Jenson Button
No votes

Total votes: 43

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 Hungarian Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 01 Aug 2008, 17:28

eleanor wrote:"Sorry, rights restrictions prevent us from displaying this video content to users outside the UK" ...come on, guys, what is this? I should sue you for discrimination... It's not fair...
that is because itv has the right to show f1 only in uk.like speed in us and star sports in asia.nd the video you are watching could be embedded from itv website if i am not wrong.

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 01 Aug 2008, 17:30

phil1993 wrote:were there any spins/crashes in fp2? videos coming l8r presumably.
nakajima had a crash at the very end

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 01 Aug 2008, 19:03

Raikkonen fears McLaren still quicker
By Pablo Elizalde Friday, August 1st 2008, 16:04 GMT

World champion Kimi Raikkonen feels rivals McLaren are still ahead of Ferrari in terms of pace following practice in Hungary.

Although Ferrari dominated the opening session this morning, McLaren's Lewis Hamilton set the fastest time of the day in the afternoon, when Raikkonen was down in fifth place, ahead of teammate Felipe Massa.

And although Raikkonen believes there is room to improve, he thinks McLaren, winners of the last two races, are still ahead.

"We worked on various set-up options for the car," said the Finn. "I also tried the new engine cover, but it is hard to assess it in any detail.

"The situation is not too bad, the car handles better, but our main rivals seem to be still a little bit quicker than us, even if there is the usual question mark over any difference in the fuel loads.

"There is still room for improvement and we will concentrate all our efforts on this in preparing for qualifying and the race."

Massa echoed his teammate's thoughts, saying he is expecting a tough time to try to beat their rivals.

"It's hard to say exactly where we are compared to the opposition, but clearly they are very quick," said Massa. "I did not feel too comfortable on the softest tyre while on the harder one, which I used first, the situation was much better.

"As usual on the first day at the Hungaroring, it is difficult to understand how the tyres are behaving because you always get a lot of graining, while the situation changes bit by bit as more rubber goes down on the track surface.

"We know in which direction we have to work and we will do all we can to bring home a good result. It will be tough, but I am confident all the same."

eleanor
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by eleanor » 01 Aug 2008, 19:33

thx iceman, I'll try with a proxy... I know I can download it from here, but it's more interesting to watch it live, while I'm at work :cheezy:
actually it was a surprise for me today, because two weeks ago it worked... but I managed to see FP2 cause somebody from here put a link where nobody asked me where I'm from :wave:
@ fergie ... it was just a joke... but trust me, I do know what discrimination is...
'Life is about passions. Thank you for sharing mine.'

Schumfs
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Schumfs » 01 Aug 2008, 21:21

I think people can see where you are from :P
Racing... Because football, basketball, volleyball... Requires ONE ball!!!

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 01 Aug 2008, 21:47

1. Renault upbeat after promising start
Autosport wrote:The French squad's chief of engineering Pat Symonds admitted they were running a light fuel load, but he was still encouraged by their form.
2. Hamilton: McLaren stronger than in Germany
Autosport wrote:Lewis Hamilton believes McLaren have made a further step forward with their car since the German Grand Prix, as he seeks his third straight win this weekend.
3. Force India pleased with seamless shift run
Autosport wrote:The Force India team were pleased with the performance of their new seamless shift gearbox after running with no problems in Friday practice in Hungary.
4. Vettel hindered by hydraulic problems
Autosport wrote:Sebastian Vettel lamented his lack of track time during Friday's practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix after hitting trouble in both sessions.
5. Heidfeld happier after 'major changes'
Autosport wrote:Nick Heidfeld said his car needed major changes to its set-up in order to be competitive following a difficult start to the Hungarian Grand Prix weekend on Friday.
6. Ferrari Friday Review
Massa on [url=http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69579]Autosport[/url] wrote:It's hard to say exactly where we are compared to the opposition, but clearly they (McLaren) are very quick. I did not feel too comfortable on the softest tyre while on the harder one, which I used first, the situation was much better.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

eleanor
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by eleanor » 01 Aug 2008, 21:58

schumfs, do you really believe that I don't know this? it was just a matter of speaking ... is just me or nobody see that I'm joking?
'Life is about passions. Thank you for sharing mine.'

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 01 Aug 2008, 22:04

eleanor wrote:schumfs, do you really believe that I don't know this? it was just a matter of speaking ... is just me or nobody see that I'm joking?
No, relex. I got your point :)
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

Schumfs
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Schumfs » 02 Aug 2008, 01:43

eleanor wrote:schumfs, do you really believe that I don't know this? it was just a matter of speaking ... is just me or nobody see that I'm joking?
Relax, I was joking too :P
Racing... Because football, basketball, volleyball... Requires ONE ball!!!

pumon
car driver
car driver

Post by pumon » 02 Aug 2008, 04:16

Hope kimi will be good shape in Qua. and reace

Haukinen
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Haukinen » 02 Aug 2008, 08:51

Lewis takes the pole, Heikki 2nd, Massa 3rd and Kimi 4th.
Kimi said, that the car isn't so good because of the 0,5 second difference to Lewis at FP2.
But Massa had the same difference too. But Massa is better at quali than Kimi, and high grid position is more valuable than gold. Whoever takes to pole, has the highest possibility to win.

"F1 won't change me" -Jenson Button, just weeks before dumping his girlfriend of five years and buying a Ferrari

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 02 Aug 2008, 09:24

Well I fancy Alonso or maybe even Piquet to get ahead of the McLarens and Ferraris.The Renaults look fast here,while Kubica can mix it with the top two teams also

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 02 Aug 2008, 09:31

I think Alonso will split the two Ferraris with the McLarens fighting for pole, but maybe Massa can join in again.

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 02 Aug 2008, 09:34

i think kimi in not on form these days