2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 07 Sep 2008, 15:34

Lewis Hamilton
25%
Felipe Massa
33%
Kimi Räikkönen
31%
Robert Kubica
6%
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Nick Heidfeld
2%
Jarno Trulli
1%
Fernando Alonso
1%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
No votes

Total votes: 87

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by iceman1 » 07 Sep 2008, 21:39

Fergie1 wrote:http://www.petitiononline.com/belgp08/petition.html. Someone else made this. If you believe it was wrong, please sign it. 3500 already.
ok done :D I am not a Lewis Fan but i believe he deserves this win , The only way Bernie will listen is when he starts to lose money :D

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 07 Sep 2008, 21:43

hahaha okay it all makes sense now.

one of the stewards, Surinder Thatthi, is the same person who said loeb should be ashamed of himself for not shaving before a rally.

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 07 Sep 2008, 21:45

iceman1 wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:http://www.petitiononline.com/belgp08/petition.html. Someone else made this. If you believe it was wrong, please sign it. 3500 already.
ok done :D I am not a Lewis Fan but i believe he deserves this win , The only way Bernie will listen is when he starts to lose money :D
he might do that (lol). after today i'm considering giving a boycott to my F1 travels next year and go to the 24 hr of LeMans instead.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 07 Sep 2008, 22:03

swca92 wrote:Stefano Domenicali-"I have often said the race is not over until the official results are published and that was the case today"
For THEM, the race isn't over until the results are official. They will always keep looking to get the guy in front of them punished. And, as today, they will not be corrected. Because it lookes like they hand out the Penalties...
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 07 Sep 2008, 22:03

http://f1site.ifastnet.com/f1forum/view ... hp?f=2&t=2

If you are boycotting Monza. Set to guests posts.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 07 Sep 2008, 22:07

thanks for the link F!!
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Dark Templar
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Dark Templar » 07 Sep 2008, 22:17

Hamilton fanboys
lol

Soyyo
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soyyo » 07 Sep 2008, 22:22

Suntrek wrote:
Nonsense. Hamilton was pushed nowhere. Kimi had the racing line all the way. Hamilton should have realized that by being on the inside of Kimi in the chicane his only options were either to crash into Kimi or cut the chicane. He should have backed off and tried to overtake again later.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0xiGkc1yBY[/youtube]
Hamilton deserves the penalty because he did not properly allow Kimi to re-pass after overtaking him by cutting the chicane, you could see that Hamilton never gave back the position, what he did was repositioned his car, moving across and behind Kimi to the right-hand line and then outbraked him into the hairpin.
So it was a good decision by the stewards.
Somebody needs to explain to Hamilton what does it means to back off and give back a position. This is not the first time that Hamilton has problems cutting a chicane and not giving back the position, he must rethink his aproach in this type of incident.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 07 Sep 2008, 22:31

massa"[after the rain started falling] i was going very slow, like a grandmother" :p
wathcing bourdais interview was very sad, he was almost crying. so, sorry for him :(

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 07 Sep 2008, 22:37

lealjaime wrote:Many people in the world of f1 thinks for kimi its over and maybe its carrer its over also, but deep in myself...

I KNOW THIS RACE ITS GOING TO CHANGE ALL OF THAT

KIMI STRIKES BACK IN SPA :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

remember this words after the race you will seee.

:thumbsup:
i guess you didn't predict rain when you thought kimi would win?

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 07 Sep 2008, 22:38

umm... one thing come to mind... HAHA :D

I really dislike Hamilton (can't believe i was a fan more than a year ago), and i'm glad he was brought down to earth... he's so arrogant he deserves a reality check.

About the race... it was great, i actually lost my voice after yelling so much, my friends looked at me like i just escaped from a mental institution :D lol

The whole race was very interesting... lots of passes, and i sooooo wanted for Bourdais or Vettel to finish in great positions, but it wasn't meant to be... shame.
I am a ferrari fan, so hoping that one day vettell will be there, maybe hearing the german-italian combination of anthems in a few years :)

After i saw what Hamilton did, with cutting the chicane, i said to EVERYONE arround me he'll get punished for that... and he did. He let kimi pass an inch, and then continued. He should have learned his lesson in France, so i'm glad he's punished...

And Kimi... well he's a whole another story, i don't know what to say about his last 3 laps... maybe i'm more pissed off at ferrari for not calling both their drivers for inters.

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 07 Sep 2008, 22:49

i was thinking that kimi woujd be supporting massa at the start of the race but clearly not, does anyone think he will be ordered to support massa at monza or to just race for the win even if it takes points away from massa?

F1Tracer
kart driver
kart driver

Post by F1Tracer » 08 Sep 2008, 00:20

hello everyone,

first visit on the site .......... :)

i have to congrats the stuarts that correctly gave Hamilton's penalty as he never gave his position back to Kimi.

also if Kimi was smart enough, then he could brake in the middle of the straight and force (through the regulation) Lewis to break even more so Kimi could pass him before the first corner .........

As for Monza my prediction for the race is :

1. Felippe Massa Flag:##
2. Kimi Raikkonen
3. Robert Kubica

As a Ferrari fan i have to admit that i want Felippe as a world champion on the last race in front of his home fans at Interlagos :)
"You’re supposed to get” 100% efficiency. No guarantees, in networking as in life.

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 08 Sep 2008, 01:18

Fergie1 wrote:
Suntrek wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:Hamilton was pushed in the first place so he has every right not to be 50 car lengths behind. Hamilton had the corner and was pushed wide.
Nonsense. Hamilton was pushed nowhere. Kimi had the racing line all the way. Hamilton should have realized that by being on the inside of Kimi in the chicane his only options were either to crash into Kimi or cut the chicane. He should have backed off and tried to overtake again later.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0xiGkc1yBY[/youtube]
Hamilton had his nose in front so he has the right of way for turning in.
I hope you don't believe that yourself. Kimi had the racing line. Period. No racing driver worthy of the name would have yielded there.

I DO think that Hamilton's penalty was way too harsh, but by making excuses for him or claiming he had the right to do what he did you are not really helping him.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

uncleben
kart driver
kart driver

Post by uncleben » 08 Sep 2008, 01:27

First off let me say I'm a BMW fan so when I heard that Heidfeld got bumped up to second I was happy, but not at the cost of Hamilton. Cause if you watch the video he did get behind Kimi. Now it goes up to discussion how far back he should have gone but that as long as he is behind Kimi I would say it counts. But Merc should and has appealed it. Heres hoping they get it turned in their favor and its not like ferrari can say thats what caused Kimi to crash. Kimi crashed on his own accord so no fault on Hamilton.