2008 RBS Grand Prix du Canada , Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Who will win the RBS Canadian Grand Prix?

Poll ended at 07 Jun 2008, 15:11

Lewis Hamilton
26%
Kimi Raikkonen
38%
Felipe Massa
14%
Robert Kubica
13%
Nick Heidfeld
No votes
Heikki Kovalainen
3%
Mark Webber
6%
Fernando Alonso
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 69

markpaz455
kart driver
kart driver

Re: 2008 RBS Canadian Grand Prix

Post by markpaz455 » 03 Jun 2008, 03:42

I hope Heikki can get a podium at least..........he's been really having lots of bad luck

premier
kart driver
kart driver

Post by premier » 03 Jun 2008, 19:33

Now is the time for the World Champ to show why he is the champ. I think Lewis will be very strong.

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 04 Jun 2008, 07:26

i think kimi strikes back like fenix from the fires of hell
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!

Arrows_F1
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by Arrows_F1 » 04 Jun 2008, 12:57

Räikkönen really needs a win to proof, that he is still the champion, otherwise he will get under pressure. Hamilton wants to win second time in Canada. He won his first race here, so he will be motivated.
If there's rain...SUTIL FOR PODIUM :nosweat:

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 04 Jun 2008, 19:57

Looks like a dry race...
Friday: min 17, max 27 degrees, rain chance: 60%
Saturday: min 17, max 30 degrees, rain chance: 55%
Sunday: min 19, max 31 degrees, rain chance: 30%
:wave:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

kimifantuga
kart driver
kart driver

Post by kimifantuga » 04 Jun 2008, 22:00

"I don't remember a Canadian Grand Prix that hasn't been neutralised by the safety car and I expect that to happen on Sunday,"... "If it does, we have to be really cautious with our strategy because of the balance of the field.
With the rules, luck is really important under these circumstances if you want to win. Let's hope that if the safety car has to be employed, it will be at an opportune moment for us." -kimi words
i wrote the same opinion one week ago
kimi will be back to the top!!!!

TorqueSteer
car driver
car driver

Post by TorqueSteer » 05 Jun 2008, 00:48

If Ferrari return to their dominant form - providing it isn't wet, although I've no complaints if it is :P - then I think Raikkonen can will win it. But if the same thing happens as last year, and this proves to be a McLaren circuit and they continue their run of form coming away from Monaco, then I think Hamilton will win it.

Ferrari took a one-two on the grid at Monaco, so I think they are still the team to beat in normal weather conditions (i.e. dry).

We'll see what happens...

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 05 Jun 2008, 05:13

joostlamers wrote:Looks like a dry race...
Friday: min 17, max 27 degrees, rain chance: 60%
Saturday: min 17, max 30 degrees, rain chance: 55%
Sunday: min 19, max 31 degrees, rain chance: 30%
:wave:
Montreal doesn't need rain :p It will be interesting even in dry condition :cheezy:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

hannibal_rising
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by hannibal_rising » 05 Jun 2008, 14:02

It is hard to know what is going to happen now... Last year Mclaren's performance was clearly good.. but this year is no like that... But seems they are improving... I think if they are competitive in Canada we can really expect a good performance the rest of the year... If not.. probably it would be a ferrari's year...
I think (and wish) McLaren have a really good option in Canada....

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Jun 2008, 15:49

Autosport.com:

Canadian Grand Prix officials have made modifications to the wall where Robert Kubica crashed spectacularly in last year's race in a bid to prevent a similar accident this time around.

Kubica smashed into the concrete wall on the run down to the hairpin after losing his front wing in a collision with Jarno Trulli in the 2007 event, and the FIA and Circuit Gilles Villeneuve officials have since evaluated what could be done to improve safety for this year's race.

In the end, it was decided that the best thing would be to move the wall closer to the track - to ensure that any angle of impact is much less should another car go off in a similar accident.

Furthermore, improved debris fencing has been added in a bid to ensure that should a car get launched into the air like Kubica's last year , then it will not endanger cars heading out of the hairpin on the other side of the wall.

Kubica himself has said that he feels no special feelings about returning to the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve after last year's accident.

When asked by autosport.com if there will be any emotions when he hit the track again in Canada, Kubica said: "I don't think so. Like always at every grand prix I will try to do my best. And after the accident of last year there will be no effect – there was no effect until now."

The Canadian Grand Prix could become a very interesting race weekend as thunderstorms are expected in the city of Montreal. While on Thursday they expected partly cloudy and dry weather the weather forecasts predict thunderstorms on Friday through to Sunday.

It looks as if we could be in for a very wet weekend, with predictions veering from thunderstorms to showers and back to thunderstorms in recent days.

At present, Thursday is forecast to be partly cloudy and dry with an ambient temperature high of 24 degrees Celsius. There will then be thunderstorms on Friday through to Sunday, with the temperature fluctuating between 26 and 29 degrees.

The Wall which Robert Kubica hit last year in the race has been moved closer to the circuit, about a metre from the outside of the track

[FIN]SpeedFreak
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by [FIN]SpeedFreak » 05 Jun 2008, 15:52

hannibal_rising wrote:It is hard to know what is going to happen now... Last year Mclaren's performance was clearly good.. but this year is no like that... But seems they are improving... I think if they are competitive in Canada we can really expect a good performance the rest of the year... If not.. probably it would be a ferrari's year...
Clearly good? Only in one car, that was Ham's car. Alonso was eh, "tourist" in last years Canadian Grand Prix... :shhh:
I think that if Kimi can have good weekend, he should win it, Hamilton can be one big pain in ass. But still I think that Kimi will show no mercy to Ham.

phil1993

Post by phil1993 » 05 Jun 2008, 16:37

Where Kubica had his crash last year: wall moved closer:
Canada Track changes.jpg
Race Odds (William Hill):

Hamilton 13/8
Raikkonen 15/8
Massa 3/1
Kovy 7/1
Kubica 14/1
Alonso 20/1
Heidfeld 25/1
Rosberg 66/1
Webber 80/1
Trulli 100/1
Button 100/1
Barrichello 125/1
Nakajima 125/1
Coulthard 125/1
Glock 150/1
Piquet 150/1
Vettel 200/1
Bourdais 250/1
Fisichella 250/1
Sutil 250/1

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 05 Jun 2008, 16:42

misko jones wrote:
sanredrose wrote:I think we all are writing off Kovalinen. He was quick in all the places. He wasn't able to convert them to good finished due to some misfortune. I am mounting on Kovalinen to win the Canadian Grand Prix. With all due to Mclaren fanaticism i would be happy to see Lewis come home in 2nd place if Kovi wins. It would be an interesting situation to see where Mclaren stands when Kovalinen wins and Hamilton comes runner up !
In fact last year Candian gp was the beginning of a lot of pointing races for kova
Yeah .. then lets mount for Kovalainen ..

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 05 Jun 2008, 16:44

FerrariFan[FIN] wrote:
hannibal_rising wrote:It is hard to know what is going to happen now... Last year Mclaren's performance was clearly good.. but this year is no like that... But seems they are improving... I think if they are competitive in Canada we can really expect a good performance the rest of the year... If not.. probably it would be a ferrari's year...
Clearly good? Only in one car, that was Ham's car. Alonso was eh, "tourist" in last years Canadian Grand Prix... :shhh:
I think that if Kimi can have good weekend, he should win it, Hamilton can be one big pain in ass. But still I think that Kimi will show no mercy to Ham.
Actually alonso wasn't touring that track .. he immersed himself into a deep thought of driving a Minardi and left Sato to pass him ! He probably decided to test the off track fencing and debris & give some feedback to Canadian GP Authorities ? !yahoo:

uncleben
kart driver
kart driver

Post by uncleben » 06 Jun 2008, 03:49

misko jones wrote:I think BMW will be fighting harder thatn last few races... Ferrari will improve the monaco stinting and Mclaren will keep the pressure...
I poll for a 3 coloured podium
That would be great, but I must ask you what the three colors are gonna be and in what order.
I'm guessing Kubica, Hamilton, and Kimi.

But thats just me