2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 07 Sep 2008, 15:34

Lewis Hamilton
25%
Felipe Massa
33%
Kimi Räikkönen
31%
Robert Kubica
6%
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Nick Heidfeld
2%
Jarno Trulli
1%
Fernando Alonso
1%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
No votes

Total votes: 87

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Belgian Grand Prix

Post by iceman1 » 05 Sep 2008, 15:37

Raikkonen has been finned with 4900€ for exceeding the pit lane speed limit two times

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 05 Sep 2008, 15:44

in Valencia he can't wait to get away from the pitlane and hurt a pit crew member and now he exceeds the speed limit TWO times. What's up with Kimi ???? :oh: :pout:

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 05 Sep 2008, 15:50

Looks like Kimmi wants to be fast "Kimmi pitlane is not the place you suppose to be fast,be fast on track and get a race win or a podium" said by me :)
Desire has no limits

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 05 Sep 2008, 15:50

^^^ nothing unusual with it happens sometime.

Only saw last few mins of fp2 ... seems like Massa will have edge over rest!
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 05 Sep 2008, 15:58

Ferrari is definitely strong at Belgium. I think also Williams will be fast, maybe they can score some valuable points on Sunday. I think Toyota will be strong again. Lets see what BMW Sauber can do, maybe a podium...

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 05 Sep 2008, 16:05

I was at school so missed practice...seems like Alonso and the Ferraris are quick,McLaren may need rain to win this race.I'm hoping for rain,especially in qualifying.A dry race with faster cars overtaking the cars that went well in the wet would be great to watch.

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 05 Sep 2008, 16:07

i think a wet qualifying seesion will mix up the starting grid very much, maybe we'll see a Force India in Q2 or even Q3 then

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 05 Sep 2008, 16:17

Arrows_F1 wrote:i think a wet qualifying seesion will mix up the starting grid very much, maybe we'll see a Force India in Q2 or even Q3 then
They may be upto Q2 but not Q3.Q3 will be in dreams

has any looked at the Mclearn's new rear wing,they tested it two or three races ago(dont remeber when)it almost looks like Ferrari's will it help them to secure a win in spa but not this year :p .IT will be a Ferrari 1,2 :pray:
Desire has no limits

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 05 Sep 2008, 17:50

Kimi's unused track time could be one of the deciding factors of tomorrow's quali and sunday's race. He has always had some diffuculties when he couldn't finish Friday programme completely. This weekend may be one of Kimi's bad results, which I don't hope.

Massa is really hooked up. He's quick and stable and consistent. If Kimi couldn't manage to overcome Friday's track time issues, Massa will be unbeatable, so will Ferrari. I don't see McLaren will be a fighter for win on Sunday. Lewis will want to keep his point advantage.

Here is the weather forecast (By the way, at the begining of the season, first posts of races were really satisfying and full of information. Nowadays, they are just the first posts.)

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 05 Sep 2008, 17:55

Ali wrote:Kimi's unused track time could be one of the deciding factors of tomorrow's quali and sunday's race. He has always had some diffuculties when he couldn't finish Friday programme completely. This weekend may be one of Kimi's bad results, which I don't hope.

Massa is really hooked up. He's quick and stable and consistent. If Kimi couldn't manage to overcome Friday's track time issues, Massa will be unbeatable, so will Ferrari. I don't see McLaren will be a fighter for win on Sunday. Lewis will want to keep his point advantage.

Here is the weather forecast (By the way, at the begining of the season, first posts of races were really satisfying and full of information. Nowadays, they are just the first posts.)

I suppose people don't always have the time to update it.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 05 Sep 2008, 18:01

Fergie1 wrote:I suppose people don't always have the time to update it.
It has nothing to do with time but care. It will be much better if first posts would be opened in a standard and same way providing lots of information at one time. I could be done, nothing special.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 05 Sep 2008, 18:15

Ali wrote:Here is the weather forecast (By the way, at the begining of the season, first posts of races were really satisfying and full of information. Nowadays, they are just the first posts.)
you can help the "first poster" by pming additional information :O

To First Poster: "Mods: Feel free to add anything you have" != (not equal) Auto update :p . Don't start topic so early that you aren't able to fetch enough information.

Updated the First Post. :)

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 05 Sep 2008, 18:39

Zack wrote:
Ali wrote:Here is the weather forecast (By the way, at the begining of the season, first posts of races were really satisfying and full of information. Nowadays, they are just the first posts.)
First poster should feel that responsibility to add up or update the post. You have changed first posts so many times by adding a warning "huge rework", remember. When I was Mod, I also did and added so many things to provide a decent post for users. So, you shouldn't except plain users to warn the first poster all the time, which increases entropy in the forum ;) It's not a solution, but of course it's a help.

Do not take it as personal. It's just a proposal for improvement. I hope responses will be, if any, at same level.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 05 Sep 2008, 18:58

Ali wrote:
Zack wrote:
First poster should feel that responsibility to add up or update the post. You have changed first posts so many times by adding a warning "huge rework", remember. When I was Mod, I also did and added so many things to provide a decent post for users. So, you shouldn't except plain users to warn the first poster all the time, which increases entropy in the forum ;) It's not a solution, but of course it's a help.

Do not take it as personal. It's just a proposal for improvement. I hope responses will be, if any, at same level.
I completely agree with you ..hopefully GP Thread starters will take this in good spirit.
Btw ... i know that "huge rework" words somewhere down the line it hurt ....its was kind of spontaneous reaction :$

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 05 Sep 2008, 20:46

TwistedArmco wrote:
Suntrek wrote: No probs, happens all the time. :D

Otherwise, if this FP is anything to go by - things look promising for tomorrow! :)
Yah! I want to see Alonso scoop up some good points, like 4th place or a podium would be mega. I'm not even going to say that he's in with a chance for the win, because unless something spectacular happens, then he's not. But I predict a good gridspot, especially if it rains..
I agree, but his best lap was amazing. It's the first time I've seen him been able to throw the car around at his will like that since 2006, I think. No corrections, no counter-steering, no going a bit wide here, no sliding a bit too high on the kerbs there. The R28 obeyed him! Had traction! And was fast! :blink:

But yeah, I know I know...it's only FP and things can look totally different in qualy and in race.

Hopefully they wont, but I'm not counting on it. :pray:

Oh and iceman1 - now I can finally visit this place without having to take my nerve pills first.
Thank you! :)
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.