2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 German Grand Prix ?

Kimi Räikkönen
40%
Felipe Massa
14%
Lewis Hamilton
26%
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Nick Heidfeld
6%
Robert Kubica
7%
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Mark Webber
2%
Fernando Alonso
5%

Total votes: 81

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by Ali » 20 Jul 2008, 13:46

I was really really mad when Heikki let Lewis pass but sooner or later he will surely get past him. Lewis is exceptionally quick today. He really deserved that win.

I still really wonder a couple of t hings:

1) Why didn't Massa hold the inside line in the hairpin while Lewis was attacking?
2) Why didn't Nick make a lot of pressure and try to get past Massa?
3) Why was Ferrari so slow anyway?
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 20 Jul 2008, 13:47

shamefulness

Ron dennis press a button a heiki let's hamilton pass him!!!. I "love" this "sport"

shamefulness, see Massa didn't fight for 1st place

Congratullations Piquet, yes very very lucky with SC, but also he drove fine with full empty car.
Last edited by dacer on 20 Jul 2008, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 20 Jul 2008, 13:48

Driver of the day for me was Piquet, but a great comeback by Lewis. Massa not good.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 20 Jul 2008, 13:49

Ron Dennis on German broadcaster Premiere

"We had the pace, we knew we were going to be over a second and a half quicker when the safety car came in, if it had come in a bit earlier we'd have been OK. At the end of the day it was a good race."

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 20 Jul 2008, 13:59

McLaren cocked up and Ron Dennis knows it. If it weren't for Hamilton's sheer speed, and the poor defensive driving form Massa and maybe Piquet,they would have lost this race

ric.rios
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by ric.rios » 20 Jul 2008, 14:01

Congratulations Piquet!
Great result!
Barrichello: 300 GP's
"Turbinado no pé, imbatível na fé, brasileiro é que é."

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 20 Jul 2008, 14:02

It was a topsy turvy race.

Piquet was great at the end, but was so lucky to even be there.
Massa was Massa-vely slow and yet finished on the podium.

Hamilton was probably the best placed person, in that he had the fastest car, and duly won.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 20 Jul 2008, 14:02

xyneid wrote:I was really really mad when Heikki let Lewis pass but sooner or later he will surely get past him. Lewis is exceptionally quick today. He really deserved that win.

I still really wonder a couple of t hings:

1) Why didn't Massa hold the inside line in the hairpin while Lewis was attacking?
massa cannot defend position, pure cruiser ,massa has to go back to karts, you have to stay on the inside, every 6 year old in kart knows that
2) Why didn't Nick make a lot of pressure and try to get past Massa?
Maybe he was saving the Fuel till the end of the Race
Just they'r sleeping while Mclaren are working Hard

f1anatic
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1anatic » 20 Jul 2008, 14:05

Lewis trashed everyone today, a deserved victory, espec. with his comeback. Ferrari really need to look deep within their organization and sort things out if they are to challenge for the championship. Pay Michael millions - I do not know, but your world champion simply was a no show today (though he had 2 good passes). Massa did well, but we should not be THAT hard on him. He did not have the speed - well who did ? compared to the McLarens. Good for Massa edging out Raikkonen but collectively, Ferrari is in deep trouble.

I would certainly encourage Alonso to retire. He completely got trashed out by his team mate. And whenever he tried overtaking, it was an all or none ...and he lost. If we judge mistakes as an obvious indication of retirement, then David Coulthard is right to hang up his helmet...as should Rubens, really.

McLaren & Hamilton cannot easily explain a flawed strategy but their speed did save the day. Just to reiterate - well done Lewis but mate, really drive of the day belongs to Nelson Piquet. Worst drive of the day: Alonso.

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 20 Jul 2008, 14:10

f1anatic wrote:Lewis trashed everyone today, a deserved victory, espec. with his comeback. Ferrari really need to look deep within their organization and sort things out if they are to challenge for the championship. Pay Michael millions - I do not know, but your world champion simply was a no show today (though he had 2 good passes). Massa did well, but we should not be THAT hard on him. He did not have the speed - well who did ? compared to the McLarens. Good for Massa edging out Raikkonen but collectively, Ferrari is in deep trouble.

I would certainly encourage Alonso to retire. He completely got trashed out by his team mate. And whenever he tried overtaking, it was an all or none ...and he lost. If we judge mistakes as an obvious indication of retirement, then David Coulthard is right to hang up his helmet...as should Rubens, really.

McLaren & Hamilton cannot easily explain a flawed strategy but their speed did save the day. Just to reiterate - well done Lewis but mate, really drive of the day belongs to Nelson Piquet. Worst drive of the day: Alonso.
I pretty doubt whether Nelson is the driver of the day. He just capitalized the safety car period, it was a lottery. Yes, he didn't make any mistake which is good for him come on, these drivers are already supposed to do this.

I don't want to play down Massa so badly cause today Ferrari was suck. I just can't believe they couldn't beat a Renault in the last laps. This was really huge surprise to me. They didn't have the speed at all.

Lewis saved Ron, that's the truth. An another truth is that Heikki is the number two driver of McLaren from now on (which has been the case since the begining actually).
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 20 Jul 2008, 14:12

Felipe must have had a problem or been struggling with tires to be that much slower in the final stint, and James Allen has once again proved he needs to be shot.

He gets passed by Hamilton and Allen says "If I were Ferrari I would be wondering if I could really win a world championship with this guy when I could have Alonso or Kubica."

WTF he is the lead Ferrari driver at the moment, ahead of the current world champion, but that still doesn't seem to be good enough.

Sure he had a bad Silverstone race, but others have made mistakes this year to :|

f1anatic
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1anatic » 20 Jul 2008, 14:14

iceman1 wrote:
xyneid wrote:
massa cannot defend position, pure cruiser ,massa has to go back to karts, you have to stay on the inside, every 6 year old in kart knows that
Just they'r sleeping while Mclaren are working Hard
Staying on the inside all the way to the corner just puts you in a very wrong spot for taking the corner, meaning heavy braking and slow exit and leaves you vulnerable to the "scissor effect" on the exit out of the corner as well. Every 7 year old in karting knows that. @Hug .

Ferrari lacks a great development driver. I actually read they intend on putting Michael back in the saddle for some testing next week at Fiorano. And if that was just an unconfirmed rumor, given the results of this weekend race, they ought to seriously consider.

As for the Class Act (McLaren) and their team orders. Oh well what is it to comment: perhaps just go ahead and do it boys, no need to waste a full lap for Hamilton. Everyone knew it was coming.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 20 Jul 2008, 14:15

iceman1 wrote:massa cannot defend position, pure cruiser ,massa has to go back to karts, you have to stay on the inside, every 6 year old in kart knows that
Or maybe he was thinking about the championship. He was slower than Hamilton, and would know he would get past eventually (someone just told me he says he had a brake problem or something) and there was no point in defending too hard and risking a collision, which everyone would be on his back for saying "Why didn't he let him through?"

If any Ferrari driver needs to go back to go karts after this weekend my friend, it should be your beloved Iceman who was nowhere all weekend.

syafiqa
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by syafiqa » 20 Jul 2008, 14:17

Great performance by Hamilton. :thumbsup:
He deserve to win :cheezy:

Thank God..no new bad record 4 kimi diz time. !grin!
Just a normal race day for a man who didnt get the best set up for his racing car. :roll::

More important things, Kimi still bring home 3 precious point for Championship today.! :shhh:

!yahoo: raikkonenforever !yahoo:

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 20 Jul 2008, 14:19

f1anantic, how old are you? how many races have you seen?

Kimi was all race overtaken, and loose all when have to wait Massa second stop. Again overtake all.

"Lewis trashed everyone today", yes and Ron Dennis better, press a button a Hamilton overtake Heiki (this story I saw it before¿?)

"Massa did well". Massa didn't do any fine, was patethic.

"I would certainly encourage Alonso to retire. He completely got trashed out by his team mate". His teammate was very lucky with SC, so you can not compare them. And you have to see Renault after any slow turn, It's the slower car. Alonso can not overtake any, and all other driver overtake him on Pit (not kimi). Retire yourself