2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix ?

Poll ended at 24 Aug 2008, 16:50

Lewis Hamilton
28%
Kimi Räikkönen
38%
Felipe Massa
24%
Robert Kubica
5%
Nick Heidfeld
No votes
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Fernando Alonso
4%
Mark Webber
No votes
Timo Glock
1%

Total votes: 76

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 European Grand Prix

Post by Fergie1 » 23 Aug 2008, 16:47

phil1993 wrote:oh, i meant i havent played race 07 in a while, i knwo ive played it :p and i remember the juncadella thing now (speaking of which he was merced in that fbmw race) and i mentioned that James Allen cockiness earlier if you look a few pages back :p btw, have you seen, on itv-f1 website, it says 'James Allen formguide' and it has the most stupid picture of him ever!
Oh believe me thats not the worst picture. Sniff Petrol ran a campaign called "STOP THE COCK" (hehe) a few years ago and they had an awful pic of him.
There was even stop the cock t-shirts made and theres some epic pictures of people wearing them and getting a photo, with Steve Rider, Mark Blundell and Martin Brundle. Ill dig them out.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 23 Aug 2008, 16:54

The pole position slot for the European Grand Prix has been switched to the right side of the track ahead of this weekend’s first race in Valencia.

The original first slot was situated on the left hand side of the track, which was supposed to have been more favourable for the racing line into the first right hand corner.

But after observing the behaviour of cars during practice on Friday and Saturday, FIA Formula One safety delegate Charlie Whiting has announced that the pole position slot will now be moved to the right

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 23 Aug 2008, 16:56

iceman1 wrote:
The pole position slot for the European Grand Prix has been switched to the right side of the track ahead of this weekend’s first race in Valencia.

The original first slot was situated on the left hand side of the track, which was supposed to have been more favourable for the racing line into the first right hand corner.

But after observing the behaviour of cars during practice on Friday and Saturday, FIA Formula One safety delegate Charlie Whiting has announced that the pole position slot will now be moved to the right
F** 'em.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 23 Aug 2008, 17:16

When I open the topic, I always have to read lots of unrelated stuff. Guys please, don't discuss topics other than Valencia GP. I don't have to read GP2 stuffs or any other damn races.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 23 Aug 2008, 17:33

Ali wrote:When I open the topic, I always have to read lots of unrelated stuff. Guys please, don't discuss topics other than Valencia GP. I don't have to read GP2 stuffs or any other damn races.
My recommendation is don't read it then. No-ones making you. Its just more accessible for everyone else.
If its on a Grand Prix weekend then I see no problem if its a spoiler you can put it in a font colour you have to highlight., football matches in a F1 thread is a different matter though.

sorry if its harsh but its my opinion.

uncleben
kart driver
kart driver

Post by uncleben » 23 Aug 2008, 17:38

Lets Go Kubica. Its been a while since hes won and I would say that its about time. Of course i'm not saying this with anything to back it up but I feel it in me bones.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 23 Aug 2008, 17:40

Fergie1 wrote:
Ali wrote:When I open the topic, I always have to read lots of unrelated stuff. Guys please, don't discuss topics other than Valencia GP. I don't have to read GP2 stuffs or any other damn races.
My recommendation is don't read it then. No-ones making you. Its just more accessible for everyone else.
If its on a Grand Prix weekend then I see no problem if its a spoiler you can put it in a font colour you have to highlight., football matches in a F1 thread is a different matter though.

How can I know whether a post to be readable or not if I don't read? I read than I understand it's off-topic and so. Then? According to you, I have to read all posts to understand whether I read or not!

You see no problem but anybody can see a problem. So you must consider this and give an off-topic indication at least while talking about your personal pleasures.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 23 Aug 2008, 17:47

Ali wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:

How can I know whether a post to be readable or not if I don't read? I read than I understand it's off-topic and so. Then? According to you, I have to read all posts to understand whether I read or not!

You see no problem but anybody can see a problem. So you must consider this and give an off-topic indication at least while talking about your personal pleasures.
I'd hardly call GP2 or Formula BMW a "personal pleasure". I will give a off topic indication in future then. :thumbsup:
You will probably know if its on topic or not if you take a quick glimpse and see either "GP2, support race or FBMW". Thats what I do when I don't care about something. :O

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 23 Aug 2008, 18:18

Glock not being punished for blocking Heidfeld.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70013

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 23 Aug 2008, 18:21

So why did Kovalainen gut punished in France? Impartiality my ar*e.

edit: will the mod who edited this post before to take the impartiality comment which I have put back please pm me and tell me why? Thanks.
Last edited by Fergie1 on 23 Aug 2008, 20:52, edited 3 times in total.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 23 Aug 2008, 18:54

Fergie1 wrote:So why did Kovalainen gut punished in France?
yep, you're completely right, I get your point :s
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 23 Aug 2008, 19:00

I really hope Felipe can turn his pole into 10 points this time! Felipe winning it, Alonso in second and Vettel in 3rd would be my dream result. Both Mclaren out. :)

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 23 Aug 2008, 19:01

because glock blocking hiedfield did not affect things much because heidfield had time for another run but in france webber was in his last flying laps. so heikki got pennalised and glock did not.

syncmaster
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by syncmaster » 23 Aug 2008, 19:12

shail69 wrote:
because glock blocking hiedfield did not affect things much because heidfield had time for another run but in france webber was in his last flying laps. so heikki got pennalised and glock did not.
it was a fair decision by F~0~M
Desire has no limits

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 23 Aug 2008, 19:14

the right side of the track get more grip or what... because if not...... its a great help for hamilton :<>:

:s :<>: :pout:

its almost like give the pole to hamilton

by the way ferrari was .200 sg faster than mclaren, i miss my prediction for .100 :shhh:
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!