Alonso to Ferrari in 2011? (see P.16)

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: Alonso to Ferrari or Honda or BMW ???

Post by syafiqa » 19 Aug 2008, 11:28

Arrows_F1 wrote:red definitely doesn't suit Alonso. It's like you would put Kimi into a Renault or Honda race suit.
Lol.. I dont think so.. ''hmm''
It's just Kimi appearance is much2 mesmerize in red.. :roll::
plus yaah.. his good looking..just bonus to him as f1 driver. :@:2

ScuderiaFan
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ScuderiaFan » 19 Aug 2008, 16:54

i don't think there will a surprice on which team alonso is gonna join next year .. he might stay with Reanult for anather year
Remember this one "A Formula 1 race without Ferrari cars is useless" ScuderiaFan

Ace
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Ace » 23 Aug 2008, 01:28

There will be many factors which will determine Alonso's decision. Kimi's future is one of them. One thing is for sure. There is 1000000% chance that at Honda or at Ferrari he will have clear No:1 status.

IMO great driver, problematic character which won't do any good to any team.
"I'm flattered people are comparing me with Lewis" Stirling Moss

fabcesc
car driver
car driver

Post by fabcesc » 24 Aug 2008, 14:30

alonso will definitely end up at ferrari but not until 2010. maybe if kimi goes this year then he might arrive sooner than expected.

Ken0bi007
car driver
car driver

Post by Ken0bi007 » 24 Aug 2008, 18:51

I doubt him going to honda. I think he's tired of going downhill.
I suspect Raikkonen will pull out one of these years. Alonso would be good replacement.

senna74
car driver
car driver

Post by senna74 » 25 Aug 2008, 14:28

Alonso is going to BMW next year for a one year contract, hoping that Kimi doesn't renew his with Ferrari, Banco Santander (biggest in spain) withdrew from Mclaren and signed a deal with Ferrari starting from 2010

nathan_212
car driver
car driver

Post by nathan_212 » 27 Aug 2008, 02:47

Alonso will drive for Ferrari theres no question about it, its just a matter of when and who he will replace which I and many others think is Kimi but I don't want Kimi to retire I think its a little to early, I'd like to see him win at least one more title.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 27 Aug 2008, 17:01

Alonso may driver for Ferrari sooner or later. But it would be interesting to see how they handle it !

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 29 Aug 2008, 19:15

Ferrari - best choice!, BMW - ??? (maybe win a race or two), Honda - poor choice short-term, but may bear fruit in the future

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 29 Aug 2008, 20:00

sanredrose wrote:Alonso may driver for Ferrari sooner or later. But it would be interesting to see how they handle it !
Luca confirms that Kimi will drive next year (along with Massa):

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29082008/ ... -2009.html

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 29 Aug 2008, 20:29

sanredrose wrote:Alonso may driver for Ferrari sooner or later. But it would be interesting to see how they handle it !
If they've got their sights set on him, they better have their sights set on a title with him and not his team-mate too. Because, unless he was team-mates with someone he respects (Kimi or Kubica maybe??) AND unless he's learnt from the civil war at McMerc, then he wouldn't want to be anything but cosseted and favoured.. Maybe Ferrari should hire Sebastian Bourdais for 2010 then. :)

In all seriousness, I hope Ferrari play this right if they're going to play it at all, otherwise it could fall down around their ears.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 29 Aug 2008, 20:37

not necessary!

Personally, i want kimi to retire @ 2011 if not then only Vettel or Kubica is welcomed :) .. in short respectable fast & consisitent drivers :O .
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 29 Aug 2008, 20:44

Perhaps BMW have begun to open the door for Alonso??
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70097

BMW Sauber have told Nick Heidfeld that he must lift his game more to convince them he has got over his early season problems with their car if he wants to remain as Robert Kubica's teammate next year. The Hinwil-based team have, as autosport.com exclusively predicted in May, taken up Kubica's option for 2009.

High level sources have also revealed that attempts by BMW chiefs to tie Kubica down for their preferred three-year period failed, with the Pole adamant he wants to be a free agent for 2010 (read this week's edition of Autosport for an indepth analysis on Kubica's situation).

Kubica's new deal is unlikely to be announced until the team know who his teammate will be, and Heidfeld's up-and-down form is making their decision on him far from straightforward.

For although Heidfeld had made big progress in recent races to overcome the qualifying issues, setbacks in Hungary and Valencia have once again cast doubts about how on top of the issues he is.

And BMW motorsport director Mario Theissen has made it clear that he wants to see more strong qualifying performance from Heidfeld before he is sure that the German is the right man for his team in 2009.

When asked by autosport.com if he had seen enough yet of Heidfeld's step forward to be convinced for next year, Theissen said: "I am not sure. What we saw in Valencia was mixed again and, in the second run in qualifying two, it was almost a perfect lap. He was struggling before in two specific areas of the track and in that one lap he was able to do that very cleanly.

"I hope it gives him the confidence to be strong again in the races, he has been strong, I think he will be back on track."

When asked if the qualifying factor was going to play a key factor in his team's driver decision for 2009, Theissen said: "It has to, because if you look what you can do from P10, it is limited."

BMW Sauber have not confirmed their taking up of Kubica's option, or the fact they would have preferred a three-year deal, although Theissen did admit last weekend that longer term contracts were more favourable.

"In F1 stability is an important factor, that is what I can say," he said. "That applies to the driver as well as to the key engineers, even the operational tasks. It is so important.

"Generally, I would favour a longer term arrangement on the driver side."

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Aug 2008, 21:15

Yes.. Heidfeld should really lift his game!! I mean: Come on!! His qualifications are a disaster, a really disaster, his race is a little bit better, but far away from the performances of Robert Kubica.

Idea: Klein in, Heidfeld out, for the non-European GPs who are left this season
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 29 Aug 2008, 22:01

READ THIS!!
The latest rumour, but it's not from a really reliable website :p :
http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/mo ... =1&catid=1
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at