it comes to Hamilton, but it's like Massa was in Hamilton's car and Hamilton was in Massa's!!

There was that much of a discrepancy between their confidence and pace. Kudos to Felipe. The past four races, (Hungary, Valencia, some of Belgium and so far at Monza) Massa has driven like a champion pretty consistently (in Belgium he drove "like a granny" rather than driving like Raikkonen, not utter pace, but thought and tact, and not putting it into a wall either).

Anyway, GP2 now.. :)
driving ability had nothing to do with it. lack of thought had.

you dont gamble like that in Q2. especially when you were so fast in Q1. not like he had a lot to gain by going different than the others.

anyway we'll see. but Massa might as well take it daaaaaaamn easy tomorrow he got the championship handed on a plate to him again this time and Lewis has no one to blame but himself this time. he might have b***, but he seemed to lack the braisn today.

i may be lewis fan but i say it the way it is. been like that and always will be. and here he failed big time when it came to decisions and risk taking. yes you need to take risks, but not when you're 2 points ahead of the championship leader and with just 4 other races remaining, and when your main rival is caught on the back foot. but anyway we'll see. hopefully him and raikko can make it out the 1st corner safely, we get no stupid penalties from the FIA, and them two can give us a good show. this is when lewis has to start to gamble. not in Q2. perhaps going light will be advantageous as there is a high risk of safety car in this weather or perhaps its better to just fuel up. at least they can tweak the car as much as they want which may or may not be an advantage.

but anyway. STR have shown again how far they've come. and i think we saw a great performance by fisichella too today. he was just 1 thousandth behind kubica and 2 hundreths behind Massa.
Last edited by scermat on 13 Sep 2008, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 13 Sep 2008, 13:53

F1Tracer wrote: can't wait for tomorrow !!!
can wait for Gp2
16.00 - 17.20 RACE 1 (32 laps= Km. 185,067) GP2 :n
TwistedArmco wrote::Off topic: Nice avatar Zack!!
thanks buddy :thumbsup:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 13 Sep 2008, 13:54

TwistedArmco wrote::Off topic: Nice avatar Zack!!

EDIT: equally off topic, listen out for the names Guttierrez, Geronomi, Bianchini and Juncadellia. They are the class of the FBMW series, and they will make waves in GP2, F3..
OFF TOPIC BELOW\|/

Have they all get good positions in FBMW qualifying? FBMW has been some of the best action of F1 weekends lately. (sorry, just thought i'd ask here)

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 13 Sep 2008, 13:56

Yes for me too, a noob is like Yuji Ide :tired:

Vettel is simply astonishing!! One of the Youngest pole sitter ever! If not the youngest! Bourdais also make a good job! Trulli is also there, in every condition he is well placed. Hovalainen 2nd.... the only top driver to be at the front. Massa didn't spin!! And the best placed of the four title contenders! Raikkonen and Hamilton at the back........ It will be an interesting race tomorrow ( except if both crash in the first chicane lol ! )

Last chance for Bourdais...... On this circuit, CART champions performed well : Andretti 3rd, Zanardi 4th on the starting grid and 2nd after the double chicane in 1999, Montoya won is first f1 race here, Villeneuve on the BAR in 1999 finished 8th. Only DaMatta hadn't a good race here.

Maybe Bourdais can make a good result, i hope :pray: ( or maybe he will crash at the first chicane )

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 13 Sep 2008, 13:59

Wow, what a thriller it was! #Fear

Kovalainen was the only consistent top team driver out there. Massa did relatively well too, though. And this might be crucial in the championship. Of course should it be raining tomorrow too, I don't think Hamilton's and Raikkonen's low start positions matter that much then. Kovalainen has always been good in wet conditions but I was still delighted of seeing him beat Hamilton. Even though Hamilton had his tyre woes, Kovalainen was still stronger in Q1 too.

But of course the star of today is Vettel, the youngest pole sitter ever, who made the best use of the variable conditions and deserves his pole. :) It is funny how Toro Rosso is the better Ferrari today, but we'll see how strong they are in the race. We could expect something surprising from Alonso as well.

Hehe, I hope we'll have a one big spectacle awaiting us tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 13 Sep 2008, 14:01

scermat wrote: driving ability had nothing to do with it. lack of thought had.
When Massa did his quick lap which was just enough for him to go thru Q3, it was exactly the same time and the same track conditions for both Kimi and Lewis on track to get their fast laps but they failed. Massa found that lap out of nowhere. Yes, McLaren did a big mistake by sending him on inters but then Lewis just couldn't manage to do when it mattered. Is it so hard to accept it? Even the überbiased James Allen accepted it. Come on guys, you went just blind when Lewis is concerned. It's not healthy.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 13 Sep 2008, 14:13

Tomorrow's race will be an epic.I will be not surprised if Vettel loose 1st position at the starting lap of the race.Kovalainen had his first podium in wets so he is the person to look out and he must be eager to put Belgium's disappointment back and massa he will be determined to put British Grand Prix disappointment.And Kimmi might be the taking a sensation win like Suzuka 05 and Hamilton will be trying to keep his lead in the championship and more 2 cars that are BMW they are also quick on the track
Desire has no limits

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 13 Sep 2008, 14:14

i didnt say Massa did s***, i just said that Lewis's problem had nothing to do with his driving. Massa delivered when he needed to. lewis didnt. but his main issue wasnt driving ability but brain fade.

Im not blind, if you read my post you'll see i criticised Lewis more than anybody else.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 13 Sep 2008, 14:20

Why I put Massa's condition into discussion is my intent to underline that Lewis' problem was also his driving, not only tactical blow. As you say "Massa delivered when he needed to. lewis didnt" Yes, Lewis didn't. That's the other point. Lewis' best time in Q2 1:39.265, while Massa's 1:36.676 and Kimi's 1:37.522. I hope I made my point of view clear.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 13 Sep 2008, 14:21

Prediction for tomorrow:

completely dry:

1. Kova
2. Massa
3. Raikkonen
4. Vettel
5 webber
6 Hamilton
7 Alonso
8 Bourdais

completely wet:

1 Vettel
2 Webber
3 Kova
4 Bourdais
5 Heidfeld
6 Alonso
7 Hamilton
8 Raikkonen

wet-dry-wet-dry etc: anything

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 13 Sep 2008, 14:23

Hamilton did not drive well.And also a mistake by Mclaren but aslo he would have improved but he didn't that doesn't mean that he is useless.
Desire has no limits

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 13 Sep 2008, 14:26

I think Vettel will get a podium,wet or dry tomorrow.Heikki should win,Massa could well get 2nd if its dry,while Lewis and Kimi will hopefully overtake the cars in front.Massa should lead the championship after tomorrow's race.

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 13 Sep 2008, 14:29

syncmaster wrote:Hamilton did not drive well.And also a mistake by Mclaren but aslo he would have improved but he didn't that doesn't mean that he is useless.
it does. he was useless in Q2. not in Q1 though. which is why i wouldnt call his driving abilities s***. his lap was quite good.

kova had the upper hand throughout. the only reason that can explain it is different setup but thats kind of pointless starting from 15th. Lewis has no one to blame but himself today and Massa showed how much he improved by making the most of an opportunity.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 13 Sep 2008, 14:29

i just think that Hamilton may make a mistake trying to overtake someone. France, Bahrain, think about it. He doesnt seem to like being patient and waiting in the midfield.