Eccelstone and the Aussie GP

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: Eccelstone and the Aussie GP

Post by Sanredrose » 05 Jul 2008, 10:40

blizzard wrote:Eccelstone and Mosley are both very bad for Formula 1. They will have ruined the sport before they retire. As I mentioned earlier in a different post, by 2015 we will probably have only 5 races in the western world. 4 in Europe and 1 in North America or Australia. The other 15 races will be in f**k**g asia and the middle east.
Sorry boss... For bernie's greediness you cannot call Asia & Middle East as f***. I don't know whom you are referring to .. But there are a lot of members from Asia here. So i would recommend you to be a little compassionate. :shhh:

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 05 Jul 2008, 13:44

I didn´t want to insult somebody! I was not reffering to the people, culture or country. I just don´t like the asian circuits except suzuka. Tracks like china, malaysia and so on are all retort circuits and have no tradition compared to the european circuits.

Furthermore I don´t like the fact, that more and more european tracks don´t get new contracts in favour of asian tracks (singapur, korea, maybe india and so on).

Liffonmelsmork
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Liffonmelsmork » 05 Jul 2008, 14:17

Bernie's going senile. He seems to forget that us, the fans, are the most important people in the sport. Of course holding a race in somewhere like India's going to get a new audience, but people will just turn up out of curiosity rather than because they're fans. It's like American football being introduced in England, people may well watch to see what the fuss is about, but not many will gain a proper interest in it. There's a genuine love of Formula One in Europe and the Americas and the fans have passion.

I think blizzard's right, F1's going east, away from where the lifelong fans are, purely for the sake of a man who's nearly dead getting a bit more cash.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 05 Jul 2008, 15:16

Yes, let's stop these bad remarks about Asia. We're past that century already. :roll::

I think it's good that the F1 expands to new areas as it's supposed to be a world championship and not just European one like it has traditionally been. F1 is relatively new in many parts of Asia, but in time it will be as traditional as in Europe and the fans will surely be as "genuine" as they are in Europe.

I only want to have the classic tracks like Spa kept in the calendar, but I don't really mind if Europe has generally less tracks than elsewhere. It's not like we're better than the others.

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 05 Jul 2008, 23:42

AzShadow wrote:Yes, let's stop these bad remarks about Asia. We're past that century already. :roll::

I think it's good that the F1 expands to new areas as it's supposed to be a world championship and not just European one like it has traditionally been. F1 is relatively new in many parts of Asia, but in time it will be as traditional as in Europe and the fans will surely be as "genuine" as they are in Europe.

I only want to have the classic tracks like Spa kept in the calendar, but I don't really mind if Europe has generally less tracks than elsewhere. It's not like we're better than the others.

Yes, ok I understand and fully accept your post, but just look at F1, the drivers, teams and world champions. 99% oft it are from Europe, America or Australia. Even Toyota is building it´s F1 car in Cologne, Germany. Nakajima is currently the only asian driver. Force India belongs to an Indian ok, but I doubt there are more than 5 people from India working in the team. Honda´s team principal is from Manchester, their drivers are from England/Brazil and the cars are manufactured in England as well. No asian driver has ever won a championship or race.

So please don´t get me wrong, I am not stating that some people are better than others or some countries are better than others. I wouldn´t do that.

It´s a bit similar to the idea whuch came up a couple of months ago but was later cancelled. Playing english Premier League football games in asia.
I think it´s something that cannot work. If something is not at home the passion and identification cannot be as high as it is in the home country or continent.
I know that in asia there a lots of Man Utd fans, but the atmosphere and identification is nowhere near the way it is in Manchester.

So the point I don´t understand is: Why change something that worked fine for over 50 years and disappoint a lot of people.

If it has to be a true World Championship, why isn´t there a race in Africa? They can even arrange the next football World Cup, but why not an F1 race? Would be great to have Kyalami back.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 06 Jul 2008, 03:26

Ok lets leave it .. Anyway Bernie's going to do things only with the way of money ! So i don't think we guys should argue over this. Everyone's point and views are respected.

May be we should stick our discussion back to Aussie GP ...

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 06 Jul 2008, 10:14

Ok you´re right. Maybe I didn´t articulate myself precisely enough.

I´m sorry if that was the case. English isn´t my native language.

Back to topic :)