2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 24 Aug 2008, 16:50

Lewis Hamilton
28%
Kimi Räikkönen
38%
Felipe Massa
24%
Robert Kubica
5%
Nick Heidfeld
No votes
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Fernando Alonso
4%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
1%

Total votes: 76

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by syafiqa » 24 Aug 2008, 15:14

Thats life.. :tired:
when u do well which can mesmerize others, you will got praise and idolize by others.
But then, when one day u make a mistake (posibbly a terrible mistake), then you will know whos friends and whos not. :(

Everybody make mistakes. Thats the nature of us as GOD creatures. We cannot avoid it. As a human being, we are weak.
As long as we ask for forgiveness if we make a mistakes, then it is the best things which we can do. :roll::

Keep flying Kimi. I will always be your true fans. :wave:
I'm miss to watch Kimi win the races. Hope this coming Spa, will medicate me.
Love Kimi forever. :thumbsup:

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 24 Aug 2008, 15:14

hannibal_rising wrote:Kimi was interviewed by Italian Television about the pit accident and said that "MAYBE it was his fault... that he doesn't know..." :p

Maybe he did that because it is an italian Traffic Light... and in Italy usually yellow means "Accelerate" instead of "Break!!".. :roll::
(if you wonder... I live in Italy... and I know that a red light here doesn't mean much... anyway you have to look if the cars had really stopped)
In Italy, no conventional road rules mean much. The only way to cross a Roman road is to get together with a group of people and walk in front of the cars so that they (grudgingly) stop. And even then, some dicks on mopeds just go in between all the stopped cars and people trying to cross.
Mind you, that's why Rome is Rome, Italians are cool, and why I enjoyed my Rome trip far more than any trip I've ever had except to London or Berlin. :)

(Sorry, Hannibal. I just feel really bitter and annoyed atm.)
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 24 Aug 2008, 15:18

Its official.

Code: Select all

http://www.fia.com/europegp/documents/EUR_08_Document_41.pdf

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 24 Aug 2008, 15:27

TwistedArmco wrote:
hannibal_rising wrote:Kimi was interviewed by Italian Television about the pit accident and said that "MAYBE it was his fault... that he doesn't know..." :p

Maybe he did that because it is an italian Traffic Light... and in Italy usually yellow means "Accelerate" instead of "Break!!".. :roll::
(if you wonder... I live in Italy... and I know that a red light here doesn't mean much... anyway you have to look if the cars had really stopped)
In Italy, no conventional road rules mean much. The only way to cross a Roman road is to get together with a group of people and walk in front of the cars so that they (grudgingly) stop. And even then, some dicks on mopeds just go in between all the stopped cars and people trying to cross.
Mind you, that's why Rome is Rome, Italians are cool, and why I enjoyed my Rome trip far more than any trip I've ever had except to London or Berlin. :)

(Sorry, Hannibal. I just feel really bitter and annoyed atm.)
Don't worry. Once a woman ran over me because she did not stop at a red light... yesterday I was riding in bicycle and I saw like seven motorcycle running in my cycle path (reserved for bicycles...)... Lots of times I been quite near to have accidents because how bad they drive here... and I'm not Italian anyway... :p

Good thing Massa has just a fine for the problem in the pits... anyway, that should be paid for the team, not for Massa.

Is there a supermarket near the circuit or what?... so many plastic bags flying around there....

ScuderiaFan
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ScuderiaFan » 24 Aug 2008, 15:29

So does massa keep his points and victory without any penalties affect his championchip race ????

10000 euros isn't a big deal for the scuderia
Remember this one "A Formula 1 race without Ferrari cars is useless" ScuderiaFan

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 24 Aug 2008, 15:34

there's your consistency! so valencia was a track where you'd get penalised only if you get a sporting advantage.

i'm remembering so many incidents that got penalised where no sporting advantage was gained right now dating back to ages ago! like when montoya got DQ for having his pit crew leave his car a few seconds too late. cant see what possible sporting advantage that might have given him. or even this year when lewis oversteered on lap 1 over the chichane after overtaking bourdais.

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 24 Aug 2008, 15:35

Kimi was just wanting to get ahead of Heikki at that time, I believe his eyes was focused on the lights, but unfortunately he released the clutch too early and it happened

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 24 Aug 2008, 15:36

ScuderiaFan wrote:So does massa keep his points and victory without any penalties affect his championchip race ????

yep. both massa and ferrari keep their points. its just a fine. fair penalty i guess.

f1anatic
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1anatic » 24 Aug 2008, 15:36

Well, beats any points deductions or any other penalties. 10,000€ is nothing for them.

Anyways, I am late with the comments, but I echo people's feelings that Kimi is definitely to blame for the pit incident. There is no Italy vs the world rules of the world contest here. Who cares what rules are on the road. They are instructed and supposed to follow F1 signals, which are standardized to every driver.

Last but not least, Ferrari's reliability is phun-tastic. I s'pose it all started going downhill in Japan 2006 and now it really has sunk to pre-2000 levels. What...they had like 3 blow-ups this year ? Reminds me of...1996, what an awful unreliable car that was.

Not much else to comment beyond the fact that Valencia is a boring circuit, just a tunnel of concrete with no ceiling. Awful, I feel, should not be back on the calendar.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 24 Aug 2008, 15:36

FIA just loves handing out 10000 euro fines. Well, I'm glad it wasn't anything worse.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 24 Aug 2008, 15:45

mosely earned an extra 20,000 euro from this race and i think he would like to bring f1 to valencia every month :p

ScuderiaFan
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ScuderiaFan » 24 Aug 2008, 15:49

scermat wrote:
ScuderiaFan wrote:So does massa keep his points and victory without any penalties affect his championchip race ????

yep. both massa and ferrari keep their points. its just a fine. fair penalty i guess.
Thx man .. now i can have a full celebration .. despite all the dramatic incidents that happend to Ferrari team .. they drove an awesome race and i'm really really happy with these results .. and keep an eye on Spa .. it would be ferrari race and kimi will be the star of umcoming race .. can't wait go Scuderia
Remember this one "A Formula 1 race without Ferrari cars is useless" ScuderiaFan

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 24 Aug 2008, 16:17

scermat wrote:there's your consistency! so valencia was a track where you'd get penalised only if you get a sporting advantage.

i'm remembering so many incidents that got penalised where no sporting advantage was gained right now dating back to ages ago! like when montoya got DQ for having his pit crew leave his car a few seconds too late. cant see what possible sporting advantage that might have given him. or even this year when lewis oversteered on lap 1 over the chichane after overtaking bourdais.
Yes but before this season, there are many precedents as to what happens if you do that. Like Alonso last year (although I bet you wish he was penalized) wasn't penalized time or a stop-go for narrowly missing Honda mechanics at the Nurburgring. He was fined instead.
With pit crew on the grid, it's black and white, there are clear rules, with Pitlane, as long as nothign happened it is a) more situationally variable b) considered more minor if nothing actually resulted. If Hamilton's pitcrew (I stress pitcrew, because it is SO NOT the driver's responsibility) let him out like so in future, I would expect no penalty either, because a reprimand and a fine is penalty enough given the fact that no one was harmed/no dangerous situation occured.

That is my take on it anyway..

EDIT: I kind of missed your fundamental point, which is that more consistency and more rigid rules (as to when and how a penalty can be decided on/debated about) need to be imposed. The same group of stewards at every GP, with the same standards/ethics/neutrality which I believe you or someone else mentioned earlier, would be the way to go.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 24 Aug 2008, 16:48

So the FIA has made a nice sum of money from this weekend with all the fines they dished out.I hope this money doesn't go towards Max's,erm,activities.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 24 Aug 2008, 16:48

one thing to mention even if too late but the one minute silence requested by alonso was denied by the FIA