2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Who will win the 2008 German Grand Prix ?

Kimi Räikkönen
40%
Felipe Massa
14%
Lewis Hamilton
26%
Heikki Kovalainen
No votes
Nick Heidfeld
6%
Robert Kubica
7%
Jarno Trulli
No votes
Mark Webber
2%
Fernando Alonso
5%

Total votes: 81

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 German Grand Prix

Post by Sanredrose » 19 Jul 2008, 18:49

iceman1 wrote: Nope i don't think He'll finish the Race tomorrow .
Kova For the win :thumbsup:
I would love to see Kovalainen win .. But at this point i would prefer a Lewis win and Kova second ... A Mercedes 1-2 in Germany would be a fitting reply to all the Mercedes fans who have come there to see their drivers win. I would be happy to see an all German podium like Mercedes & BMW ...

Raikkonen won't have any problems in passing Alonso, because Alonso particularly goes light on the Ferrari as he cannot hold them for long. Trulli might cause some trouble. But we have to count on the start. The German GP starts have never been clean. We have many infamous incidents of Schumi & Fisi crasching out, Kimi sliding out in Mclaren. Having seen all that i won't be surprised if the cars from 2nd row & 3 rd row manage to find the barriers. That might immediately elevate Kimi to fight for podium. Having said that we should not forget Kubica in 7th. Kimi should be aware of that & leaving the BMW to get ahead of him will ruin his afternoon. Even if he is unable to take on Alonso & Trulli in the first lap he should take care to have Kubica behind him. Moreover the hairpin has been quite a catch for all drivers. Many have been swooping around the corners unable to find proper brake timing while going into that turn. This can happen to any driver who is trying to make a pass in the hairpin. It will make them brake harder and can possibly take the other one by surprise.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Jul 2008, 19:02

sanredrose wrote:Raikkonen won't have any problems in passing Alonso, because Alonso particularly goes light on the Ferrari as he cannot hold them for long. Trulli might cause some trouble. But we have to count on the start
Yep , but kimi is starting from the Dirty sides as Massa

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 19 Jul 2008, 19:11

Super Aguri wrote:I can't actually believe the amount of rubbish being posted here about Massa. Saying he can't drive in the wet? Go rewatch Monaco 2008. He made 1 mistake in the race driving up the escape road.
monaco is over m8 ... more importantly welcome back :wink:
i think kovi will retire :nosweat:
I want anybody of this to win ..trulli/vettel/sutil/fisi :cool:

Under normal dry weather conditions, it be boring race. Hamilton..massa ..kimi .alo .trul ..!!!

In GP2 Karun will start from pole for race 2 ...sadly historically he always fails from the pole :nosweat:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 19 Jul 2008, 19:40

Unfortunately no rain is predicted during race

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 19 Jul 2008, 20:32

joostlamers wrote:Unfortunately, I will probably miss this Grand Prix, which I love. I will go to Tunesia for 8 days. I'll leave at the 15th of July, and will be back in Holland on the 22nd of July.

This sucks pretty hard, because I really love this GP!! I remember 2003.. Montoya, he's best race!! Huge crash in the first corner with Raikkonen and Barrichello.. SC... Montoya was just SOOO good, unbelieveble, never seen something like that before, almost lapping nr. 2 in the race. Also very very hot GP back then.

Expectations this year? Don't know, we'll see. It's been a while that they have been here, so, I'll wait with predicting until the weather is pronounced and when the Free Practices are driven. Williams, I expect to be strong, that's the only guess I make :p
I think that was JPM's best Grand Prix.

But on the subject of Hock' itself, in the dry it was appalling in terms of on-track action for the GP2 race. Senna overtook di Grassi, and lots of people collided lightly and carried on at the start, and that was about it up until it rained. When I should add, the race exploded wide open.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

uncleben
kart driver
kart driver

Post by uncleben » 19 Jul 2008, 20:40

I for the first time watched the qualifying, and I must say that it was pretty interesting. At the very least more so than I expected. The way those guys were going around it was almost as exciting as the actual race, cause here they race against the clock and each other. Its like Gran Turismo.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 19 Jul 2008, 21:32

uncleben wrote:I for the first time watched the qualifying, and I must say that it was pretty interesting. At the very least more so than I expected. The way those guys were going around it was almost as exciting as the actual race, cause here they race against the clock and each other. Its like Gran Turismo.
Yeah! Quali in this format gets so exciting towards the end. It used to be so poor, with One-lap Quali, but this version is amazing. No wonder DTM nicked it.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

markpaz455
kart driver
kart driver

Post by markpaz455 » 19 Jul 2008, 21:53

TwistedArmco wrote:
uncleben wrote:I for the first time watched the qualifying, and I must say that it was pretty interesting. At the very least more so than I expected. The way those guys were going around it was almost as exciting as the actual race, cause here they race against the clock and each other. Its like Gran Turismo.
Yeah! Quali in this format gets so exciting towards the end. It used to be so poor, with One-lap Quali, but this version is amazing. No wonder DTM nicked it.
the new time format is much much better too i like the 10 min q3 because they can just fight for pole right away and not that rubbish "fuel burn phase"

markpaz455
kart driver
kart driver

Post by markpaz455 » 19 Jul 2008, 21:58

sanredrose wrote:
markpaz455 wrote:ron dennis isnt going to let heikki win unless lewis retires

regarding kimi he does have a bad record in germany but i hope he doesnt retire
You must be dreaming. Did you see the start of British GP 08. Kovalainen defended his position by squeezing Hamilton to the outer side of the road. Its an example as to how the two team mates fight very hard.

Mclaren never issues team orders ! And your idea of not letting Heikki win is absolutely unacceptable.
well what i really meant is that if heikki is in 2nd in the race i dont think ron dennis will risk them fighting for 1st especially when the race is at the closing stages ie 07 monaco......

all in all im just saying heikki can only win if lewis retires and plus at this stage of the season heikki doesnt have what it takes to beat hamilton straight up in a race

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by shailf1 » 19 Jul 2008, 22:31

Nelson Piquet Jr. said: “After a very promising practice session this morning, I am of course disappointed not to have passed through the first stage of qualifying. During my lap, Vettel was in front of me, which unsettled me a little, although the FIA felt that he did not impede me.”

The question remains: how can a driver who clocked the fifth time in that lap, hold up a driver who only set the 17th fastest time in the same lap? Maybe it's time to up your game Mr. Piquet?
piquet's been caught!!!! :p :p

Heikki Kovalainen has been fined 5,000 euros for a breach of the refuelling regulations during German Grand Prix qualifying.

The stewards ruled that McLaren did not follow the proper procedure when it refuelled Kovalainen’s car during Q2, breaching Article 29.2 of the sporting regulations.

“Car 23 was refuelled during Q2 using equipment that was not an FIA-approved race refuelling system, and therefore the engine should have been stopped during the refuelling process,” the stewards said in a statement.

The penalty is purely financial and Kovalainen’s third place on the grid is not affected.
heikki is finding it difficult to have a penalty free weekend.

moonlightmj
car driver
car driver

Post by moonlightmj » 19 Jul 2008, 23:18

I really hope to see a great race, Massa vs Kimi vs Hamilton fighting for the championship, point to point. I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton win again...

jagevall
car driver
car driver

Post by jagevall » 20 Jul 2008, 01:37

I really hope Ferrari will pull this one together and team up so they can out run Hamilton. Go Massa!!!!

BTW: have anyone of you seen Adrian Sutil's big drift on the internet as a clip ? wanna see it over and over again !yahoo:
Ronnie Peterson, a super swede without fear! One of the sports most skilled driver.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 20 Jul 2008, 05:56

normally ..we don't post video in this thread ..but here this awesome slide

Sutil with a long slide in the final corner | Supersignal | 1 Audiotrack | natural sounds
Filename: MT89_Formula1_2008_Hockenheim_QLF-Q1_Sutil_sliding.avi
Duration: 1 min 0 sec
Filesize: 20.206 KB
Cap. by: mattzel89
Hosted by: Iceman1

more in the video section... :thumbsup:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 20 Jul 2008, 08:38

Dry and Sunny in Hockenheim for the GP2 race - very very chaotic!

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 20 Jul 2008, 08:41

Phil1993 : Are you gonna be online during the race?