2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 07 Sep 2008, 15:34

Lewis Hamilton
25%
Felipe Massa
33%
Kimi Räikkönen
31%
Robert Kubica
6%
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Nick Heidfeld
2%
Jarno Trulli
1%
Fernando Alonso
1%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
No votes

Total votes: 87

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by blizzard » 05 Sep 2008, 20:54

Suntrek wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:
Suntrek wrote: No probs, happens all the time. :D

Otherwise, if this FP is anything to go by - things look promising for tomorrow! :)
Yah! I want to see Alonso scoop up some good points, like 4th place or a podium would be mega. I'm not even going to say that he's in with a chance for the win, because unless something spectacular happens, then he's not. But I predict a good gridspot, especially if it rains..
I agree, but his best lap was amazing. It's the first time I've seen him been able to throw the car around at his will like that since 2006, I think. No corrections, no counter-steering, no going a bit wide here, no sliding a bit too high on the kerbs there. The R28 obeyed him! Had traction! And was fast! :blink:

But yeah, I know I know...it's only FP and things can look totally different in qualy and in race.

Hopefully they wont, but I'm not counting on it. :pray:

Would be great to see Alonso winning on sunday to be honest.
He´s currently the best driver in Formula 1, it´s a shame he hasn´t been able to win a single race this year. I hope his car is good enough in the rain, if it rains on sunday and he gives everybody a beating. Especially Hamilton :p

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 05 Sep 2008, 21:14

i think massa is being serious and concentrated now. in fp2, you hardly saw any mistakes off him while other drivers were locking brakes, missing apex and going wide and he was consstently doing good laps when it was raining lightly in fp2.

ScuderiaFan
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ScuderiaFan » 05 Sep 2008, 22:23

blizzard wrote:
Suntrek wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:

Otherwise, if this FP is anything to go by - things look promising for tomorrow! :)
Yah! I want to see Alonso scoop up some good points, like 4th place or a podium would be mega. I'm not even going to say that he's in with a chance for the win, because unless something spectacular happens, then he's not. But I predict a good gridspot, especially if it rains..
I agree, but his best lap was amazing. It's the first time I've seen him been able to throw the car around at his will like that since 2006, I think. No corrections, no counter-steering, no going a bit wide here, no sliding a bit too high on the kerbs there. The R28 obeyed him! Had traction! And was fast! :blink:

But yeah, I know I know...it's only FP and things can look totally different in qualy and in race.

Would be great to see Alonso winning on sunday to be honest.
He´s currently the best driver in Formula 1, it´s a shame he hasn´t been able to win a single race this year. I hope his car is good enough in the rain, if it rains on sunday and he gives everybody a beating. Especially Hamilton :p
tottally agreed for alonso . and it would be more greater to see him driving for the scuderia in 2010 .. man really want him behind the wheels of ferrar cars .. he would be ubeatable
Remember this one "A Formula 1 race without Ferrari cars is useless" ScuderiaFan

plato
car driver
car driver

Post by plato » 05 Sep 2008, 22:32

Hi everybody )
I suppose, Massa should get the main prize during this weekend. My forecast for a young brazilian - 80/20. Lewis Hamilton also can get it - 70/30. I am a SF fan, but can't say that Raikkonen would be able to get the fourth win in Spa.
I suppose, Felipe Massa should win it. Hamilton was nearly 0.3 s a lap behind him during the last FP.

TheRealNoelF1
car driver
car driver

Post by TheRealNoelF1 » 05 Sep 2008, 22:53

Free Practice is not that important... and the fact that the rain will come tomorrow (maybe) makes me think...

It's too early to say who can win the grand prix, but today Massa was very consistent, so if i have to bet my last two pennies i wud say Felipe fer now.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 05 Sep 2008, 23:51

I see Massa was flying the helicopter in Practice 2. :p

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 06 Sep 2008, 00:17

Williams look to be picking up again with their new front wing after picking up a heap of time in P2 with Nico setting his time whilst on a drying track, Hope his form continues into tomorrow.

Nektar
car driver
car driver

Post by Nektar » 06 Sep 2008, 00:50

Hi Everyone, its perhaps not the best place for such request.. but still.. since it's "Spa HotSpot".. let get it on //-_-\\.
The Start of my day was pretty...pretty bad.. since my Sat Recorder just f#%! up Practice 1 & 2... resulted in a Hell of a mood :o
Now that i'am back from work.. im roaming.. everywhere, Hoping to find some Great Guys/Community which rec it.. & Up it on-line.
i Found a really brief video somewhere with F1Zone Url written on it.
I'm here, just me & my Hopes.. registered.. but had the "15 post limit" sad news when i tried to access vids section :|
Missing 3 hours of F1 can just be called ---> Pain (:
Any Idea to make my day better ? :pray:

Nektar

P.s. : English isn't my main.. excuse the incoherences which could occur.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 06 Sep 2008, 01:14

Nektar wrote:Hi Everyone, its perhaps not the best place for such request.. but still.. since it's "Spa HotSpot".. let get it on //-_-\\.
The Start of my day was pretty...pretty bad.. since my Sat Recorder just f#%! up Practice 1 & 2... resulted in a Hell of a mood :o
Now that i'am back from work.. im roaming.. everywhere, Hoping to find some Great Guys/Community which rec it.. & Up it on-line.
i Found a really brief video somewhere with F1Zone Url written on it.
I'm here, just me & my Hopes.. registered.. but had the "15 post limit" sad news when i tried to access vids section :|
Missing 3 hours of F1 can just be called ---> Pain (:
Any Idea to make my day better ? :pray:

Nektar

P.s. : English isn't my main.. excuse the incoherences which could occur.
You won't find full practice sessions here. Just clips. And 15 posts applies to everyone.

Nektar
car driver
car driver

Post by Nektar » 06 Sep 2008, 02:08

i guess it does.. the point was just that i wanted badly to try gettin' thoses 3 hours back before Saturday Spa Sessions :|
Hi btw :o

cheng.damien
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by cheng.damien » 06 Sep 2008, 06:31

When Kimi is fired up, he is the best man at Spa.
I hope he gets the win here, to revive his championship challenge.

cheng.damien
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by cheng.damien » 06 Sep 2008, 06:34

Suntrek wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:

Oh and iceman1 - now I can finally visit this place without having to take my nerve pills first.
Thank you! :)
Just curious, do you know if he was on low fuel?

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 06 Sep 2008, 06:42

cheng.damien wrote: Just curious, do you know if he was on low fuel?
Can't really predict that ... FP any amount of fuel could have been inside. Moreover teams might have even been looking at some other results. If its rainy weekend, then probably more people will look at heavy fuel to start with there by giving them the chance to play with their strategy ...

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 06 Sep 2008, 06:50

it shows that, on a track they say is the greatest track, Alonso goes top in an inferior car.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 06 Sep 2008, 07:40

phil1993 wrote:it shows that, on a track they say is the greatest track, Alonso goes top in an inferior car.
well ITV told that at last when massa was going for his last flying lap, it started to rain, look at fp2 highlights.

And there are a lot of unknowns, we have seen midfield drivers topping the timesheets in pactice sessions.