What's wrong with Kimi???

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: What's wrong with Kimi???

Post by megasyxx » 06 Aug 2008, 15:40

what's wrong with kimi? well he said he just needs the car to be quicker in qualy.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 10 Aug 2008, 13:06

looks like he has lost his fighting spirit this year. Massa, in the same car is doing much better, I think.

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 10 Aug 2008, 20:32

i think we have to wait until the next races, maybe he gets his fighting spirit back after winning a GP again. This is what he needs most now, or he will lose the title this year

pumon
car driver
car driver

Post by pumon » 11 Aug 2008, 04:05

yeah he will get the best again in the race in Valencia

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 11 Aug 2008, 06:37

Lilellatho wrote:Stay away from Kimi! :<>: :nosweat: No, but seriously, I'm getting sick and tired of peple questioning his motivation and stuff just because he's not winning at the moment. I mean, heck, if he made it through those terrible McLaren days when the car was either too slow or broke down after a few laps in practice or to detached wings, blown engines, broken suspensions or driveshafts happening at he worst of moments and all that s***, he can surely make it this time, right?

He's got one problem, and a serious one at that, these Bridgestone tyres and maybe the car that is a bit too understeery for his liking. And no, I'm not making excuses for the guy, but as we've seen in the past with Monty or Alonso and more recently with Heidfeld, if you're not 100% confident in the package you have then you'r enot gonna drive it to the limit and show your real speed. People don't just go c**p in one day.

But yeah, like Kimi says, it's the same for everybody, so what he has to do is work even harder in improving his quali performances, have a long sit down with the engineers and see what they could do to fix it. I remember it worked last year from France onwards with the new clutch that helped him a lot with his starts so why not this time? But they have to react and they have to do it now, cause time is running out (lol, my Muse fan side revealed here).

And to add to that, F1 fans and armchair experts should maybe start looking at the bigger picture and stop it with this flavour of the week praising or bashing threads. All three drivers at the top of the standings have had s*** days, mistakes and some bad luck at times, so let's just enjoy the close competition and stop taking turns at bashing them. It's all just a sport after all :cheezy:
The problem with Mclaren has always been oversteer ! Kimi lived with it and managed to stage a title challenge in 2003 to be lost only in the last race. Just a reminder, in 2003 Kimi didn't win more than 2 or 3 races but he was able to challenge Schumi for title.

It all depends on where he finishes and where others are ! Look at last year standings after Hungary, where was he ? Now definitely he is in a much better position than last year .. Even if he doesn't manage to win a race hereafter but still goes on to win the title i won't be surprised ! Consistent performance is something which i first saw in "Kimi". I don't see that stuff going away from him anytime ..

coup
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by coup » 11 Aug 2008, 07:17

once he sorts out his qualy speed, he'll be fine again. at hungary, a bad qualy and start left him behind alonso, so couldn't show his true speed. after he got past alonso, he set the fastest lap and was catching glock until he turned down his engine after massa's failure.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 11 Aug 2008, 11:47

He's focussing on rallying :p
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 12 Aug 2008, 13:25

joostlamers wrote:He's focussing on rallying :p

:Off topic: :oh:

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 12 Aug 2008, 17:13

Or maybe he is got a problem with his wife :p
I didn't see Jenni attended the race since Malaysian GP :tired:

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 12 Aug 2008, 17:23

syafiqa wrote:
joostlamers wrote:He's focussing on rallying :p

:Off topic: :oh:
its not, according to Motorsport News, he wants to do rallying when he quits F1 and his brother Rami does it and Ford team boss Malcolm Wilson has said he would give Kimi a test.
raikkonen4ever wrote:Or maybe he is got a problem with his wife
I didn't see Jenni attended the race since Malaysian GP
lol, possibly :p

maybe he needs a little more :n :n :)

Lemans3
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Lemans3 » 13 Aug 2008, 11:20

Very good comment!
Although I´m a mcLaren fan I fully agree with your comments.

Lilellatho wrote:Stay away from Kimi! :<>: :nosweat: No, but seriously, I'm getting sick and tired of peple questioning his motivation and stuff just because he's not winning at the moment. I mean, heck, if he made it through those terrible McLaren days when the car was either too slow or broke down after a few laps in practice or to detached wings, blown engines, broken suspensions or driveshafts happening at he worst of moments and all that s***, he can surely make it this time, right?

He's got one problem, and a serious one at that, these Bridgestone tyres and maybe the car that is a bit too understeery for his liking. And no, I'm not making excuses for the guy, but as we've seen in the past with Monty or Alonso and more recently with Heidfeld, if you're not 100% confident in the package you have then you'r enot gonna drive it to the limit and show your real speed. People don't just go c**p in one day.

But yeah, like Kimi says, it's the same for everybody, so what he has to do is work even harder in improving his quali performances, have a long sit down with the engineers and see what they could do to fix it. I remember it worked last year from France onwards with the new clutch that helped him a lot with his starts so why not this time? But they have to react and they have to do it now, cause time is running out (lol, my Muse fan side revealed here).

And to add to that, F1 fans and armchair experts should maybe start looking at the bigger picture and stop it with this flavour of the week praising or bashing threads. All three drivers at the top of the standings have had s*** days, mistakes and some bad luck at times, so let's just enjoy the close competition and stop taking turns at bashing them. It's all just a sport after all :cheezy:

tshekane
car driver
car driver

Post by tshekane » 13 Aug 2008, 11:59

Well, there is nothing wrong with KR. It's only that there is something OK with Massa, actually, very OK. Coming to think of it, I really hope kimi will up his game whilst massa is still up there so that we can see who is better using the same piece of machinery!

HandoZiZle
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by HandoZiZle » 14 Aug 2008, 03:08

I think Kimi is having the same problem that Nick Heidfield been having. Seems like he can't get enough grip from the tires. I seriously still see Ferrari to be struggling at Valencia...especially Kimi.

ian95x
car driver
car driver

Post by ian95x » 14 Aug 2008, 05:24

In my opinion, this is sort of like 07, with the McLarens dominating for a bit. He'll come back sooenr or later.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 14 Aug 2008, 08:29

He is determined but most probably he believes that things will come like last year. even to some of his interviews he keeps on mentioning that this time last year he was far more behind from the championship leader than this year.
he isn't driving nothing like as well as he did at McLaren, where in 2005 he often started 12th and fight up to the podium on race day.
He may be loosing interest. If he doesn't win at Spa, a track he is excellent at, then he may well could be.