Michael Schumacher - The Debate

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.

Do you think he was a cheat?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 20

Super Aguri
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Michael Schumacher - The Debate

Post by Super Aguri » 03 Feb 2007, 12:27

Do you think he was a cheat?

I know what I am voting for........

red_f_enzo
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by red_f_enzo » 03 Feb 2007, 13:10

Noes #-o

wendyrosberg
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by wendyrosberg » 03 Feb 2007, 13:27

Hmm well he did some very nasty tricks.
He did some tricks wich I really can't approve.
One of the qualifying at Monaco 2006. I absolutely disaprove what he did there.
Also ofcourse those gp fights with Hill and Villeneuve.
Yes he cheated some times absolutely.

I also have to admit that he stays an amazing driver. I nver liked him, never been a fan of him.
But I really have to say that he did some awesome things.
But also some very bad things for the sport.

Hmm in all those years there were only a few times where he cheated. But those times are too much, so gotta vote for Yes then, I guess.

maltafan
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by maltafan » 03 Feb 2007, 13:47

Wendy, you mentioned the 3 incidents which I never ever forgive Schumi on.

Anyways. he is so proud that he will never admit that he did not want to cheat in those incidents.

I am pretty sure that we will be remembered as one of the best drivers in F1, but I am sure that his reputation will be marred by such incidents too.

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 03 Feb 2007, 14:03

well i voted no he wasnt a cheat!

acctually i think he did do same nasty mistakes... the hill crash was a cheat mistake but with the villeneve concroversy i reckon he didnt cheat! when i saw it, they were going into the corner side by side. shumi was on the outside and villeneve on the inside! they both brakd really late and from what i saw villeneve used him as a brake so he didnt let shumi pass him!

the monaco accident was a totally different thing!
i reckon it was a 50/50 call on his mistake and cheating! he went into the corner braking late as posible (maybe to late) and then was not online for the corner so he braked and straigtened up and then before he knew it he was heading for the wall and he didnt want to crash his car so he pretty much parked it there and kepped the car running for the marshels to push him! i know other people have totally different says on this but im standing for the legend! ive never been a fan of his... ive also never been a ferrari fan!

*fingers hurting* ok im going to have a break know!

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 03 Feb 2007, 14:32

obviously yes. but in all fairness i only give him 30% of the blame. briatore started it all in him and it excelled when he joined the ferrari gang. there are way too many incidents in schumi's carrer and they can definitely not be all innocent.

schumi is the kind of guy whom you are either going to like, or dislike. very few people have an inbetween opinion of him.

Personally... I don't like him. at all. at first when i started following f1 i didn't mind him. i thought he was a very fast talented driver that isn't really a lot better than hakkinen and the likes, but is up there. that was untill i started buying books about f1 history and bigraphies and getting videos from his early days. totally changed my opinion of him. cheat arrogant and very selfish. (in things that have to do with racing. i'm pretty sure he's not like that in his private life so don't get me wrong). as i said, too many incidents to classify them all as coincidence. only time justice was made with him was in 1997.

obviously, most of those who like him look at his records and choose to ignore all this, but i don't.

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 03 Feb 2007, 14:48

scremet u do have a good point on that... but i will still like his as a great driver!

SpykerMF1
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by SpykerMF1 » 03 Feb 2007, 15:36

I just think incidents that occured in his career were just human instincked(sp?). I mean how many people can say that if they had spent their whole life building up to something that when a threat occured of them not acheiving it their instinckt in a moment of madness wouldn't tell them to do something. I also think the Hill incident wasn't as bad as people think, Schumis steering wheel was at pretty much a nintey degree angle after hitting the wall to keep it going straight yet it was trying to pull to center, I also think Hill could've been smarter about it as he could see Schumi weaving a bit yet just went for a gap and should've waited, he knew he had it in the bag when he saw what happened to Schumi's car and in my opinion made a bit of a hash of it

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 03 Feb 2007, 16:23

yes i agree with u! i dont understand y people think he is a cheat coz i think he just made plain mistakes which happenes to drivers all the time!

sennafan
car driver
car driver

Post by sennafan » 03 Feb 2007, 16:29

If he had admitted his actions and taken responsibilty for it (the '94 and '97 incidents) then I wudnt counted him as a cheat, but he still maintains them as "accident", so I vote against him...
F1 in my bl00d>>>>>

nelmesy16
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by nelmesy16 » 03 Feb 2007, 16:46

but hes retired know if he cheated he would of told us by know but he hasnt told us so he musnt of thought he cheated!

Rodianne
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Rodianne » 03 Feb 2007, 17:06

I don't think he was a cheat...

Rodianne :)
The best driver ever is Michael Schumacher!!!!!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 03 Feb 2007, 17:30

MICHAEL SCHUMACHER is the greatest F1 driver ever,There is no one and there will be none to relace him.
One of the reasons why schumacher ...dare i say deserves to be hated :)

Autosprint(Italy's major motorsport magazine) wrote:

Schumacher traitor in Monaco

New details about the controversial last lap overtake by Michael Schumacher
on Rubens Barrichello in Monaco GP's last lap were revealed by sources
inside the Maranello-based team. The insiders say that, from lap 69 of 78
Michael Schumacher repeatedly asked Ferrari's Ross Brawn to give Barrichello
the order of letting him have a go, because the German thought he could have
easily overtaken his brother Ralf's Toyota. Ross Brawn was reluctant to give
the order, remembering the sharp critics that the team suffered in their
sadly famous Austria 2002 showdown, and on the contrary by lap 75 (3 to go),
gave both drivers the order to keep positions, because he thought that the
situation of traffic created by Alonso slowing down in front of the 4-car
pack was too dangerous. But then on lap 78, came Schumacher's move.
Knowing this, Barrichello's fury at his 7 times WDC teammate appears more
reasonable

scermat
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by scermat » 03 Feb 2007, 19:05

SpykerMF1 wrote:I just think incidents that occured in his career were just human instincked(sp?). I mean how many people can say that if they had spent their whole life building up to something that when a threat occured of them not acheiving it their instinckt in a moment of madness wouldn't tell them to do something. I also think the Hill incident wasn't as bad as people think, Schumis steering wheel was at pretty much a nintey degree angle after hitting the wall to keep it going straight yet it was trying to pull to center, I also think Hill could've been smarter about it as he could see Schumi weaving a bit yet just went for a gap and should've waited, he knew he had it in the bag when he saw what happened to Schumi's car and in my opinion made a bit of a hash of it
exactly. schumi had just crashed heavily. when you have a ruined car you only have to do one thing. move out of the way. and he was on the racing line. it was pretty clear that he went into damon. he had loads of space to go and it was almost as if he stood there waiting for him!

i agree that hill could've been smarter about it. but that doesn't mean schumi was innocent there!

judging by what you're saying there, i'd assume you'll say that the accident with DC in 98 at spa was innocent aswell, altough schumi would beg to differ when he got out of the car and went to hit david. respect for schumi after that took another plunge. he had all right to complain, but fighting physically is so immature and dare i say idiotic.

and yes, every human makes mistakes, but most humans get penalised for their mistakes. plus when a mistake is done too many times it starts to get fishy. and qutie frankly there are too many fishy thigns in schumi's carrer. dare i say more than his records which start from before he even joined f1.

iceman1. i beg to differ. greatest f1 driver of all time is non existant. he's good but not the greatest. He's the greatest of his era. 94-04. but definitely not of all time. and mika's not far behind. you're also forgetting that michael had a whole team behind him and only him and he didn't have any serious competitors for a few years. he was literally in a class of his own. F1 cars change way too much to compare all drivers under one category. look at jaques. he took a sabbatical and never been the same again.

hating a driver for his achievments is immature. and hate is a strong word. i don't like schumi not cuz of what he achieved, but cuz of what he did to achieve what he achieved. there's a different in getting a championship when you screwed your main rival by getting the fia to ban him over a pathetic bargeboard (2000) and getting a championship when you've been superior together with your team (2002,2004)

wendyrosberg
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by wendyrosberg » 03 Feb 2007, 19:35

Oh yes people make mistakes and also the best drivers make mistakes. I absolutely agree with that.
But you absolutely can't convince them that some things that Michael did were just stupid mistakes!!!

When you look to the on board images of the qualifying incident of Monaco last year. You then can see that he steers the car back at first, trying to avoid the wall, and then suddenly he steers back towards the wall! and that's weird! the only mistake he made there was to drive into the wall because then nobody could complain. Then the people couldn't complain about it then it would have been just a mistake.
But now you can see how he tried to steer back towards the wall. He could have slow down more and just steer into the right direction the first time and then he could have it through that corner!

And about the thing that if he would have been cheating in the past he would have said anything about that now. I absolutely don't believe that. I think he would never confess such things, especially not to the media.
Becuase now almost everybody considers him as one of the greatest drivers ever. ut if he would confess that he has been cheating a lot of critics will talk about that. and then he won't be that greatest driver ever anymore.
No we will never know what really happend.

Didn't he said about the monaco accident that it was just a mistake.
Well I'm sorry Michael, but I really really don't believe that. That's really bulls**.

Oh yes Michael has been a class of his own. He was really a fantastic driver. No doubt about that.
But he did some very nasty things. And yes some of them were just stupid mistakes and I can live with that.
But just like Scermat said, he had too many weird stupid mistakes.

And I also absolutely agree with Scermat that Michael had that fantastic team behind him. Becuase Michael wouldn't have won it with a Minardi!
Oh yes he sure would have been able to get that care much better, he probably could have. But it's not only the driver that wins the championship, he has to have a good car to do it.
And yes the difference between the F1 cars are way to big to be able to compare all the drivers in one category. I absolutely agree with that.