Rise of BMW Sauber

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
AzShadow

Re: Rise of BMW Sauber

Post by AzShadow » 20 Apr 2008, 16:36

[u][url=http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080420003946.shtml]http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080420003946.shtml[/url][/u] wrote: BMW Sauber "fired up with incentive"

BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen is more than pleased with his team's performance.

Over the first three rounds of this year's F1 season, the efforts of the BMW Sauber team resulted in a podium position at each Grand Prix so far, a fastest race lap, one pole position, and the lead of the constructors' championship – the latter being a historic first for the team.

"It was a textbook start to the season for our BMW Sauber F1 Team," Theissen proudly stated. "We're no longer the number three team, as last year, but over the first three races we have carved out our niche right up among the top three teams. The workforces in Munich and Hinwil are accordingly elated and fired up with incentive."

The three-week break between races was an opportunity to try out new components and configurations at the factory in addition to the four-day group test held on the Catalunya circuit, the same track which will serve for the Spanish Grand Prix next week-end.

"The race in Barcelona is almost like a second start to the season," Theissen remarked, in reference to the many developments all teams have been working on.

"The Circuit de Catalunya is one that makes wide-ranging demands and is frequently used for testing by the teams.
It has often served as a yardstick for their general competitiveness," Theissen explained. "Here all the teams will be taking a step forward on the development front, us included. Afterwards there will be a fresh assessment of how things stand."

rainzz
car driver
car driver

Post by rainzz » 21 Apr 2008, 15:19

f199 wrote:BMW have done very when to be leading the constructor standings and being high up in the places in both Qualifying and the Race.
Yeah I totally agree with you. BMW definitely deserves some praise for managing to come up on top. Doesn't happen overnight these kinda things. So now we just gotta watch and see how BMW fares. For me, I'm definitely rooting for them no matter what anyone says >.<!!

btw, I for one would also like to see a BMW vs Mclaren-Mercedes one day :pray:

f199
kart driver
kart driver

Post by f199 » 21 Apr 2008, 15:34

rainzz wrote:I for one would also like to see a BMW vs Mclaren-Mercedes one day :pray:
Not BMW vs Ferrari which we got at this point in time or it could be all 3 of them.

rainzz
car driver
car driver

Post by rainzz » 22 Apr 2008, 17:30

Well yeah you got a point.. but just interesting to see BMW vs Merc as they're already rivals in the automotive industry, so now let's take this rivalry to F1!! hehe anyway, a 3 way dance is good as well instead of total Ferrari/Mclaren dominance.

dylan
car driver
car driver

Post by dylan » 26 Apr 2008, 10:50

kubica! absolute star of the future

spf4000
car driver
car driver

Post by spf4000 » 30 Apr 2008, 06:40

I'm glad they were able to actually make some progress out of their investment into F1, unlike the two Japanese manufacturers spending loads of money yet making absolutely no progress.... *Sigh*

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 09 Jun 2008, 07:12

Great win to Kubica, he was in the right place at the right time. BMW has to keep their efforts, they deserve it.

reyhan
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by reyhan » 09 Jun 2008, 11:14

What a result, fantastic job, perfect driving, perfect strategy, perfect reliability... PERFECT TEAM
BMW Power

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 19 Jun 2008, 12:44

f199 wrote:btw, I for one would also like to see a BMW vs Mclaren-Mercedes one day :pray:

answer: break-away series....GP1 :cheezy: Flag:##

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 19 Jun 2008, 19:18

megasyxx wrote:
f199 wrote:btw, I for one would also like to see a BMW vs Mclaren-Mercedes one day :pray:

answer: break-away series....GP1 :cheezy: Flag:##
Tis is a nice one .. Breakaway series GP1 !!

Dark Templar
kart driver
kart driver

Post by Dark Templar » 19 Jun 2008, 20:51

phil1993 wrote: I think BMW will win this year, but by 2010 they will be beginning to falter as other teams will progress further (like Honda and Renault)
FUNNY :nosweat: :nosweat: :nosweat:

megasyxx
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by megasyxx » 20 Jun 2008, 17:41

the truth is, other teams will have a hard time to catch up coz f1 today don't have no stable regulations...like for next year, they'll reverting back to slicks and even more aero mods as well banning driver aids. i bet things will turn around again in the very near future.

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 09 Jul 2008, 22:40

What do you all think abt BMW's pace from the recent British GP & German Testing ?? I sort of feel that are right now in a midfield battle with RedBull & Toyota !

color
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by color » 10 Jul 2008, 15:25

sanredrose wrote:What do you all think abt BMW's pace from the recent British GP & German Testing ?? I sort of feel that are right now in a midfield battle with RedBull & Toyota !
just typical BMW testing. they don't need to be fast during testing, nor on Fridays. but they most likely will be fast next Saturday.

this is all that matters.

maybe they will try to put NH on pole, for PR reasons. but it has nothing to do with their real pace either.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 10 Jul 2008, 18:43

Just because they don't want to test with low fuel doesn't mean that they wouldn't be fast. Of course it's reasonable to try sometimes with low fuel too to see how good the pace is. But during winder testing BMW tested the whole time with high fuel and thus managed to hide their pace from everybody although Alonso for instance noticed their sandbagging.