2008 RBS Grand Prix du Canada , Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Who will win the RBS Canadian Grand Prix?

Poll ended at 07 Jun 2008, 15:11

Lewis Hamilton
26%
Kimi Raikkonen
38%
Felipe Massa
14%
Robert Kubica
13%
Nick Heidfeld
No votes
Heikki Kovalainen
3%
Mark Webber
6%
Fernando Alonso
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 69

mikhailv
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: 2008 RBS Grand Prix du Canada , Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by mikhailv » 09 Jun 2008, 08:37

joostlamers wrote:Ferrari International Assistance!! Do your thing!! F*ck up two races for Hamilton, yeah. This organisation p*sses me off, really starting to hate them. Raikkonen should also got punished, no doubt. He could have braked earlier for sure, but hey, that's what's the FIA for.
Well if Kimi is to be punished then so should Kubica, they both braked at the same time.

The difference between lewis in canada and kimi in monaco is the fact that Lewis' was undoubtedly 100% more dangerous. what woulda happened if lewis hit kimi, who rosberg hit lewis, and then fernando hit nico and so on. A car pile up in the pits? with all the pit crews, marshals e.t.c it was an extremely dangerous situation.

The fact is, lewis shouldnt need the team to tell him theres a red light, he should see it, like Kubica, like Raikkonen. He had panic, because he pitted, had a bad stop, kimi and robert got infront of him. And the cars were stationary when lewis hit them, he wasnt paying attention and his penalty is deserved.

In comparison with kimi in monte carlo, it was completely different. Track condition was different, it was half-dry, half wet. Lets not forget Coulthard screwed up on the same bit of track the day before, and yes it hit Sutil.

But all those moaning about him loosing his points, fail to remember that Sutil was to incour a 25 second grid penalty for overtaking under yellow flags. So thats dangerous too. Maybe lewis should have a 25 second penalty instead of a grid penalty.

It was lewis' fault not the teams. Ironic how when its success he thanks the team, when its failure, he blames the team.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 09 Jun 2008, 09:05

joostlamers wrote:Ferrari International Assistance!! Do your thing!! F*ck up two races for Hamilton, yeah. This organisation p*sses me off, really starting to hate them. Raikkonen should also got punished, no doubt. He could have braked earlier for sure, but hey, that's what's the FIA for.
!yahoo: !yahoo: i was soooo glad when i saw the penalty i started laughing so hard...
So according to you its Kimi's fault he stopped on the RED light??

Umm try selling that to the cops if you ram a car in front of you... "really sir, i didn't see the stop light because there was a car in front" :D

lame hamilton fans...

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 09 Jun 2008, 09:07

i don't know if anyone remembers but i came down on Kimi pretty hard after he took out sutil... and if he got 5 grid demotion @ Canada i would not complain... but there are 2 DIFFERENT situations,

Why? one was avoidable if only Saint.Lewis paid attention, and the other was a combination of racing/wet track

Its one thing to hit someone @ 250kph, and a totally another to hit them @30kph in the pits...

morsus
kart driver
kart driver

Post by morsus » 09 Jun 2008, 11:06

i would really..really really love to see a kimi mistake at magny-cours, smashing the rear of hamilton on the pit lane.
And just read all this comments, either ferrari biased, or macca biased, just turned around.

I think F1 wins a lot by not having the same old boring faces in podium and same old boring teams.

And congrats to BMW! And kubica, man, he's fast!!!

2 notes:
- Heidfeld is really struggling to keep up this year
- Kova, when is he going to start racing? He's on a macca and finishing almost in same places he did on a renault on the 2nd part of last season.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 09 Jun 2008, 11:27

No guys, Kimi didn't put a foot wrong in Canada, I'm talking about Monaco. Obvious penalty, he could have easily break earlier, he wasn't paying attention, just like Hamilton at the red light. They both shouldn't get punished, or both, but this is just ridiculous!! Makes me sick
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 09 Jun 2008, 13:05

morsus wrote:And congrats to BMW! And kubica, man, he's fast!!!

2 notes:
- Heidfeld is really struggling to keep up this year
- Kova, when is he going to start racing? He's on a macca and finishing almost in same places he did on a renault on the 2nd part of last season.
I just started working for BMW 3 months ago... and i have to say, i've got a bunch of emails from some pretty happy coworkers today :D :D

I'm so glad for their double victory, but just don't see them as having a real shot at the championship... not with Ferrari & McLaren having obviously a bit better cars...

premier
kart driver
kart driver

Post by premier » 09 Jun 2008, 14:00

Kimi didn't recieved a penalty in Monaco because he was stipide and the track - wet.
Lewis - both cars in from stopped, he hit the brake but it was Kubica in fornt of him !!!!!!!!! So the golden boy picked the right one to push. That's on purpose that is why he deserves penalty.
To say that FIA suppoers Ferrari is rediculous!! Rmember spygate when McLaren cars were found illegal and the drivers recieved no penalty because they didn't know? So what - he drives a car with stolen technology! In Suzuka Lewis also escaped penalty ! So please, don't say FIA backs Ferrari...

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 09 Jun 2008, 14:33

It's pretty hard for FIA because whenever they punish Ferrari, people accuse them of favoring McLaren and whenever they punish McLaren, people accuse them of favoring Ferrari. :p Everyone who has followed F1 even a bit longer knows that Ferrari too has got plenty of severe penalties from FIA.
Zack wrote: Firstly, what was wrong with heikki ..he made some mistakes ..to fair the race pace was very slow.Partly both the top teams failed to deliver :nosweat: Mclaren fail to radioed Ham abt red light and himself fail notice it in time! .. wasn't gr8 stop either ...outcome was Zero points! On other hand Ferrari f*** up massa ..both had to came in @ same lap but was ok untill Massa had that fuel less stop :nosweat: for some reason fuel rig fail to respond :blink:
Everthing from BMW was flawless ...Kubica was as usal awesome and was great to see Quick Nick getting back in speed ...IF he could have hold Kubica for few more laps he had chance of win :wink: .. but anyways good result ..spectacular Massa! Flawless kubica :thumbsup:
McLaren told Heikki to slow down because they noticed that his tyres were in such bad condition that they might have exploded. Of course Heikki's pace wasn't really good in general either.

Massa's pit stop was messed up yeah, he should have done what Heidfeld did and come later.

By the way, McLaren did inform Hamilton about the red light.

pacocopan
car driver
car driver

Post by pacocopan » 09 Jun 2008, 15:11

Another Hamilton blackout :blink: :blink: :blink:
If he wants to win the drivers championship, he must to learn to manage his nerves. Or, perhaps, he has to buy a good pair of glasses :cool: :cool: :cool:

About his punishment: Why Raikonnen must to be punished for hitting Sutil in Mónaco, when Hamilton wasn't punished after hitting Alonso in Bahrein? Anyone can answer this?

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 09 Jun 2008, 15:53

Lightning983 wrote:
!yahoo: !yahoo: i was soooo glad when i saw the penalty i started laughing so hard...
So according to you its Kimi's fault he stopped on the RED light??

Umm try selling that to the cops if you ram a car in front of you... "really sir, i didn't see the stop light because there was a car in front" :D

lame hamilton fans...
we Hamilton fans are loyal to him and support him whatever happens. If you are a fan, you will stick with them through the best and the worst. Its unfortunate that hes got the penalty on a track like Magny Cours, but history proves that if he runs a one-stopper he can get 3rd (See Raikkonen 2005 @ France).

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 09 Jun 2008, 16:00

Woops, Martin better watch what he says.
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 2702.shtml :D

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 09 Jun 2008, 16:41

AzShadow wrote:It's pretty hard for FIA because whenever they punish Ferrari, people accuse them of favoring McLaren and whenever they punish McLaren, people accuse them of favoring Ferrari. :p Everyone who has followed F1 even a bit longer knows that Ferrari too has got plenty of severe penalties from FIA.

McLaren told Heikki to slow down because they noticed that his tyres were in such bad condition that they might have exploded. Of course Heikki's pace wasn't really good in general either.

Massa's pit stop was messed up yeah, he should have done what Heidfeld did and come later.

By the way, McLaren did inform Hamilton about the red light.

My point exactly... when ferrari doesn't get punished its favorism, and the other way arround.
If you've watched F1 long enough you get used to it :D

I just don't like blatant favourism (something like last year's we'll DQ the team but the drivers stay)

Also, i didn't quite figure out what happened with the pit stops there... and i seriously doubt the tires could have "exploded" more like punctured :)
Last edited by Lightning983 on 09 Jun 2008, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 09 Jun 2008, 16:45

phil1993 wrote:we Hamilton fans are loyal to him and support him whatever happens. If you are a fan, you will stick with them through the best and the worst. Its unfortunate that hes got the penalty on a track like Magny Cours, but history proves that if he runs a one-stopper he can get 3rd (See Raikkonen 2005 @ France).
That's great, i'm all for that... but the problem is when you start calling out the FIA or the stewards for the mistakes your driver did.

That's not being a fan... that's being a fanatic. i know this for a fact because i was (still am) a Schumacher fanatic :D
Fergie1 wrote:Woops, Martin better watch what he says.
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 2702.shtml :D
Don't get it... so what?? its not like the "gypsies" watched the race in mass and go sooo offended...

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 09 Jun 2008, 16:47

i found it [martin brundle +pikey thing] quite funny to be honest! yeah, the FIA are slightly Ferrari biased but a penalty is a penalty and these things happen. What a difference a year makes for Hamilton and Kubica!

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 09 Jun 2008, 17:25

lealjaime wrote:
dacer wrote:
Fergie1 wrote: You really are pathetic mate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fojK1fER ... re=related

REPLY THIS VIDEO, DON'T GO SLEEP NOW!!!

you are right men alonso engine still works an the man in video says no help

but in the other hand a a special crane come to help hamilton in a raining race, and that crane forgot another 4 pilots that has the same situation ????? thats special tratment right

pleople are right kimi needs a penalty for leave boxes in red a 10 places in france. halmiton its free of guilty becuase uk press say so....
If someone claims Hamilton is free of guilt, then its madness. Leave out the British media, for them all that counts is Lewis & only Lewis. But when you look at the sport outside the box of Ferrari or Mclaren, you would definitely wonder why is that one incident goes punished while the other doesn't.

!yahoo: There is another cheeky explanation for this ... Hamilton as well as Schumacher were pushed back into the track in European GP held in Luxembourgh. Its almost a German heartland with Schumi & Mercedes being their poster boys. Its pretty obvious they got some help. While Alonso spun in Italy in a Renault .. Cmon man .. Its Ferrari that matters for Tifosi ~ not a Renault ! If the same had happened in Spain definitely someone would have pushed him into the track ! :shhh: