10 place grid penalty for Hamilton and Rosberg

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

10 place grid penalty for Hamilton and Rosberg

Post by TwistedArmco » 08 Jun 2008, 19:07

I know it won't happen for Hamilton, because Hamilton is fighting for the championship, and the FIA are loathe to touch him, but it should happen for parity's sake.

Nakajima drove into Kubica in Oz. He got a ten place grid penalty for the next race.

For the sake of fairness, Rosberg and Hamilton should get one.

At least McLaren should be fined for not telling him. But essentially, Lewis knocked out Raikkonen who had essentially just overtaken him due to lack of attention.
No, I'm not calmer. Just more jaded.

misko jones
kart driver
kart driver

Re: 5 place grid penalty for Hamilton and Rosberg

Post by misko jones » 08 Jun 2008, 19:09

I TOTALLY AGREE
I was so pissed when that happend...

newtrex
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by newtrex » 08 Jun 2008, 19:26

it should be....

I was very annoyed when that happened...

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 08 Jun 2008, 20:17

I love it when people aren't objective about penalty's. Raikkonen didn't get one for accidentally hitting Sutil so why should Hamilton get one for hitting him accidentally? They are both level with each other and there are plenty of races to go and chances for both of them.

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 08 Jun 2008, 20:22

Fergie1 wrote:I love it when people aren't objective about penalty's. Raikkonen didn't get one for accidentally hitting Sutil so why should Hamilton get one for hitting him accidentally? They are both level with each other and there are plenty of races to go and chances for both of them.
Well you've raised two issues there.

1. The nature of the incident. I think that Hamilton's was more like Nakajima's back in Oz, in a slow speed situation, a simple loss of attention. Kimi's was him losing control on a freak damp patch. One is a racing incident, one isn't. One was accidental, one negligent.

2. "They are both level with each other..". So you think that because they are at the head of the table, they are exempt. By the way, the stewards will bear me out. Trauen mich.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 08 Jun 2008, 20:24

Finnish media claims that Hamilton and Rosberg have got 10 place penalty but I can't see confirmation in international pages yet.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 08 Jun 2008, 20:24

I m sure Hamilton & rosberg will get penalize.

Fergie1 ..how could you compare Monaco incident with this 1 :blink:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 08 Jun 2008, 20:24

TwistedArmco wrote:
Fergie1 wrote:I love it when people aren't objective about penalty's. Raikkonen didn't get one for accidentally hitting Sutil so why should Hamilton get one for hitting him accidentally? They are both level with each other and there are plenty of races to go and chances for both of them.
Well you've raised two issues there.

1. The nature of the incident. I think that Hamilton's was more like Nakajima's back in Oz, in a slow speed situation, a simple loss of attention. Kimi's was him losing control on a freak damp patch. One is a racing incident, one isn't. One was accidental, one negligent.

2. "They are both level with each other..". So you think that because they are at the head of the table, they are exempt. By the way, the stewards will bear me out. Trauen mich.
1. I don't see why any accident should be penalised even with Nakajima in Oz.
2. No, I meant that so its less pain for Kimi fans then it would be if Hamilton went onto win the race afterwards.
3. I compared it because it was an accident, regardless of how it occurred. He didn't deliberately smash Kimi-car's(lol at Robert in the press conference) rear wing off.

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 08 Jun 2008, 20:29

TwistedArmco
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by TwistedArmco » 08 Jun 2008, 20:39

Well, you might as well take this off, admin, because it's academic, given that penalties have been handed out.