Hello from Chicago

New to F1Zone.net? Why don't you introduce yourself to the community here
f1anatic
kart driver
kart driver

Hello from Chicago

Post by f1anatic » 06 Jul 2008, 14:38

Hi there and thank you for this great site.
Not much to say about myself except that i have been watching F1 since 1990, you cannot tell where Michael Schumacher's butt ends and where my head starts (ok he is retired but so what ? - forget the mini museum I have at home dedicated to his career, my "little" 40 kg Irish Setter "pooch" is named Schumi); I have attended some 10 races live in the last decade; I am hurting 'cause of Tony G. and Bernie E. are so greedy and cannot agree on the F1 race in USA and ...

What else...I like Massa and Kubica; the technological progress my car's engine is more advanced than the technological progress seen on F1 engines in the last 3 season and I cannot wait for the 2009 season to see new rules at least with regards to aerodynamics and hopefully KERS will spark a new era of tech advances. And hopefully ... (not gonna happen :-( ) a return of F1 to the States.

AzShadow

Re: Hello from Chicago

Post by AzShadow » 06 Jul 2008, 15:00

Hi and welcome! @welcome@

This forum has quite a bunch of enthusiastic American fans already. :wink: Maybe Bernie should take note. :tired:

swca92
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by swca92 » 06 Jul 2008, 15:14

I've already seen an "I hate Bernie Ecclestone" group on Facebook who's members are mainly American

f1anatic
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1anatic » 06 Jul 2008, 15:26

I am European born and raised...but came to the States in mid 1990s.
Regardless, Bernie takes no notice, despite the fact that a lot of sponsors are American and the market share of some of the F1 manufacturers is huge in the States.

But hey we get NASCAR galore and F1 tape delayed.

iceman1
F1 Legend
F1 Legend

Post by iceman1 » 06 Jul 2008, 15:32

welcome Matey , Have Fun

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 06 Jul 2008, 16:02

f1anatic wrote:Hi there and thank you for this great site.
Not much to say about myself except that i have been watching F1 since 1990, you cannot tell where Michael Schumacher's butt ends and where my head starts (ok he is retired but so what ? - forget the mini museum I have at home dedicated to his career, my "little" 40 kg Irish Setter "pooch" is named Schumi); I have attended some 10 races live in the last decade; I am hurting 'cause of Tony G. and Bernie E. are so greedy and cannot agree on the F1 race in USA and ...

What else...I like Massa and Kubica; the technological progress my car's engine is more advanced than the technological progress seen on F1 engines in the last 3 season and I cannot wait for the 2009 season to see new rules at least with regards to aerodynamics and hopefully KERS will spark a new era of tech advances. And hopefully ... (not gonna happen :-( ) a return of F1 to the States.
Welcome to F1zone.net ... Have a blast ...

Alex.J.
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Alex.J. » 12 Jul 2008, 10:20

im sure the GP will return to the USA some time, most of the sponsers are from there, dont want to upset them ;)
As I walked through it Sunday evening, I couldn’t help but be amazed by the scale of this operation and the thousands of man hours that go into entertaining us for a couple of hours, 17 times a year.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 12 Jul 2008, 18:41

Hope the US GP comes back soon !! Or else no problem Montreal is there !!

f1anatic
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1anatic » 13 Jul 2008, 13:46

Montreal ...I have been there for 3 races if memory serves me right. I have family there, I have been to Canada and Montreal so many times, i could apply for Canadian citizenship; I know the city well - and when I go there I stay minimum of a week. But Montreal is 850 miles and 2 days away. Indianapolis was but 2.5 hours and 180 miles away. Montreal is a leave on Thursday get there Friday, recoup and socialize Saturday, attend race on Sunday, recover from the sun in the evening, depart Monday, arrive Tuesday in Chicago, feel miserable at work on Wednesday. A week, 4 days on the road. Indianapolis was about waking up at 6 AM, drinking coffee, chatting online, jumping in the car at 7 AM, pretend you are Schumacher, qualifying, arrive in Indy at 10:00, park, shop around 2 h, get your butt up in turn H (first corner, best tickets ever), watch Michael win 5X and gift race 1X , get back to the car, curse a lil' due to traffic, pretend you are Michael on the way back and make it by 1830 back home. See the difference ? Ok. Bottom line: Indianapolis is in the middle of North America, reasonably close to large metropolitan areas. Montreal is...just very close to a few of the upper East Coast Cities and Toronto to the West.

Tony George just got his IRL and ChampCar reunited. He is riding the wave of "glory" right now and dos not need F1 to come back. Likely F1 will come back elsewhere, as street race in Vegas perhaps.

raikkonen4ever
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by raikkonen4ever » 13 Jul 2008, 17:30

:arrowd: :arrowd:

@welcome@

:arrowu: :arrowu:

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 13 Jul 2008, 22:20

f1anatic wrote:Montreal ...I have been there for 3 races if memory serves me right. I have family there, I have been to Canada and Montreal so many times, i could apply for Canadian citizenship; I know the city well - and when I go there I stay minimum of a week. But Montreal is 850 miles and 2 days away. Indianapolis was but 2.5 hours and 180 miles away. Montreal is a leave on Thursday get there Friday, recoup and socialize Saturday, attend race on Sunday, recover from the sun in the evening, depart Monday, arrive Tuesday in Chicago, feel miserable at work on Wednesday. A week, 4 days on the road. Indianapolis was about waking up at 6 AM, drinking coffee, chatting online, jumping in the car at 7 AM, pretend you are Schumacher, qualifying, arrive in Indy at 10:00, park, shop around 2 h, get your butt up in turn H (first corner, best tickets ever), watch Michael win 5X and gift race 1X , get back to the car, curse a lil' due to traffic, pretend you are Michael on the way back and make it by 1830 back home. See the difference ? Ok. Bottom line: Indianapolis is in the middle of North America, reasonably close to large metropolitan areas. Montreal is...just very close to a few of the upper East Coast Cities and Toronto to the West.

Tony George just got his IRL and ChampCar reunited. He is riding the wave of "glory" right now and dos not need F1 to come back. Likely F1 will come back elsewhere, as street race in Vegas perhaps.
Street race in Vegas would be a nice one. But i would prefer to watch it in Indy or some proper racing track !

eleanor
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by eleanor » 21 Jul 2008, 10:30

wlc... :wave:
'Life is about passions. Thank you for sharing mine.'

f1anatic
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f1anatic » 28 Jul 2008, 13:10