2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 24 Aug 2008, 16:50

Lewis Hamilton
28%
Kimi Räikkönen
38%
Felipe Massa
24%
Robert Kubica
5%
Nick Heidfeld
No votes
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Fernando Alonso
4%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
1%

Total votes: 76

Lemans3
kart driver
kart driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by Lemans3 » 24 Aug 2008, 14:16

Quite boring, that´s true.....
Massa was really best and doesn´t deserve a penalty.
Kimi´s problem is not so good. He has experienced this to often with mclaren.
My personal opinion is that Ferrari is pushing their engines too much at this moments. Let´s see what Felipes engine is doing next race
Lewis did good business today, he drove almost like Raikkonen usually does: with the head

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Haukinen » 24 Aug 2008, 14:25

&doh

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

uncleben
kart driver
kart driver

Post by uncleben » 24 Aug 2008, 14:26

swca92 wrote:ITV are testing my patience.I'm fed up of them missing the big events (they missed Kmi's engine faliure and I only knew because I switch the radio on in the ad breaks where they have full coverage) and of their Hamilton bias.The commentators immediately said Massa should be penalised and they won't shut up about it now.
Its not just ITV that missed the engine failure. Speed TV also missed it. When they came back from commercial break all I saw was a huge cloud of smoke. I'm thinking to myself what the hell could have happen. At the very least they are not that biased towards Hamilton( maybe cause most of the crew is American). But overall a dull race. Thank god for sutil and his hiccup.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 24 Aug 2008, 14:26

Its incredible to me because as soon as its a Ferrari involved nothing is done mid-race.
The EXACT same thing happened in the GP2 Feature race where I believe Chandhok was released into the path of another car. Take nothing away from Massa as he did a great job, hes really dominating at the moment and he deserves the win. :thumbsup: Flag:##

On the topic of yesterdays GP2 race, i'm told from a reliable source, an ITV employee from another forum, had the Safety Car not come out on Lap 1, not 1 car would of finished the race. Thats incredible, especially as they aren't allowed to refuel in the race.

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 24 Aug 2008, 14:30

swca92 wrote:The race was dull.The track wasn't at fault,blame the aerodynamics for preventing overtaking.The next race at Spa should be better,its the best track in F1.
i agree... but only to an extent. i for one am not completely happy about next years aero rules. its going to ruin a very intresting aspect of f1. one that got me intrested in the sport in the first place.

sure they will reduce downforce but whenever a driver had to overtake, they always did. problem in f1 is everyone is good at what they do and 9 out of 10 times you got more to loose than to gain with overtaking. its not worth overtaking for 1 point if you can loose 5.

GP2 and FBMW is different. they, for starters, have 2 races in a weekend. plus drivers are a lot mre inexperienced than f1 drivers.

im not saying aero doesnt play a part but i think its effect is overblown. when a driver needed to overtake (lewis at istanbul or at hockenheim for example) they just did. simple. plus theres the FIA factor. coulthard was going for it a lot in the begining of the season but you always get the FIA breathing down your neck wanting to hand out a penalty if 2 cars touch.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 24 Aug 2008, 14:31

Fergie1 wrote:Its incredible to me because as soon as its a Ferrari involved nothing is done mid-race.
The EXACT same thing happened in the GP2 Feature race where I believe Chandhok was released into the path of another car. Take nothing away from Massa as he did a great job, hes really dominating at the moment and he deserves the win. :thumbsup: Flag:##

On the topic of yesterdays GP2 race, i'm told from a reliable source, an ITV employee from another forum, had the Safety Car not come out on Lap 1, not 1 car would of finished the race. Thats incredible, especially as they aren't allowed to refuel in the race.
that means the drivers were taking a great risk. and two of them paid off for that.

www.vidsaver.eu
car driver
car driver

Post by www.vidsaver.eu » 24 Aug 2008, 14:45

Go go

Felipe Massa the best Flag:##

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 24 Aug 2008, 14:47

Okay, i haven't been writing any posts in the last 4 races, simply because i was dissapointed. And i didn't want to share that opinion, hoping the drivers / team i like will move to the better...

I'm a Ferrari fan in my heart ever since i know of myself, and what i see this year...well it's simply dissapointing...

<Rant ON>

Raikonnen looks like he'd rather be of drinking or rallying somewhere. And even though i don't like Massa... i never did like him ever since his Sauber days. I have to admit the guy's at least putting a effort, and trying hard to do something.

What has happened to the ferrari team? 2 engine blowouts in 2 races? and i have to say i'm pretty suspicios about Kimi's one... maybe he had something to do with it... it just feels a bit weird.

I just saw the recording again. and he started on the red light... and the "fuel hose guy" knocked his neck on the rear wing... he could have broken the guy's neck!!!
I was a big fan of Kimi's, but now all i can say is: GET OUT of ferrari, and leave the place for someone who WANTS to work hard, every day. Like Schumi did, like Massa is trying...

I really hate DiMontezemolo for hiring him now...

<Rant OFF>

Anywys, the race was so-so, when i saw the track i knew there won't be any overtaking... maybe next year :)
A pretty boring race, if it weren't for the ferrari blunders it would have been REALLY boring.

Congratulations to Massa for a great race... Hamilton drove well, as did Vettel, Glock...

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 24 Aug 2008, 14:50

Kimi was interviewed by Italian Television about the pit accident and said that "MAYBE it was his fault... that he doesn't know..." :p

Maybe he did that because it is an italian Traffic Light... and in Italy usually yellow means "Accelerate" instead of "Break!!".. :roll::
(if you wonder... I live in Italy... and I know that a red light here doesn't mean much... anyway you have to look if the cars had really stopped)

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 24 Aug 2008, 14:50

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70038
Massa keeps victory. Which is good I suppose, its just theres no consistency in stewards decisions.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 24 Aug 2008, 14:54

hannibal_rising wrote:Maybe he did that because it is an italian Traffic Light... and in Italy usually yellow means "Accelerate" instead of "Break!!".. :roll::
(if you wonder... I live in Italy... and I know that a red light here doesn't mean much... anyway you have to look if the cars had really stopped)
Kimi is Finnish not Italian. It was simply a very poor error from a very experienced driver.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 24 Aug 2008, 14:54

Fergie1 wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70038
Massa keeps victory. Which is good I suppose, its just theres no consistency in stewards decisions.
that 10,000 euro would mean nothing to him. i think he will get that as a bonus( do drivers get bonus for winning races?)

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 24 Aug 2008, 14:56

Fergie1 wrote:
hannibal_rising wrote:Maybe he did that because it is an italian Traffic Light... and in Italy usually yellow means "Accelerate" instead of "Break!!".. :roll::
Kimi is Finnish not Italian. It was simply a very poor error from a very experienced driver.

I know... but I said an ITALIAN traffic Light... Not an Italian Driver..

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 24 Aug 2008, 15:02

which is exactly what ticks me off with the FIA.

it was at its worst last year though.

Spyker get classified RedBull documents without authorization and successfully use them as evidence.
McLaren employee gets classified Ferrari documents and they get 100m fine.

as consistent as Massa in the rain! (ok he won today so i get the right to poke some fun at him! :p )

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 24 Aug 2008, 15:08

scermat wrote:
which is exactly what ticks me off with the FIA.

it was at its worst last year though.

Spyker get classified RedBull documents without authorization and successfully use them as evidence.
McLaren employee gets classified Ferrari documents and they get 100m fine.

as consistent as Massa in the rain! (ok he won today so i get the right to poke some fun at him! :p )

I think these decisions are taken by a Commission that is different for every race, and maybe the problem is there. They should keep the same guys taking the decisions over the whole season.