2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

shailf1
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2008 FORMULA 1 French Grand Prix

Post by shailf1 » 21 Jun 2008, 17:20

TwistedArmco wrote:Alonso will hopefully get a podium. Clean side of the grid, enough pace to keep JT behind, No Macs to worry about for a while. Only the rain will alter that.
look who is after trulli, kubica, he will be hunting these two in the first part of the race which would be interesting.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 21 Jun 2008, 17:41

shail69 wrote:
TwistedArmco wrote:Alonso will hopefully get a podium. Clean side of the grid, enough pace to keep JT behind, No Macs to worry about for a while. Only the rain will alter that.
look who is after trulli, kubica, he will be hunting these two in the first part of the race which would be interesting.
It could, and Kubica is on the clean side of the grid too. But hopefully (for me) the "Trulli Train" will arrive right on time and hold Kubica and the Red Bulls up. I want an Alonso podium! (Well, I wouldn't mind 4th place either, but a podium is best.)
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

flapshot
car driver
car driver

Post by flapshot » 21 Jun 2008, 17:45

I am amazed at the BMW's today. Very close to not making Q2! I'm thinking points for Hamilton, maybe 2 or 3 at most. The Fezza's are too quick, and Alonsa will nick a podium....I just hope it rains! ;)

Dark Templar
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Dark Templar » 21 Jun 2008, 17:49

BMW drivers have too many problems and i think that Kubica won't pass Alonso, but if he do there will be very interesting fight between those 2 great drivers !

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 21 Jun 2008, 19:06

AzShadow wrote:McLaren had anticipated Kovalainen's penalty so they fuelled him heavy to the Q3 which explained his result there.
Hamilton also have penalty, and he was 3rd. Both cars must have a similar time
Dark Templar wrote:BMW drivers have too many problems and i think that Kubica won't pass Alonso, but if he do there will be very interesting fight between those 2 great drivers !
I loved Alonso, and like Kubica. I would like to see them fighting, no matter who wins their battle. I also would like they fight for second and third position (kimi will win, and massa does any)

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 21 Jun 2008, 19:07

dacer wrote:
AzShadow wrote:McLaren had anticipated Kovalainen's penalty so they fuelled him heavy to the Q3 which explained his result there.
Dark Templar wrote:BMW drivers have too many problems and i think that Kubica won't pass Alonso, but if he do there will be very interesting fight between those 2 great drivers !
I loved Alonso, and like Kubica. I would like to see them fighting, no matter who wins their battle. I also would like they fight for second and third position (kimi will win, and massa does any)
Kovalainen tends to play second fiddle in the fact that he runs heavy.

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lucian » 21 Jun 2008, 19:13

Me too, I don't think Kubica will finish ahead of Alonso because his car looked a bit slow today, I got a bit nervous to see him struggle so much.

About Kovalainen I think he will do quite well in terms of pace, but his penalty almost ruins his chance. Let's hope he's very heavy. :pray:

dacer
Donator
Donator

Post by dacer » 21 Jun 2008, 19:27

lucian wrote:
Me too, I don't think Kubica will finish ahead of Alonso because his car looked a bit slow today, I got a bit nervous to see him struggle so much.

About Kovalainen I think he will do quite well in terms of pace, but his penalty almost ruins his chance. Let's hope he's very heavy. :pray:
But will Alonso end the race?. I don't bet for it

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 21 Jun 2008, 19:28

McLaren have said that Kovy is heavy because they suspected he would get a penalty (as the incident happened in Q1) so he will run a long first stint. Kimi's body language, his apparent elation (for him) and the fact he saved one lap, tells me that he is fuelled longer than Massa and Alonso, who i suspect is light in order to make Renault look good in front of their home crowd. Kubica is racing Trulli, but as someone else said 'The Trulli Train' could form, leading to Kubica, Webber and co to be stuck whilst Alonso gallops away. Ferrari 1-2 is a 99% chance i think (Malaysia repeat possible :) ) if they don't, they will look stupid and will waste a really good opportunity with ALL of their rivals struggling

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 21 Jun 2008, 19:35

phil1993 wrote:McLaren have said that Kovy is heavy because they suspected he would get a penalty (as the incident happened in Q1) so he will run a long first stint. Kimi's body language, his apparent elation (for him) and the fact he saved one lap, tells me that he is fuelled longer than Massa and Alonso, who i suspect is light in order to make Renault look good in front of their home crowd. Kubica is racing Trulli, but as someone else said 'The Trulli Train' could form, leading to Kubica, Webber and co to be stuck whilst Alonso gallops away. Ferrari 1-2 is a 99% chance i think (Malaysia repeat possible :) ) if they don't, they will look stupid and will waste a really good opportunity with ALL of their rivals struggling
If Kimi jumps Massa in the stops, I expect Massa won't be calm and will make a mistake.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 21 Jun 2008, 19:43

dacer wrote:
What do you mean "must have a similar time"? Hamilton is notably lighter and lost some tenths because of mistakes. He will most likely be on a aggressive 3-stopper while Heikki is on a heavier strategy (probably 2 stops).

Dark Templar
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Dark Templar » 21 Jun 2008, 22:36

phil1993 wrote:Ferrari 1-2 is a 99% chance i think (Malaysia repeat possible :) ) if they don't, they will look stupid and will waste a really good opportunity with ALL of their rivals struggling
i think that one of the Ferrari driver will have some problem, or there will be little accident between Raikkonen&Massa.
I wish i'm talking rubbish :D

blizzard
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by blizzard » 21 Jun 2008, 23:15

I think it looks like a typical Ferrari 1-2. If it doesn´t rain and massa stays professional i can´t see anybody beating the scuderia in france. Kimi looks stronger since q3, although massa looked stronger for the rest of the weekend.

My prediction is:
kimi 1st
massa 2nd
kubica 3rd
hamilton 4th

if it will be a dry race.

In it rains alonso will win and hamilton 2nd. kimi out massa in 4th or 5th.

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 21 Jun 2008, 23:27

dacer wrote:If race result was like grid (EVIDENT THIS WILL NOT REAL), Mclaren score 0 points while Ferrari 18. So ferrari will be 91 and Mclaren 53 (-38)
http://www.formula1.com/results/team/

Bravo Ron Dennis, another pathetic year you and yours!!!
^Wow ron dennis has had another pathetic year? sheer genius.

Ferrari 1-2 race winners tomorrow it will be easy for them now, i thought the bmws would be a little quicker than they were it looked like heidfield was struggling alot more than kubi, alonso has done a good job will be good to see how heavy/light he is running.... and what the hell is going at honda i wonder how long they will drag this car around the track its clearly underperforming i cant bear to watch them.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 22 Jun 2008, 05:41

phil1993 wrote:McLaren have said that Kovy is heavy because they suspected he would get a penalty (as the incident happened in Q1) so he will run a long first stint. Kimi's body language, his apparent elation (for him) and the fact he saved one lap, tells me that he is fuelled longer than Massa and Alonso, who i suspect is light in order to make Renault look good in front of their home crowd. Kubica is racing Trulli, but as someone else said 'The Trulli Train' could form, leading to Kubica, Webber and co to be stuck whilst Alonso gallops away. Ferrari 1-2 is a 99% chance i think (Malaysia repeat possible :) ) if they don't, they will look stupid and will waste a really good opportunity with ALL of their rivals struggling
Actually Ferrari only racing against each other(& may be Alonso too) ..as soon as they saw massa & alonso messed up they called kimi IN .. WISE Move!

Probably Massa has 1 or 2 lap extra fuel than kimi ... Alonso 2 lap less than kimi!
Actually Renault is not as bad as people think its just nelson struggle that makes it look so bad! :p

Its great chance Ferrari get maximum points.BMW & Mclaren should score as much point as possible ..if they go with big shoots planned its going to hurt them!
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO