Who can be WDC? Massa-Hamilton-Kimi ???

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Who can be WDC? Massa-Hamilton-Kimi ???

Post by f1freak » 25 Aug 2008, 05:56

Hello Guys.

After seeing the second consecutive engine failure for Ferrari & with Kimi the unlucky one what do u think or predict ,who can be WDC 2008 & Constructors Champions for 2008 with 6 Rounds to go & a new track to face ? Come on Put in your posts.

I think that Ferrari might support Massa more than Kimi as he is leading Kimi in points & tied with the same number of race wins with Lewis.

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Who can be WDC? Massa-Hamilton-Kimi ???

Post by syncmaster » 25 Aug 2008, 21:52

i think it will be massa and it will be strong battle between him and Hamilton and there will be competition for third place in championship as kimmi is not showing any feature of WDC and kubica is scoring points.And for the Belgium race i think massa should get the setup of the car very soon in FP1 so that he can reserve his engine and push hard for the victory in the race.Ferrari's engine is not capable of travelling a distance of two races???

And a problem from engine at this time of season is a very very bad sign
Desire has no limits

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 25 Aug 2008, 22:05

Well who knows.The races ahead have many variables.Spa,Fuji and Shanghai have history of being rain affected and there's the night race in Singapore. Who knows what will happen,but I predict Hamilton to win the title at the last race,because of his wet weather ability and that he's more consistent than Massa.

MrPonx
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by MrPonx » 26 Aug 2008, 05:27

Wish = Kimi
2nd option = Massa
Reality = Hamilton

kimi and mika
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by kimi and mika » 28 Aug 2008, 17:20

Well if Hamilton doesn't win the title it will be down to his let-downs (like last year). I believe Kimi can come back (he did last year) but it will be harder as McLaren have a better car and have a 1st and 2nd driver (no matter what Ron says) and Massa is in good form, but if Kimi has one good race he will beat Massa. I don't think Ferrari will favour anyone just yet only if Kimi is out of the hunt or Massa is very close 1/2 races from the end. I want to see this in Spa, http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aNH0xNvr13s , 4 in a row, Come on!

McLaren-F1
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by McLaren-F1 » 28 Aug 2008, 17:40

i think it'll be really close between Hamilton-Massa but Hamilton learned from his mistakes and he now knows what to do i think Lewis will clinch the title..
4ever McLaren...

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 28 Aug 2008, 18:57

I think Räikkönen will strike back at Belgium and Massa or Hamilton will score just a few points or no points, and the race for the championship will be closer again

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 28 Aug 2008, 19:36

any of the 3 are very much capable of winning the wdc. it's a bit too early as there are still a lot of races to go. regarding ferrari's engine troubles, i think they're tweaking around with their engines and maybe pushed a bit too far. they can either revert back to the old spec (and probably finish behind hamilton/kova) or retain it and find quick remedies. in my opinion (w/o being biased), ferrari feels that they need to get more out of their engine as those aero updates tend to give minimal to no advantage at all (as other teams can easily copy these).

CaughtFlying
car driver
car driver

Post by CaughtFlying » 29 Aug 2008, 08:59

Well i think it is very hard o predict :oh: ... i wasnt expecting massa to win the race really but he did :shhh: ... he proved to be a top class driver this season but there r alot to consider, like, will ferrari back to its pace n fix its lack of reliability or not? will hamilton do any mistakes? cause he's been doing alot of unexpected errors this season like hitting kimi's ferrari in the pit in the canadian GP i believe, will kimi recalls his pace again? will make a big difference in the standings ... ferrari is not a normal team its a top team n recalls its pace can happen in two weeks very easy i believe, so it could happen n it wont, plus kovalainen is not a podium contender so its hamilton playing alone in the mclaren playground, plus r we going to see surprises? ''hmm'' ... n this season r full of it as we all know...

For myself i beleive that if hamilton finds away to control his game he is 90% the new world champion, if ferrari back to its pace again then its massa's Flag:##
BMW-SAUBER-F1

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Aug 2008, 09:52

I think it definately will be between Hamilton and Massa, but who will be the champ.. I really don't know, maybe it will be decided by the weather conditions as it looks like the Ferraris are doing a better job in hot conditions. But the only GP which will be really hot, will be the GP of Monza..
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

__kj__
kart driver
kart driver

Post by __kj__ » 29 Aug 2008, 11:09

I wish it would be Robert, but thats probably not posibble this year...
So my second favorite driver is Kimi, but I think it will be Hamilton :(
Image :n

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 30 Aug 2008, 09:29

From http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70103
Raikkonen to support Massa if needed

By Michele Lostia and Pablo Elizalde Thursday, August 28th 2008, 09:29 GMT

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali says world champion Kimi Raikkonen will play a supporting role to teammate Felipe Massa if needed to secure the title.

"If needed, Kimi will help Felipe," Domenicali was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"We spoke about it at the beginning of the year.

"Before then, however, let's see how things evolve."

Raikkonen has struggled to match Massa's pace in recent races and the Finn has not won since the Spanish Grand Prix in April.

Massa, currently in second place in the standings seven points ahead of Raikkonen, has won four times to the Finn's two.

Domenicali is convinced, however, that Raikkonen will return to form.

"For me it doesn't represent a problem. He'll react, he'll soon be strong again, he knows how to keep away from criticisms and polemics," he added.

The team boss said it was up to the team to give Raikkonen a car he feels comfortable with.

"He isn't happy with the way the car enters corners. He would like it more aggressive, and this influences him. It's up to us to carry on giving him a hand."

Domenicali is also adamant that Massa is strong enough to win the championship.

"Certainly. We will have to give him an always competitive car. He's mature to manage it and we'll help him."

The Italian conceded the team cannot afford losing any more points through reliability problems, and revealed Ferrari have strengthen their quality control process.

"We can't anymore afford the luxury of losing important results because of reliability problems," he said. "However, it's also true that McLaren last year had 35 points more than today, and we had 16 more.

"It's been decided to strengthen controls over the whole component production of the cars. We have 40 people between metallurgy and quality department.

"What is about to start in two weeks' time in Belgium will be a sprint championship over six races, so we can't give away anything anymore."
It's far too early to write off Raikkonen ...

- BeN -
car driver
car driver

Post by - BeN - » 03 Sep 2008, 17:03

I think Hamilton will win the championship.

TheRealNoelF1
car driver
car driver

Post by TheRealNoelF1 » 03 Sep 2008, 23:08

MrPonx wrote:Wish = Kimi
2nd option = Massa
Reality = Hamilton

Perfect :thumbsup:

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 04 Sep 2008, 18:48

MrPonx wrote:Wish = Kimi
2nd option = Massa
Reality = Hamilton
+1 Flag:##