Other
1%

Total votes: 109

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco

Post by Ali » 25 May 2008, 18:03

formulaonemadman wrote:wha thappens with the predictions thing as dc didn't qualify but he was in top 10 last shhotout, as webber was in it as well- does it make it 4 teams got in last qualifing/top ten for race
Well, DC was actually qualified into final Q3. So there were 3 teams in top 10 quali as being Ferrari, McLaren and RedBull.
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 25 May 2008, 18:07

xyneid wrote:
formulaonemadman wrote:wha thappens with the predictions thing as dc didn't qualify but he was in top 10 last shhotout, as webber was in it as well- does it make it 4 teams got in last qualifing/top ten for race
Well, DC was actually qualified into final Q3. So there were 3 teams in top 10 quali as being Ferrari, McLaren and RedBull.
yeah sorry i forgot that heidfeld didn't get it so its still 3 and i lost another point there :sad: :sad:
thanks shail69 for the avator!!!

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?P36

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 25 May 2008, 18:09

Fergie1 wrote:Stewards take no action on Raikkonen and Sutil Crash.
Linky
Absolutely shocking, regardless of who I support and some people would like to believe I think this way because I am a McLaren fan. I would feel Hamilton should get penalized if it was him in Raikkonen's position. Infact Hamilton would of been penalized. FIA should stop been so f*****g biased.
Now you wouldn't ... if Hamilton did that (or happened to him) you would defent him... just as any fan would... probably :D

Also this is getting so off topic, but there are lots of cases where something like this happened, and penalties varied... that's why we NEED a unified steward system...

Also, the main fault for this (for my at least) is the FIA... them banning engine braking caused this, and Coultard's accident... i don't remember something like this happening a lot before...

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 25 May 2008, 18:12

the accident involving raiko and suttil was a shame but he didn't do it deliberatly-he caught a wet patch coming out of the tunnel and colided into suttil by accident-just becoz it was suttil doesn't mean he should get a penalty-it was a accident becoz of the weather and there is nothing anyone can do about it

Mitsuro Sano
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Mitsuro Sano » 25 May 2008, 19:03

Of course it's sad for Sutil but I think Raikkonen shouldn't be penalized for this accident because he lost control of his car and , unfortunately, Sutil was in front of him. As many other accident ( except Alonso - Heidfeld maybe ), it was a racing incident. Anyway, the race was spectacular!!

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 25 May 2008, 19:11

Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari (9th):
"A very poor race for me, right from the off. There was a problem with a wheel before the start and we broke the rules, which meant I was given a drive-through penalty. During the race, my main problem was trying to get the tyres to work as well as possible. Then we decided to change the strategy as we expected it to rain again, but it didn't happen. Twice I had to change the nose after breaking the front wing. So, as you can see, a long run of things going wrong which explains the 0 points. I am sorry for Sutil, who I hit with just a few laps to go. I lost control of the car under braking coming out of the tunnel and I could do nothing to avoid him. It's a shame how things went today, as we had the potential to do well. It's true that I've lost the championship lead, but I always said the championship would be a very long one. Now we must prepare as well as possible for Canada where we will try to make up for this disappointment."
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it by not dying" -Woody Allen

flashman
kart driver
kart driver

Post by flashman » 25 May 2008, 19:30

It was definitely the most eventful and exciting race for a long time. It was the best opportunity for the drivers to shine - on such a track, in such conditions the driver was a lot more important than the car. Felipe, despite one mistake, which probably cost him 2nd place, showed really good skills. For me the best driver today was Kubica - faultless race, he did the best he could in such a car, which isn't a car of dreams. Of course Hamilton was very good, but without McLaren it wouldn't be that good for him. Raikkonen was unbelieveably weak today, so many mistakes from the WCH (unfortunately one of them hurt another driver :<>:. I was positive surprised by Sutil, fantastic driving despite a bad car, sadly didn't finish :sad: . In conclusion, I wish it weren't the last wet race in the season, I want more :cheezy: !

Suntrek
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Suntrek » 25 May 2008, 19:34

Linky
Absolutely shocking, regardless of who I support and some people would like to believe I think this way because I am a McLaren fan. I would feel Hamilton should get penalized if it was him in Raikkonen's position. Infact Hamilton would of been penalized. FIA should stop been so f*****g biased.
If so, why didn't you call for a Hamilton penalty when he ran into the back of Alonso a couple of races ago? If I remember correctly you accused Alonso of braketesting rather than calling for a Hamilton penalty.... :roll::

Joking apart, of course Kimi wasn't penalized as he didn't break any rules. He may have been a bit clumsy or asleep, but that's not against the rules. If it was, we would have loads of drivers penalized every race, Hamilton included. Period. The only one biased in this case is you, I think.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Lightning983
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by Lightning983 » 25 May 2008, 19:43

formulaonemadman wrote:the accident involving raiko and suttil was a shame but he didn't do it deliberatly-he caught a wet patch coming out of the tunnel and colided into suttil by accident-just becoz it was suttil doesn't mean he should get a penalty-it was a accident becoz of the weather and there is nothing anyone can do about it

There wasn't a wet patch there... the track was almost all dry at that time... as was when coultard crashed in saturday... probably just combination of cold tires and trying too hard to make a point by passing / getting close to Sutil...

Lilellatho
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Lilellatho » 25 May 2008, 19:44

You people need to calm down about the Kimi/Sutil incident. I guess you are all a bit emotional about this, cause here was a guy driving for a backmarker team having a cracker of a race (man of the race by far)

Kimi made a mistake and braked on a wet patch with his brakes not fully up to temperature and well, the rest is history. I mean, he tried his best to avoid contact, he did like what, 4 opposite lock moves? :blink: If Sutil weren't in front of him, you'd all be saying what a great save that was. But Adrien was there, s*** happens, it's the nature of racing...
Kimi appologized for it and admitted it was his mistake. Nothing to add, really...

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 25 May 2008, 19:45

Hamilton first British winner since Graham Hill (1969), Coulthard is Scottish :p
Quote Hamilton: 'My pace was ridiculous'.
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Ali
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Ali » 25 May 2008, 19:52

joostlamers wrote:Hamilton first British winner since Graham Hill (1969), Coulthard is Scottish :p
Quote Hamilton: 'My pace was ridiculous'.
It's very ironic when ITV commentators during a race make their comments on British drivers, they include Coulthard (along with Lewis, Jenson and Anthony) but when it comes to "race win", do they exclude him as he's a Scottish driver, not a British?

Very ironic indeed.

Fergie1
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by Fergie1 » 25 May 2008, 19:53

Suntrek wrote:
Linky
If so, why didn't you call for a Hamilton penalty when he ran into the back of Alonso a couple of races ago? If I remember correctly you accused Alonso of braketesting rather than calling for a Hamilton penalty.... :roll::

Joking apart, of course Kimi wasn't penalized as he didn't break any rules. He may have been a bit clumsy or asleep, but that's not against the rules. If it was, we would have loads of drivers penalized every race, Hamilton included. Period. The only one biased in this case is you, I think.
Ok your right on the Kimi crash, It wasn't his fault and he doesn't deserve a penalty I can see that now. But why do you feel the need to drag up sh*t from races ago? We know it wasn't a brake test now, but it looked like one.
Also FIA has/is been biased on inconsistent steward decisions but as I was over-reacting earlier, today wasn't one.

CherryBomb
car driver
car driver

Post by CherryBomb » 25 May 2008, 20:10

Great race - wanted Felipe to win so much, but he did well nevertheless.

formulaonemadman
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Post by formulaonemadman » 25 May 2008, 20:30

Lilellatho wrote:You people need to calm down about the Kimi/Sutil incident. I guess you are all a bit emotional about this, cause here was a guy driving for a backmarker team having a cracker of a race (man of the race by far)

Kimi made a mistake and braked on a wet patch with his brakes not fully up to temperature and well, the rest is history. I mean, he tried his best to avoid contact, he did like what, 4 opposite lock moves? :blink: If Sutil weren't in front of him, you'd all be saying what a great save that was. But Adrien was there, s*** happens, it's the nature of racing...
Kimi appologized for it and admitted it was his mistake. Nothing to add, really...
exactly-raiko is not blaming anyone aprt from himself and he did try to avoid it like lilellatho said and we shouldn't all blame him becoz sutill missed out