Hamilton digs at fellow drivers?

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Hamilton digs at fellow drivers?

Post by mikhailv » 11 Sep 2008, 18:30

F1 live:

Lewis Hamilton was defiant on Thursday when told many of his fellow F1 racers believe the FIA was right to penalise him for passing illegally at Spa Francorchamps.

Many corners of F1's spectator-base and press believe the 25-second penalty that retrospectively cost the McLaren driver his Belgian Grand Prix victory was unfair, but that was not a widespread sentiment among other drivers as they spoke at Monza.

The Ferrari drivers, Fernando Alonso and Jarno Trulli this week already sided with the stewards, and on Thursday it emerged that - even if they think Hamilton losing his win was harsh - Sebastien Bourdais, Nico Rosberg, Nick Heidfeld and Giancarlo Fisichella share similar opinions.

"I don't really understand why there's been such a mess around it," Toro Rosso's Bourdais said. "There's a rulebook and everybody has to obey the same thing. ''

Championship leader Hamilton seemed unmoved at Monza when he was told what his fellow drivers think.

"We always have our own opinions and they have a right to have theirs," the Briton said.

"It is always easy to have a certain opinion when you are not involved," the McLaren driver added, "or when you are the one who is not winning."

I dont think that comment wasnt very wise to say about the drivers who have agreed he gained an advantage and deserved a penalty (just not that harsh. I still say a 10 place grid penalty should have been) many who have won races. Im sure he didnt mean it in such a.... big headed/digging tone which comes across, but I think he should think abit more before making comments like that.

Does anyone else feel he's not exactly, popular?

phil1993

Re: Hamilton digs at fellow drivers

Post by phil1993 » 11 Sep 2008, 18:34

I think his status as the 'rookie-wonder' has gone and he has to accept that hes just like the other drivers. I dont think he meant it in an offensive way, but it does sound a bit arrogant.

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Hamilton digs at fellow drivers

Post by mikhailv » 11 Sep 2008, 18:38

phil1993 wrote:I think his status as the 'rookie-wonder' has gone and he has to accept that hes just like the other drivers. I dont think he meant it in an offensive way, but it does sound a bit arrogant.
I agree. Alot of things he says do come off quite arrogant, some are just downright denial of fault.

I think its up there with the stupid comment from canada ''Im sorry if I ruined his [kimi] race''.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: Hamilton digs at fellow drivers?

Post by iceman1 » 11 Sep 2008, 18:46

[mod]Please Follow this Thread - http://www.f1zone.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2865 - No Need to open a new thread about it - Locked[/mod]