Alonso to Ferrari in 2011? (see P.16)

This forum gives you a chance to be able to communicate with your fellow F1 fans.
MansellRed5
kart driver
kart driver

Re: Alonso Signs for Ferrari

Post by MansellRed5 » 24 May 2008, 20:59

I think it's way to early to speculate. I wouldn't read too much into this unless something official is announced.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: F1 News

Post by JoostLamers » 24 May 2008, 21:15

Soyyo wrote:
Alonso signs for Ferrari
The word in the F1 paddock in Monte Carlo is that Fernando Alonso has just inked a deal to drive for Ferrari in 2010.

No confirmation is expected for a year, and there may be denials of any arrangement, as there would obviously be some serious knock-on effects for other parties in the F1 paddock.

Alonso went to Renault this year after splitting with McLaren unexpectedly at the end of last season. It was a stop-gap solution for the Spaniard, although it was dressed up as the big return to the team with which he won his two World Championships. This year the team's performance has been rather disappointing and Fernando has scored just nine points, while Nelson Piquet has failed to score and the team is languishing in seventh place in the Constructors' Championship. Unless there is a dramatic improvement soon the team will have no hope of finishing the year better than fourth in the championship and there have been rumours for some time that ING may be looking around at other opportunities.

Fernando has made no secret of the fact that he will consider other offers if they are sensible. He has been angling for a ride at Ferrari for some time. It may seem that is a rather premature move, but these days in F1 deals are being done much earlier than used to be the case. Kimi Raikkonen's deal with Ferrari, which began in 2007, was first reported as being done as early as October 2005. Alonso's 2007 deal with McLaren was announced in December 2005. Thus now would be the time that deals are being done for 2010.

SOURCE: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns20397.html
IMO it's to early to speak of Ferrari signing somebody for 2010. Right now they have 2 of the best drivers Kimi and Massa, one is leading and the other is the runner up in the championship race.
I think they are after Kimi for 1-2 years more with the team, and happy with Massa. So they won't be looking for a replacement in this moment.
Very strong rumour this is!! I'm reading it everywhere, Dutch commentator was also talking about it, and he doesn't talk about this sorts of topics
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Re: Alonso to Ferrari ??

Post by donald29 » 25 May 2008, 08:26

What happened to my thread on this? 0_o

Anyway it will be cos Kimi retires end of 09, either that or it isn't true

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 25 May 2008, 08:39

donald29 wrote:What happened to my thread on this? 0_o
It was merged with this "already" opened thread.
Your message is also transferred.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

AzShadow

Post by AzShadow » 25 May 2008, 09:03

It's just the regular silly season going on. Everyone is pondering if Alonso's contract is for one year or two so now they think he's going to Ferrari or BMW or anywhere. There are also good rumors and bad rumors and so far I haven't seen any major F1 site to pick this up.

donald29
F1 Routinier
F1 Routinier

Post by donald29 » 25 May 2008, 09:16

Ok thanks xyneid.

I don't think those BMW rumours are true...

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 26 May 2008, 16:20

I don't believe this rumour. But it can be true ... Alonso's always seems to show more concern for Ferrari on and off the track. In the press statement after race at Monaco, he compared his pointless finish to that of Kimi & Ferrari's results at Monaco. He seems to be a more likely choice for Ferrari if they have Kimi leaving the team in 2009. If not i don't think they would hire Alonso.

CherryBomb
car driver
car driver

Post by CherryBomb » 26 May 2008, 17:48

Last year the press pretty much said that Alonso was going to Ferrari and that Massa was going to Toyota - next thing you know, Massa was signed until 2010.

Who knows. If it's true, I hope it's Kimi he's replacing that's for sure.

EwmanM
kart driver
kart driver

Post by EwmanM » 26 May 2008, 23:53

CherryBomb wrote:Last year the press pretty much said that Alonso was going to Ferrari and that Massa was going to Toyota - next thing you know, Massa was signed until 2010.

Yeah get kimi out
boring robot

Sanredrose
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Sanredrose » 27 May 2008, 14:54

EwmanM wrote:
CherryBomb wrote:Last year the press pretty much said that Alonso was going to Ferrari and that Massa was going to Toyota - next thing you know, Massa was signed until 2010.

Yeah get kimi out
boring robot
I wouldn't accept that. Kimi stepped into the team and won the WDC rightaway. A feat which Massa has failed to do. In 2007 he had the experience with team over Kimi, but all i saw was only his ways to lose lead to Kimi. In the initial stages Kimi was 4th in WDC and later half Kimi was way above Massa .. So i won't accept anyone calling him a Robot.

Kimi gave his best in 2003 and 2005 at Mclaren .. Probably if Ferrari wants him to leave, then i hope he comes back home to Mclaren. !yahoo:

MP4/4#12
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by MP4/4#12 » 27 May 2008, 16:31

[quote="sanredrose
I wouldn't accept that. Kimi stepped into the team and won the WDC rightaway. A feat which Massa has failed to do. In 2007 he had the experience with team over Kimi, but all i saw was only his ways to lose lead to Kimi. In the initial stages Kimi was 4th in WDC and later half Kimi was way above Massa .. So i won't accept anyone calling him a Robot.

Kimi gave his best in 2003 and 2005 at Mclaren .. Probably if Ferrari wants him to leave, then i hope he comes back home to Mclaren. !yahoo:[/quote]

He`s calling him a robot, cause sometimes he acts like that, the guy doesn`t talk, some like it some others don`t. kimi always said he wouldn`t be a F1 driver for many years, he would never do the same as Schumacher did, 16 years driving, so maybe it`s HIM that wants to leave not Ferrari, i guess he`s chasing another WDC crown and then he`ll leave, who knows, but i am sure you won`t see him at mclaren again. Alonso is the perfect choice if he leaves.

Zack
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by Zack » 27 May 2008, 18:22

I think Kubica is the best option and now massa has outclass himself ..so their no real need of Alonso :p

"Boring Robot" ..actually such character/Attitude is very rare and i find it :cool:
Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings PEACE -Buddha
There is no point in defining a point... But there is a point in trying -Zack

ImageImage
[Videos]

Donate & support us
-ZACK- IO

jtbyrne33@hotmail.com
car driver
car driver

Post by jtbyrne33@hotmail.com » 27 May 2008, 18:48

If Alonso does get the Ferrari deal in 2010, Kimi will retire at the end of the 2009 season. Kimi is not a lifer by any means

andh
car driver
car driver

Post by andh » 28 May 2008, 12:44

I don't think that Alonso and Raikkonen in one team is a good idea. From my point of view Massa is a very good second driver. He has no chance to seriously challange Raikkonen but can win some races a year. So the perfect replacement for Barrichello. Ferrari should keep Massa as long as Raikkonen drives for them.

EwmanM
kart driver
kart driver

Post by EwmanM » 28 May 2008, 14:42

Look guys im joking about the Robot thing :S
But you have to admit he's either drunk or he's either quiet. Wt a driver :P

I'm starting to think the BMW deal seems more viable! Massa/Alonso wnt work, yet I feel Alonso/Kimi would seriously, there's alot of respect there between those 2 drivers.