Funny Triathlon Conversation - LH, JB, DC

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Funny Triathlon Conversation - LH, JB, DC

Post by Ali » 04 Jul 2008, 07:23

First of all:
Formula1.com wrote:Q: At the Reebok launch the other day you were quoted as saying you thought you were fitter than Jenson. Is that the case?
LH: I’ve noticed that Jenson has a bit of a belly and so… I’m only joking! I was just trying to be positive.
JB: They’re called muscles.
DC: Place your bets and go win the fight.
LH: Well, you’ve just done some event recently. What was that?
JB: It was a triathlon.
LH: Yeah, I’m not sure whether I could do a triathlon, so I’m not going to say that I could beat him at that, but generally I work my arse off… you work your arse off to be fitter than me, and you’ve got to believe that you’re fitter than me and the same way the other way.
JB: I do believe…
LH: Yeah, so, what I think…
JB: I must admit, I do believe.
LH: It would be good to have a challenge.
JB: I’m sure we can work something out there. If you don’t like triathlons… The good thing is that you’ve got three different activities.
DC: Run a lap of the track.
JB: Exactly, we could try different things. I’ve got a triathlon on July 27th if you’re interested.
LH: Where’s your strongest point?
JB: Umm, all of them! And yours? We could do it for charity, I’m sure, as well. Yeah?
LH: Yeah? Well, shall we get this…
JB: We’ll get DC in there as well.
LH: Yeah, get DC as well.
DC: I’ll be the referee.
LH: You can be the bottle-holder.
JB: Yeah, exactly, yeah.

Q: So I think we’ve got the answer there: DC is going to be the referee and you two are going to do Bath, is that right?
LH: I’m not putting myself into it, I don’t know. I’ll probably be working or doing something else.
DC: He’s throwing down a man challenge, you can’t turn down a man challenge.
LH: We’ll see, we’ll see. We’ll talk about it personally afterwards.

QUESTIONS FROM THE FLOOR

Q: (Ian Stafford – The Mail on Sunday) The first question is: is this going to happen or not, guys? Come on! Yes or no?
LH: Well, me, I’m a competitor, so I’m for one to say yes, but I’ve got people behind me who may…
JB: What if I say £10,000 to the charity of your choice if you beat me? What do you think?
LH: Are you trying to steer me off this championship or what?
JB: It’s the only thing I can be competitive in at the moment. Think about it.
LH: Yeah, I will.

Q: (Ian Parkes – The Press Association) Lewis, if you were to compete in a triathlon with Jenson, are you pretty adept at all three of the events?
LH: So, there’s swimming, cycling and running. How far do you have to go? What is it? Fill me in, fill me in.
JB: 1.5 kms swim, 40 kms bike and a 10 kms run.
LH: That’s not too bad.
JB: You’ve got three weeks to practise.
LH: That’s not too bad. I was just checking my calendar, so I wasn’t being rude. I was trying to see whether I’m busy that day and unfortunately I don’t think I am. No, honestly, the biggest incentive is, if I do beat you, then you’ve got some money for a charity which is great. However, you do have an advantage as you’ve already done one, and I already know that by doing one you’re better the next time. But man, I’m up for it, I’m up for it.
JB: But then again, you have the advantage in a racing car at the moment, you’re in a better car so… It’s pretty even.
LH: OK, let’s do it. It’s a date.

Q: (Ian Stafford – The Mail on Sunday) Question for DC, going back on the main thrust of today’s press conference, the triathlon. DC, you’ve always made a point of age is not an issue with you over the years, you’ve always slightly bridled when people have suggested that you’re getting on it, so on that basis, why don’t you make it a threesome?
DC: Well, as you well know when I took you cycling and you puked up half way up the hill…

Q: (Ian Stafford – The Mail on Sunday) I mean a threesome in the triathlon, David, by the way…
DC: No, but I’m talking about the training that you did. I’m 37-years old, for xxx’s sake. These are young kids.

Q: (Ian Stafford – The Mail on Sunday) So, age is now an issue, at last.
DC: Well, when I told you that I was 33. I’ll go along and hold the water bottles. I won’t enter. I think it’s a great challenge between the two of them. I think it’s fantastic that Lewis has taken the challenge in front of you all and it would only muddy the waters if I was there beating the two of them. You’d have.... asking me to come back, so…
:nosweat: Jenson wants to beat Hamilton not on track, but in the pool. Hahah, if this happens, we'll really have an enjoyable time, while both are running, swimming and cycling, meantime DC holding a water bottle :D
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

AzShadow

Re: Funny Triathlon Conversation - LH, JB, DC

Post by AzShadow » 04 Jul 2008, 10:14

Yeah it was a nice discussion but Hamilton won't be participating as his Dad decided otherwise:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 488803.stm

f1freak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by f1freak » 04 Jul 2008, 12:28

Anthony Hamilton a spoil sport ;).His son was doing it for charity.I think Lewis must have up called his dad from the press conference to get his approval :) unlike the decision he took in a promotional event during the turkish gp.

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 04 Jul 2008, 12:31

AzShadow wrote:Yeah it was a nice discussion but Hamilton won't be participating as his Dad decided otherwise:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 488803.stm
hmm, nice to see he`s a grown man, capable of taking decisions by himself, trying to be noble joining charity bets and have some fun in his life for ONE day . I`m sure the world champ decision is going to be in that day, Button must be a fool to take Hamilton with him on such an important day for Lewis`s carrer. :roll::

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 04 Jul 2008, 16:52

Where was father Hamilton when his son was flying upon a hoisted rope in Turkey for Vodafone PR activity? He did approve that because they earned money and he rejected triathlon thing because they won't earn any? In fact, they'll like have to pay some?

Geez! What a consistency!
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen