1%

Total votes: 109

Soyyo
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Re: 2008 Monaco Grand Prix - Grand Prix de Monaco

Post by Soyyo » 24 May 2008, 20:40

Stewards confirm penalty for Fisichella
The Race Stewards in Monaco have confirmed that Giancarlo Fisichella will receive a five-place grid penalty after changing the gearbox in his Force India following this morning's final free practice session.

This is a breach of Article 28.6A of the 2008 FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations.

The Stewards had previously confirmed that Sebastian Vettel will receive a similar penalty for replacing the gearbox on his Toro Rosso prior to the third free practice session.

The German is actually using a totally new car in Monaco, but the gearbox rule still applies.

SOURCE: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=34924
The penalty doesn't matter but is not a good present for his 200 GP

Soyyo
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soyyo » 24 May 2008, 20:49

Lewis surprised by Ferrari superiority
Lewis Hamilton admitted that Ferrari’s pace in Monaco qualifying took him and the McLaren team by surprise.

Felipe Massa headed an all-Maranello front-row lockout in the Principality – confounding paddock expectations that McLaren would have the upper hand based on its performance here in free practice and last year.

Hamilton challenged for pole but came up 0.052s short on his final Q3 run, leaving him third on the grid ahead of team-mate Heikki Kovalainen.

Ferrari’s superiority left the Briton scratching his head, since he felt there was little wrong with his own lap.

“I think we did a solid job,” he said.

“For sure we anticipated we would be a little bit quicker and we were surprised by the Ferraris’ pace.

“Both my laps were quite good and I was quite happy with the way the whole session went.

“I had no problems with traffic. We lost a little bit in the last sector, but generally the car felt good and I felt that I strung together two solid laps – but the time just wasn’t there.

“Still, I’m happy with the strategy we’re on, so tomorrow we’ll see how we do.”

SOURCE: http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=42752
Hamilton didn't expect the qualification outcome, he was sure of the pole position, he was really upset in the press conference, he didn't say nothing strong about it but his face show it all. IMO, if he doesn't manage and dominate his feelings, he could make a mistake in the race start.

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 24 May 2008, 21:02

Fergie1 wrote:
shail69 wrote:i think they should modify the circuit and include a fast straight for overtaking maybe.
That would sort of defeat the whole point of Monaco, its meant to be a street circuit.
Don't chance Monaco!! Of course not!! :<>:
<<<The flag Lew1s waved at

Soyyo
GP2 Driver
GP2 Driver

Post by Soyyo » 24 May 2008, 21:09

Kovalainen expected strong Ferraris
McLaren driver Heikki Kovalainen says he was not surprised to see an all-Ferrari front row despite his team having the set the pace through most of free practice for the Monaco Grand Prix.

The Finn was quickest of all in the wet/dry Saturday morning session, despite a spin, but simply could not reproduce that form in qualifying.

Kovalainen will line up fourth on the grid, alongside teammate Lewis Hamilton, and four tenths off pole position.

"They have been strong all this year so why not?" Kovalainen told UK broadcaster ITV when asked if was shocked by Ferrari's qualifying pace. "They certainly haven't lost any of their performance here this weekend. Surely they are very good and performing very well.

"We just couldn't get any more out of the car and the tyres today, especially the softer tyre and I just felt I couldn't get more out of it. I don't know exactly why but I need to try and find out the reasons and try again tomorrow."

SOURCE: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67682
These are some of the headlines:
Against all odds, it's a Ferrari lock-out in Monaco
Massa: I still can't believe this.
Massa grabs surprise Monaco pole
Hamilton surprised by Ferrari's pace
Ferrari steals Monaco pole.

The experts are wrong, and Heikki was correct with his expectation .... don't think so .... Heikki was also surprise, but he is playing post-qualification psychological games with his opponents. The same is with McLaren, they can't explain what happen with McLaren advantage in this circuit.
The question are:
Would this affect their strategy for the race? Would they begin to change it, hopping to leap pass Ferrari during the race?
During this year, McLaren strategy change on the run hasn't be a good decision.
Lets wait for the race

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 24 May 2008, 21:16

Rumour at Monaco: Liuzzi in, Sutil out

JoostLamers
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Post by JoostLamers » 24 May 2008, 21:24

Ron Dennis: 'You can blow the race, when you run the qualifying on very little fuel, and you have to start the race very light'

Conclusion: Hamilton heavy, Kova heavier, I think...

hamburch
kart driver
kart driver

Post by hamburch » 24 May 2008, 21:28

joostlamers wrote:Ron Dennis: 'You can blow the race, when you run the qualifying on very little fuel, and you have to start the race very light'

i think they are gonna be pretty similar, ferrari and mclaren. should be a really good race. hopefully kimi can overtake massa at the start :P

lucian
Kart Champion
Kart Champion

Post by lucian » 24 May 2008, 22:36

I'm very surprised that Massa beat Kimi again in qualy but I hope for an overtake at the start too.

edgar_90
car driver
car driver

Post by edgar_90 » 24 May 2008, 23:14

i think massa will be win the gp 2th will be ham 3th rai

lealjaime
F1 Rookie
F1 Rookie

Post by lealjaime » 25 May 2008, 00:26

massa make great improvement during all weekend starting slow at ending the fastest man on q2 over hamilton an kimi with low fuel all..

think for a second... if mcalaren its more fast than ferrari why hamilton can´t beat massa in q2 with low fuel.....

i think ferrari and mclaren had a very similar strategy for pits stops are almost equal....
Ferrari Rules!!!!!!

miladjuckel
car driver
car driver

2008 monaco qualifying q2, and q3

Post by miladjuckel » 25 May 2008, 01:47

ok this may be the wrong place to post, but i'm in desperate need of qualifying Q2, Q3 for 2008 monaco, because my stupid vcr gave up on me after Q1. i can't watch it on here because apparantly i need to have 30 posts or more, and i don't want to get banned for posting junk.
i've been looking all over, but no luck. ANY ADVISE? i'm even willing to pay for it. unfortunately i live in the most ignorant country in the world the U.S., these idiots rarely broadcast repeats, god i freakin hate this. i'd really like to watch it before tomorrows race,
PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!! any advice?????? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

rt87
car driver
car driver

Post by rt87 » 25 May 2008, 03:10

Massa will win the GP, if not rain... but if it does.. nobody could make a true prevision... because monaco is one of the most difficult circuit in rainy... like that memorable gp in 1997 ,

counter1405
car driver
car driver

Post by counter1405 » 25 May 2008, 04:24

to my surprise,ML cannot got the pole
Ferrari seems to improve its can on street circuirt

markpaz455
kart driver
kart driver

Post by markpaz455 » 25 May 2008, 05:29

its tough to tell who will win............I say Massa in the dry, he was electric in qualy but if there is rain it's could be anybody......to bravest driver.

domenico
car driver
car driver

Post by domenico » 25 May 2008, 05:31

joostlamers wrote:Ron Dennis: 'You can blow the race, when you run the qualifying on very little fuel, and you have to start the race very light'

Actually i think the conclusion is sour grapes. They were expecting pole after practice times from Ferrari, Ron just can't understand how Ferrari can turn it around so well.