Compare Kimi / Lewis in Montreal and Kimi / Sutil in Monaco

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Re: Compare Kimi / Lewis in Montreal and Kimi / Sutil in Monaco

Post by newtrex » 12 Jun 2008, 10:35

forzasab wrote:
WDC wrote: i think you need to take you hamilton tinted glasses off! :wave:

suntrek is right, to even hesitate on th thought of penalising kimi is just insane! that was an actual racing incodent...
hamilto wasnt racing anyone when the red light at the end of the pitlane was on.
and besides, nakijima in australa got a penalty (for the next race) for raming under safety car... it wasnt even in the pit lane!!!

i really dont understand how some of you can be defending hamilton still... i really dont. :sad:
Amateurs to the sport thats what it is! :huh:

agreed :thumbsup:

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 12 Jun 2008, 16:30

I was one who originally wanted a five place grid penalty, but since then I've read the rules, and for an avoidable incident it's 10 or nothing. 5 is just for gearbox changes and blocking. All the better, and perfectly correct given the stupidity in that pitlane.
Hamilton fans take comfort in the fact that sooner or later, I will probably eat my words, because Alonso or someone will do something stupid. That happens to me a lot.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 12 Jun 2008, 17:44

if you compare the two, both took out another car....so that's it,

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 13 Jun 2008, 02:01

sure thing it was a bit of driver error...that is so true Ferrari is always protected for some strange reson I dont understand it and poor Rosberg was use as a scape goat
sanredrose wrote:
joostlamers wrote:Same, both didn't pay attention. Both should get a penalty I think, but giving only Lewis a penalty is just insane.
That's the way it works .. A Ferrari WDC hits anyone he can walk scot free .. But if somebody hits Ferrari they should go home with a penalty !

Manny6
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Manny6 » 13 Jun 2008, 02:22

The truth is monaco and montreal are not the same type of accidents...the one in montreal should have been avoided and one in monaco could not have been avoided and what killing all of us Mclaren fans is that a pole position was wasted during a important strech of the seson...I might be the first saying the chance thrown away in canada could play the outcome of lewis's championship run...lets not forget this guy is only a second year driver he still have room to grow only reson this did not happen to many in the paddoc is during this time in their respective career's they were not fighting for a championship its a shame but a though lesson learned...and as lewis said he will come back stronger from this and I think he is right looking at his track record all his mistakes have been very costly ones but only happing once.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 13 Jun 2008, 11:33

Manny6 wrote:The truth is monaco and montreal are not the same type of accidents...the one in montreal should have been avoided and one in monaco could not have been avoided and what killing all of us Mclaren fans is that a pole position was wasted during a important strech of the seson...I might be the first saying the chance thrown away in canada could play the outcome of lewis's championship run...lets not forget this guy is only a second year driver he still have room to grow only reson this did not happen to many in the paddoc is during this time in their respective career's they were not fighting for a championship its a shame but a though lesson learned...and as lewis said he will come back stronger from this and I think he is right looking at his track record all his mistakes have been very costly ones but only happing once.
Don't hold your breath. The only room to grow that Hamilton's got is in procedural stuff, like the red light.
As for the rest, he's at his peak. His rookie season was the 10000 miles of testing he did in 2006/2007, and the first few races of 2007. I have noticed no distinct improvement from the Canadian GP of 2007 to the same of 2008.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

dazmoffman
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by dazmoffman » 13 Jun 2008, 15:41

aj2kuk wrote:I just thought that it was all so superbly scripted - after the race build up, with Hamilton once again comparing himself to Senna, he then goes and does something so unbelievably dumb, something that Senna would never have done in a month of Sundays. At the end of that pre-race interview, I said to my housemates: "He doesn't even deserve to mention Senna's name!"...within 30 minutes, I was proved right...

(btw...I'm expected some negative responses to this, just my personal opinion though!)
? when did hamiltion COMPARE himself to senna?

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 14 Jun 2008, 06:04

newtrex wrote:
forzasab wrote:
WDC wrote: i think you need to take you hamilton tinted glasses off! :wave:

suntrek is right, to even hesitate on th thought of penalising kimi is just insane! that was an actual racing incodent...
hamilto wasnt racing anyone when the red light at the end of the pitlane was on.
and besides, nakijima in australa got a penalty (for the next race) for raming under safety car... it wasnt even in the pit lane!!!

i really dont understand how some of you can be defending hamilton still... i really dont. :sad:
Amateurs to the sport thats what it is! :huh:
agreed :thumbsup:
Lewis mistake in Canada which was avoidable - agreed. Kimi's crash into Sutil was unavoidable - agreed.

In either case the driver has ruined another drivers race position So don't they need to be penalized ?

Its not a question of whether things are under the drivers control or not. If he ruins someone's race, then he has to take the flak of it. Not even Schumi was spared from this. Remember 2006 Monaco, the last few dying minutes of qualifying in the last corner of the lap, he missed the braking point and stood facing the fence .. he couldn't come back nor move forward and the best thing to do at that point was stand still and get the marshalls do the job. But it ruined Alonso and Webber's flying laps. Schumi was penalized 10 places and he started from 14th on the grid. I am not a fan of Schumi or Ferrari, but given the incident in the past is a clear example of what should be imposed on a driver who either knowingly or unknowingly spoils someone else race !

pokoknya
car driver
car driver

Post by pokoknya » 23 Aug 2008, 08:30

montreal 2008 was another silly mistake from Hamilton, as he done it in China. Obviously he have skills and speed, but sometimes he cracked under pressure. Thats a sign of immature, but the next few years he'll be more mature i believe.